Thread: Selling low on Bobby Ryan? - rep

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Selling low on Bobby Ryan? - rep

Dobber still has his 3yp at 70, the same as Joe Pavelski (my trade target).

2nd league in sig. Both on one year deals which means they'll need to be signed after this year to be kept and we have only 8 years to sign players each year. If Ryan doesn't have a strong year his value next summer will be minimal due to having zero contract years left in our league. Pavelski with a goal heavy 65pts would still hold significant value.

Would you give up the necessary sweeteners to make this deal work or is Ryan due to bounce back and Pavelski unlikely to keep scoring 70pts a season?

Thanks
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Administrator

Default Re: Selling low on Bobby Ryan? - rep

Ryan should be productive but I definitely prefer Pavelski. I am always willing to offer sweeteners to upgrade my roster.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This largely depends on what the 'sweeteners' are to land Pavelski. I think Pavelski is consistent and will post similar numbers for 2 more years.

Bobby Ryan is like riding a roller coaster with your eyes close... you have no idea what is coming next... and up or a down, or maybe even a loop...

I would definitely consider trying to get Pavelski, but again, it depends what additions you have to make to make the deal work.

Banned

you are selling low on Ryan if you trade him for a guy like Zibanejad for example...I don't think getting Pavelski is selling low on him. I think Ryan will challenge for 70 this year but I would still take Pavelski depending on what else you have to give up.

Dobber Sports Novice

the other day i was offered Ristolainen and a 1st round pick for next years rook draft for Ryan.

I felt like i had to take it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfist13 View Post
    the other day i was offered Ristolainen and a 1st round pick for next years rook draft for Ryan.

I felt like i had to take it.
    bad deal unless you get an elite prospect

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Really depends on what you have to add to make the trade, Ryan is only 3 years younger than Pavelski and hasnt shown nearly the consistency but I dont see Pavelski dropping off much any time soon anyways
    18 Team Full Keeper Start 10F, 3D, 1 G, 1 Flex Skater, 3 ​JR

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, SHG, SHA, W 1.5 Point: PPA 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG .5 Point; Star .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

F:
    Johansen, JvR, Monahan, Kucherov, Tavares, Coyle, Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Rakell, Dadanov, Pacioretti, Gusev, Kaprizov, Tomasino, ​Greenway
    D: Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Valimaki, Hughes, K Miller, ​Grzelcyk
    G: Holtby, Gibson, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Glad I'm not the only one who has soured on Ryan and has lowered their expectations.

Turris' line is the most appealing in OTT and Stone looked like he fit on that wing better than Ryan. The hopes were high for Ryan to be "the man" in Ottawa but it's looking more and more like he won't reach his potential without clicking with an elite centerman (which doesn't appear to be in his near future).
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who has soured on Ryan and has lowered their expectations.

Turris' line is the most appealing in OTT and Stone looked like he fit on that wing better than Ryan. The hopes were high for Ryan to be "the man" in Ottawa but it's looking more and more like he won't reach his potential without clicking with an elite centerman (which doesn't appear to be in his near future).
    i dont think he needs an elite centre to reach 30 goals again. All he needs is his confidence and health. Confidence being e biggest thing because he's a guy who can get down on himself hard. Zibanejad is very talented in his own right and might be as good as turris in a year or two. Stone will be next to turris but that second line will be used a lot, more like a 1A. And he gets to play with Karlsson who is pretty much and elite centre in his own right and a team who is going to be top 10 in scoring most likely.

By all accounts Ryan has worked on his core and explosiveness to improve this year. He was named to the all star game and was a 70ish point player before going on a big cold streak in the last 19 games. He had a shooting percentage of about 8% compared to his career average of 13%. He has worked on a. Complete game and play asking over the last two seasons. We see that happen from time to time when guys are on a new team. They take a year or two to become more complete and they bust out again. Look at Rick Nash last year, for example. He's a guy who lots of people "soured" on.

With just a pure regression Ryan will score 25-30 goals for sure IMO, and with a better body that cold streak is unlikely to happen. We will see what happens but this year is pointing up and I think he's a serious buy low. I drafted him in my league for the first time ever. Anyways that's my analysis, but I'd be very surprised if he did not finish near 30 goals and 68-70 points.

that being said even if you're high on Ryan I don't see the problem going after pavelski for him. And I don't see how saying pavelski is better means you have soured on ryan. Pavelski scored 41 and 37 goals the past two years and was a point per game player pretty much just two years ago.

Dobber Sports Deity

I also think it depends on the "sweetner" as I have not soured on Ryan nearly as much as others. Don't get me wrong, Pavelski is an upgrade to Ryan, but if you give too much as the sweetner it doesn't make that much sense.

If you want to post the full trade offer, you will get a more accurate reply from most. Other than that, it's pure speculative right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

doesnt seem like you are selling low on ryan, but that entirely depends on if you add a significant piece or something marginal that can be recouped easily during the season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Might be giving up marleau in the deal and then be getting something minor back. I likely couldn't keep Marleau beyond this year regardless though. Negotiations are slowly progressing.
    12 tm pts only dynasty

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

if an older 1 yr rental is all it takes then it seems reasonable to pull the trigger then