Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: DobberHockey - Expert/Pro/Entry Division Info

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re:DobberHockey - Expert/Pro/Entry Division Info

Thanks doulos,

There have been more trades than I thought there might be.

I really wanted Jokinen at the draft and could have had him as my 3rd pick, but I had to take Kovalchuk as I had already drafted Lecavalier as my top Centre.

When I was prepping for my draft, using my secret formula, Jokinen actually ranked higher than Crosby (because of SOG and penalty mins). Common sense said that both Crosby and Lecavalier be ranked higher than Jokinen, but I really wanted him bad.

I thought I gave up a couple of decent players in Redden and Guerin. Talk about trading Guerin before he started stinking up the joint. Redden\'s been decent. M.A.Bergeron hasn\'t quite been as good as I\'d hoped, but he was already in the doghouse when I proposed the trade - I just thought he\'d work through it.

Man, your team is full of injuries; Gaborik, Avery, Bieksa, Wellwood - just crazy. That may be part of your problem, you\'ve got very few healthy bodies to trade!

Good luck the rest of the way. Hope we can get updates every month or so.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah thankfully though my injuries are not killing me too badly. I have Carcillo so Avery is replaceable and my centres are strong enough that I don\'t have too worry too much. Clearly my defense will be what kills me at the end of the year. I basically am just hoping to get as much of a +/- boost as I can out of them, I can\'t hope for too much more.

Currently second place, but with my Hossa addition and better play by Miller and Brodeur I am hoping I can sneak away with first at the end of the year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well the Dobber Pro Pool has really turned into a 2 horse race at this point.

RepentTokyo\'s goaltending combination of Luongo and Dipietro has him dominating the goaltending categories and he also holds first place in Assists and total points. He doesn\'t have the sexiest looking forward corps but it\'s enough to give him 1st place over Fergie\'s Leafs by 11 points.

Fergie\'s Leafs are also doing quite well in net on the back of some strong recent play by Vokoun and Bryzgalov (he also has Backstrom) With Gagner returning soonish he should be able to move even closer to RepentTokyo\'s team down the road.

Hockeylifer has a great looking team but is getting killed in goal. If things turns around for him there he\'s my pick for winning it all. Currently sits in 4th place.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for the update. I\'ll try and do one over the holidays for the Experts Pool.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

I think a lot of people in our league forgot how important D is. I made sure I had at least 4 super solid D, and for some reason someone in our league dropped Eric Johnson and Campoli, so that gave me 2 extra decent guys.

Dobber Sports Ninja

repenttokyo wrote:
    I think a lot of people in our league forgot how important D is. I made sure I had at least 4 super solid D, and for some reason someone in our league dropped Eric Johnson and Campoli, so that gave me 2 extra decent guys.
    I thought the same in the Experts League. I made it one of my priorities and I ended up drafting Gonchar, McCabe (ouch), Redden and A.Markov as my top four D.

Then a guy dropped S.Niedermayer. I used my waiver pick to grab him and about a week later, he says he\'s coming back! McCabe out, Niedermayer in! Sometimes you\'re good, sometimes you\'re lucky!:silly: