Thread: Spiller likely down - Which of these 2 replacements do you like better?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Spiller likely down - Which of these 2 replacements do you like better?

According to FantasyPros, CJ. Spiller is out "a least 2 weeks". I tried searching for another site to confirm, but I have not been successful.

I agreed with the assessment of the author of this year' Dobber Football Guide in valuing Spiller highly, largely because of the precedent set by Bush and Sproles in the Saints' offence. Now, with this news, I am quite concerned. Ingram is not available in my league, but these 2 intriguing options are:

Denard Robinson
    Khiry Robinson

I went with D. Robinson thus far, because the reading I've done makes it seem that he has a decent shot to win the #1 job in Jacksonville. K. Robinson is stuck behind Ingram. However I watched quite a few Saints' games last year, and I was impressed with Khiry...especially at his abilities as a receiver. I wanted to canvass the board to see what people thought about these 2 low-end backs, and which one would be more likely to pay off this season...especially if Spiller ends up being a bust this year.

All thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Spiller likely down - Which of these 2 replacements do you like better?

Khiry will likely fill the Spiller role until Spiller is back. I dunno where you read that about Denard but it's not really accurate. Jax drafted Yeldon to be their workhorse and Denard just isn't very good. I'd role with Khiry.

Although according to this, it looks like he should be active for week 1, and I would trust rotoworld above all other fantasy football sites.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Spiller likely down - Which of these 2 replacements do you like better?

I like Khiry better, especially whil Spiller is out he will get more looks and they will find a way to get him the ball some. Yeldon is the guy in Jax for the first two games for sure (and likely all season). So Denard will not see much in the time that Spiller it out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hopefully you will have a better sense of Spiller's status by Thursday. For the bench hold, I'd go with Khiry. I think JAX is going to give Yeldon all sorts of room to establish himself and while I do think that Denard has a role in that offence, I can't imagine that role has a very high ceiling. Khiry should be the guy to fill in for Spiller if/when Spiller get hurt. But they could also give more carries to Ingram, so even if Spiller is out, I would look elsewhere for a RB for this week (if you can).

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeldon 100% has the #1 job and the lags have already reported that. Robinson will still see 10-15 touches at the start unless Yeldon absolutely runs away with it. I would roll Khiry here no doubt.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks all. Good luck this week....unless you have Vikings on your roster. Go Niners!
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov