Thread: Ottawa forwards

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Ottawa forwards

I just realized that with Toskala replacing Raycroft, Belak gone and if McCabe leaves too then there is a good chance that Heater\'s totals might drop by 15 points. :laugh:

I mean he had how many hat tricks in Toronto last year? That will affect his line mates as well. This is partly in jest, but now that I think about it finally having some defense that plays defense in Toronto might eliminate the 5 point tilts...

Anyone have a stat on his points verse the Leafs verse points verse the league?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Ottawa forwards

6 goals, 3 assists in 7 games vs. Leafs.

35 goals, 38 assists in 64 games vs. rest.

The guy owns basically every team, he just plays the Leafs more. Expect a return to 50 goals.

12 points in 7 games against the Habs, 6 goals in 4 games against the Pens. Not bad.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Ottawa forwards

angus wrote:

The guy owns basically every team, he just plays the Leafs more. Expect a return to 50 goals.

12 points in 7 games against the Habs, 6 goals in 4 games against the Pens. Not bad.
    So what your saying is that the all mighty Jeff Finger won\'t cut Heatley down to a 60 point player? :P
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Ottawa forwards

Finger\'s pretty solid - besides the contract. He played well for the Avs last year. The main reason if any for Heatley\'s stats to decline a bit against the Leafs is Toskala - legit top 10 goalie.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Ottawa forwards

angus wrote:

Prorating the Leafs numbers to the same number of games as the rest of the league:

rest: 35+38 in 64 [73 points, 1.14 points per game]
    Leafs 54+27 in 63 [81 points, 1.26 points per game]

So he does get more points against the leafs, but more significantly, the goals to assists ratio gets all out of whack. That, indeed, should balance out.

To spin the numbers in a different way, his numbers for the rest of the league prorated to 7 games and compared to Leafs numbers:

Leafs: 6+3 [9] in 7
    Rest: 3.83+4.15 [7.98] in 7

So, Leafs defense getting better should cost him 2-3 goals and 1-2 points over the year.
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ottawa forwards

He plays the Leafs two less games this year too - 6 instead of 8. Add that to the Finger Factor... and you\'ve got a sell-high candidate!
    :P
    "If the all star game is about showing off ur skills. If I was in the breakaway competition, I'd dump it in and change."
    -Paul Bissonette, "BizNasty2point0", on Twitter, January 30, 2011

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Ottawa forwards

Even missing 11 games with that shoulder injury last year, Heater still would have potted 50 if the team didn\'t nose dive as badly as it did.

Curious if the Sens still make a move for a 2nd line scorer before the summer ends.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...