Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Umberger, Lecavalier and Luke Schenn on the block?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Umberger, Lecavalier and Luke Schenn on the block?

schenn is the only player there that has any chance of being moved

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that GM Ron Hextall is looking to trade R.J. Umberger, Vincent Lecavalier and Luke Schenn.
    While it could be tough to deal any of them at this time, trade talks should start up in the next week or so as teams get down to their 23 man squads. Umberger was dealt from Columbus 15 months ago for Scott Hartnell in a trade that the Flyers have to regret. Umberger had nine goals and 15 points in 67 games before undergoing surgery to repair hip and abdominal muscle issues. He has no fantasy value at this time.
    While Umberger woefully underperformed, Hartnell's contract was the big issue. Hextall made the swap to prepare for his younger core to be signed. I believe Umberger has 2 years while Hartnell has 4 more?

After 2016 year, Flyers have so much cap flexibility. 32M to play with and sign their young core players. All new defense with probably Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, and Morin up with the squad full time.

EDIT: MacDonald was waived. Fvcking Homer. What a shitty manager.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    While Umberger woefully underperformed, Hartnell's contract was the big issue. Hextall made the swap to prepare for his younger core to be signed. I believe Umberger has 2 years while Hartnell has 4 more?

After 2016 year, Flyers have so much cap flexibility. 32M to play with and sign their young core players. All new defense with probably Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, and Morin up with the squad full time.
    That's still a heavy price to pay for some cap later. He should have gotten a better player than Umberger. A bad deal is a bad deal. Buying out Hartnell later would have been better than what they've gotten out of Umberger.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust