Thread: Glenn Anderson - Another Retired Oil Jersey

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Glenn Anderson - Another Retired Oil Jersey

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/a...ilers-anderson

I know I didn\'t do the link thing, I\'m an idiot.

Can\'t believe he was 2 goals shy of 500 before retiring. What a bummer. Congrats to another deserved Oiler dynasty member.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No worries, I\'m in the same idiot boat when it comes to using tiny.url

Good news for Oil fans. Number 9 was one of my favourite Oilers. Fast, fearless, free spirited, he was a big part of the Oilers success and he always showed up in the playoffs.

I bet he doesn\'t even regret not hitting 500 goals:P
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

I would like to see the Oilers have one season with no Jersey retirements, which would be sending to both players and fans the clear message of \'we\'re no longer linving in the past, and it\'s now up to you to build a new future. The Oilers past is storied, but at some point it just begins to weigh on your present.
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Ninja

The problem with that is they had so many great (not just good - we\'re talking Hall of Famers here) players.

I think they are done for a while with the jersey retirements.

I\'m not sure how much any team\'s past weighs on the present generation. Maybe in Montreal I could see it. Certainly in Toronto there is no pressure to succeed from an organizational point of view.

Edmonton\'s past is just that. The great players are gone and they now have the nucleus of hopefully something special.

As for the fans, they (we) will always live in the past, more so if they haven\'t won anything in a while!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket