Thread: Not a Great Off-Season for One of my Cap League Teams

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thumbs down Not a Great Off-Season for One of my Cap League Teams

Okay, so I'm in a relatively deep 12 team dynasty cap roto league - we have 25 roster players and a 10 player farm team. Well, wouldn't you know it, I own Patrick Kane. I tried to trade him last year before his $10.5M cap hit was staring me in the face, but my fellow poolies were all too astute to take this heavy cap hit on. So, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. I decide, screw you guys, I'll just keep him then. I won't "give" him away. Then he has some trouble with the ladies and he's even more untradeable, as if that were even possible in a cap league.

One of my other guys is Ryan O'Reilly. Yeah, $6M cap hit and then he decides to literally drive through the drive through and then flee...I'm sure it was a misunderstanding and I keep hoping his truck's DNA will go missing from the evidence locker and maybe an empty envelope will show up at the Ford factory.

In this same league, I also own Jack "brother can you spare a dime" Johnson. Now I hear that he may be in trouble for his bankruptcy stuff with his parents and could actually face jail time!? What the hell JJ, definitely not "dynomite".

I guess it could be worse, I could also own Voynov and Mike Richards, but that would just be cruel.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Not a Great Off-Season for One of my Cap League Teams

You don't have Stoll either. That's good too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Okay, so I'm in a relatively deep 12 team dynasty cap roto league - we have 25 roster players and a 10 player farm team. Well, wouldn't you know it, I own Patrick Kane. I tried to trade him last year before his $10.5M cap hit was staring me in the face, but my fellow poolies were all too astute to take this heavy cap hit on. So, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. I decide, screw you guys, I'll just keep him then. I won't "give" him away. Then he has some trouble with the ladies and he's even more untradeable, as if that were even possible in a cap league.

One of my other guys is Ryan O'Reilly. Yeah, $6M cap hit and then he decides to literally drive through the drive through and then flee...I'm sure it was a misunderstanding and I keep hoping his truck's DNA will go missing from the evidence locker and maybe an empty envelope will show up at the Ford factory.

In this same league, I also own Jack "brother can you spare a dime" Johnson. Now I hear that he may be in trouble for his bankruptcy stuff with his parents and could actually face jail time!? What the hell JJ, definitely not "dynomite".

I guess it could be worse, I could also own Voynov and Mike Richards, but that would just be cruel.
    Yikes! I owned Voynov and Kovalchuk when each of them left the league, so to speak (Voynov was forced, of course). Not fun.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Monster

Does your league allow for the moving of Cap $$$ in trades or retaining $$$ in trades?
    This option would be highly beneficial in cap leagues.

Well duh - guess I'll answer my own question lol. You probably would of exhausted this option if it were available.

Dobber Sports Titan

I wouldn’t worry too much about ROR’s legal issues, I’d be more worried about if he’s actually worth 6mill, and if he’s worth 7.5mill going forward.

Kane’s cap hit is fine for someone rebuilding I would say. If I was rebuilding in a cap league, that’s what I would do; especially right now. But you’ll be fine I say, just may have to use a lot of rookie contracts this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll