Thread: need some advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default need some advice

12 team yaho, .25 ppr, qb, wr,wr,wr,rb,rb,flex,te,k, def

qb: luck
    wr: beckham, davante adams, tavon austin, michael crabtree, martavis bryant, michael floyd
    rd: forsett, woodhead, chris johnson, gurley, spiller
    te: olse
    k: parkey
    def: new england

my team needs some help and i'm not sure what's the best move. notable free agents are:

wr: travis benjamin, rishard matthews, leonard hankerson
    rb: james starks, matt jones

don't really know what to do, are any of these players better than what i have? thanks for any advice.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: need some advice

Jones and Starks would be more helpful than Tavon Austin. I would prefer Jones because it sounds like Lacy should be back for this weeks game and you don't own Lacy no no reason to cuff. I think your biggest benefits will be felt from the returns of Gurley and Bryant. You sorely need a more dependable WR 2 behind OBJ. Once Gurley gets back hopefully he solidifies your backfield as well. Jones should continue to chip away at Alfred Morris the rest of the season gaining more and more relevance.
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 UT, 2 G

C - S Stamkos, A Barkov, B Point, L Couture, D Strome, C Dvorak, A Turcotte, P Krebs
    LW - B Marchand, G Landeskog, P Luc Dubois, T Konecny, C Keller, J Farabee, L Raymond
    RW - M Marner, B Boeser, T Meier, J Voracek, W Nylander, K Kaprizov, V Kratsov
    D - Z Werenski, I Provorov, S Gostisbehere, A Pietrangelo, R Pulock, N Hague, L Hughes
    G - A Vasilevsky, J Gibson, I Sorokin, K Kahkonen

I think it makes sense to take Jones over Austin (unless you count return yards) and Floyd. But there is still no guarantee that he will make an immediate weekly impact for you. Really, your team will get better once Luck starts playing better, and Gurley, Bryant, and Spiller all start playing regularly. That said, I agree that WR is your big area of concern and wonder if you could drop both Austin and Floyd for Jones and a WR.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry, this doesn't offer much help, but this is exactly why it's a wasted pick on a QB in the first couple rounds. You're depleted elsewhere while investing so much into just one player who thus far has probably costed you two weeks.

I would pick up Jones as soon as you can, and perhaps just play the waiting game to see what else emerges in the WR corps. Crabtree can be serviceable until Bryant returns, but then you're still lacking at flex.

Personally, wait until Luck bounces back and then trade him.. surely there will be another person in your league who will have clouded judgement when it involves Luck.

Either way, tough spot to be in, GL.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice everyone. Well all of those options were gone. Do you guys hunk that ebron would be a good fit over any of my other players? Is it bad to carry and start 2 te? Thanks again

Dobber Sports Expert

Ebron is not a good fit since you only play one TE (you don't have a flex) and I would have a hard time trustin EE over Olsen.

What you need to do, is seel Luck next week after he destroys the Titans in his bounceback game. Let everyone see he is back and shop him to someone for some RB help.

I think jekel has a flex. I would take Ebron. I would probably take him over Austin and Floyd regardless. To strengthen your team you need to either find better players or find players you could trade. That means gambling on upside. Ebron doesn't have to be better than Olsen to be useful to you, he just needs to be better than a TE some other team is starting. And that could happen.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    I think jekel has a flex. I would take Ebron. I would probably take him over Austin and Floyd regardless. To strengthen your team you need to either find better players or find players you could trade. That means gambling on upside. Ebron doesn't have to be better than Olsen to be useful to you, he just needs to be better than a TE some other team is starting. And that could happen.
    I missed that in the team list but if the flex doesn't allow TE ( there are many RB/WR only flex positions) then the 2nd TE here doesn't make sense. If he can play the TE there, then yeah, may as well me the add for now