Thread: Pastrnak and Duchene

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pastrnak and Duchene

In my league that counts stats as outlined in my sig, I was offered Duchene for pastrnak. We use actual NHL cap hits. Who do you like - Duchene at 6M or pastrnak at .79?
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Pastrnak and Duchene

Until Pasta proves himself a little more I like Duchene. At 6mil that's not bad at all. He'll be much better this year and if you still feel like selling him you'll get much more than that
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Master

unrelated , but I traded E.Kane for Pastrnak straight up because I've grown tired of his antics .

Dobber Sports Deity

In a non-cap league, the easy answer is Duchene. In a cap league where Pastrnak makes less than $1M, it's hard to ignore that and I can understand why you are asking for help.

I truly believe that Pastrnak for that price is better value for the dollar but Duchene is still the better fantasy producer.

Looking at your roster, you look like you could be a pretty competitive team. Can you even afford Duchene? You don't mention anywhere what your current cap situation is.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a non-cap league, the easy answer is Duchene. In a cap league where Pastrnak makes less than $1M, it's hard to ignore that and I can understand why you are asking for help.

I truly believe that Pastrnak for that price is better value for the dollar but Duchene is still the better fantasy producer.

Looking at your roster, you look like you could be a pretty competitive team. Can you even afford Duchene? You don't mention anywhere what your current cap situation is.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we are drafting this weekend and most of those players are off my roster. The keeper rules in my league are quirky and complicated so I wont go into it explaining them. The only returning players I have are Tavares, Lee, Turris, Strome, and Ekblad. Duchene would also automatically be a keeper on my team. The rule with keepers in my league is that you are not allowed to drop them midseason. You can only trade them away.
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).