Thread: QB Help - Would you do this trade?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default QB Help - Would you do this trade?

Want to get some thoughts and feedback on my QB situation.

14-team (non-PPR) league w/4 keepers
    Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX @ RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
    6 points for passing/rushing/receiving TDs
    1 point for every 25 yards passing
    1 point for every 10 yards rush/receiving

My Roster:
    QB: Carson Palmer, Tony Romo
    RB: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Dion Lewis, DeAngelo Williams, James Starks, Jeremy Langford,
    Lorenzo Taliaferro
    WR: Odell Beckham, Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Kevin White (IR)
    TE: Greg Olsen, Crockett Gillmore
    K: Brandon McManus
    DEF: Seahawks

Started the season out with Romo and Bradford as my QBs. Haven't had a good start. Was high on Bradford but he's been a mess and I don't think that changes. Was able to trade Bradford and pieces for Carson Palmer. I love Carson Palmer but I don't think he stays healthy all season. Was talking to a guy in the league who likes Dion Lewis and would possibly be willing to trade Russell Wilson for Romo and Lewis. Problem is I have Lacy and Forte already banged up to begin with. On the other hand... I'd be set with Wilson/Carson and have Langford and Starks to fall back on.

So the deal would be Wilson for Romo and Lewis.

Should I roll with Palmer all season and see what Dion does?
    Should I not think twice and pull the trigger before Dion is in Belichick's doghouse and has no trade value?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: QB Help - Would you do this trade?

Need some more info here. Pretty much, how do your keepers work? Do they occupy a round in the next draft or is it a fresh draft with the keepers left out?

Dobber Sports Novice

All teams declare 4 keepers two weeks before the draft... the rest of the players thrown into the draft pool.
    So yes, fresh draft with keepers left out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You just went out to get Carson Palmer so why go out and get Wilson as well? I would be comfortable with Palmer and Romo as my QB's. You don't have the depth at RB to trade Lewis. Wilson should not factor into your long term plans with Forte, Lacy, OBJ and Megatron as keepers.
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 UT, 2 G

C - S Stamkos, A Barkov, B Point, L Couture, D Strome, C Dvorak, A Turcotte, P Krebs
    LW - B Marchand, G Landeskog, P Luc Dubois, T Konecny, C Keller, J Farabee, L Raymond
    RW - M Marner, B Boeser, T Meier, J Voracek, W Nylander, K Kaprizov, V Kratsov
    D - Z Werenski, I Provorov, S Gostisbehere, A Pietrangelo, R Pulock, N Hague, L Hughes
    G - A Vasilevsky, J Gibson, I Sorokin, K Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Unless I missed something, Romo is out for the season pretty much. I would definitely make the deal. I think Lewis is a nice talent but his coach hates your fantasy team.