Thread: Week 1 Ugly RB Situation

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Week 1 Ugly RB Situation

Need to start two. Only solace is that it is a PPR league.

CJ Spiller (Q)
    Danny Woodhead
    Brandon Bolden
    Darren McFadden

My thought is Spiller and Woodhead, unless Spiller looks less than 50%. Bad situation with Bolden playing on Thursday night.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Week 1 Ugly RB Situation

I play Spiller and DMC here. Woodhead in if Spiller can't go. I avoid playing Bolden at all.

I would probably go DMC and Woodhead. That might change to DMC and Spiller if there is any good buzz coming out of NO. I don't own Spiller on any teams so I'm not up to date on his status, but last I heard he wasn't even practicing. I think that Dal will try and prove their RBBC approach, so expect decent usage for DMC. Woodhead has his role in SD. Bolden could have a monster game or just as likely finish third among NE's backs.

Dobber Sports Padawan

For me Bolden is out immediately bc I'm not rolling the dice on NE RBs until I see what's cooking.

PPR I got Woodhead 1 and for my 2 I roll the dice on Run DMC.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Expert

Just in case you haven't heard, Spiller is officially out for week 1. So I would roll Woodhead and DMC here.

I can't seem to pull the trigger on DMC over Bolden. I know the Pats backfield is always a mess, but isn't Bolden the only big back this week? In a potential high scoring affair with a suspect defense, I could see Bolden getting a lot of work. Tough to go with McFadden, who has an indetermined role himself.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Is Woodhead really a viable fantasy asset this year? I guess it depends on scoring cats.

It's PPR so Woodhead should contribute something.

Quote Originally Posted by WeissAsNice View Post
    I can't seem to pull the trigger on DMC over Bolden. I know the Pats backfield is always a mess, but isn't Bolden the only big back this week? In a potential high scoring affair with a suspect defense, I could see Bolden getting a lot of work. Tough to go with McFadden, who has an indetermined role himself.
    Maybe Belichick gives Bolden all the work. Maybe Belichick wants to see what Lewis and White can do. Maybe Belichick wants to rub the NF'Ls nose in Brady's overturned suspension and just has Brady throw the ball all night. Who knows.

In Dallas DMC is the only guy with any type of track record. That doesn't guarantee anything, but it does make his touches a little more likely in my opinion.

There is no obvious start here, and if your gut says Bolden, then do it. He is certainly the most trusted guy in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Is Woodhead really a viable fantasy asset this year? I guess it depends on scoring cats.
    Woodhead should be good in ppr and may have an even larger role if Gordon can't be relied on to block. Last time Woodhead was healthy, he was a top 25 back.

Dobber Sports Expert

Gordon is a 2-down back and really struggles in pass protection. Woodhead's role is pretty carved out with a 3rd down role and will get work when the Chargers are down and in need of touchdowns. In PPR, I wouldn't worry about Woodhead, but wouldn't own him outside of 12+ team league in a standard scoring settings.