Thread: Do I make this trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Do I make this trade

Hi all,

Wondering if I should make this move. I have a middling team in a 20 team league that can use some depth down the road. I may or may not be a playoff team but my current goaltending is as strong as anyone's in the league. I also own Rinne as my other tender and have also just aquired Brossoit (Edm) in a separate move. My thinking is that Niemi won't see as many starts as Dubie, so wins/saves could be down. Perphrials could be closer. As well, I think at some point, Niemi takes over for Lehtonen, and Desrosiers jumps over Campbell in Dallas' system. My defence is fairly weak too so deAngelo should be a big help there once he can push for a spot on TB. I'm not totally sold on Dubnyk repeating last years performance, but I will acknowledge that Minny is a better defensive team than Dallas. I would like to hear your thoughts on this prior to pushing the on-off button.

Goalie cats are W, Svs, Sv%, GAA.

My Dubnyk & 2016 3rd

for

DeAngelo, Niemi & Desrosiers

Dubie is $5M for 5 years
    Niemi has a cap hit of $4.5M for 3 years, Desrosiers $.667 for 3 years, DeAngelo $.925 for 3 years

Edit: I've also just received another offer on Dubie that would include at least one of Howard, Khudobin, Ortio, Gillies. Gillies is certainly enticing here but the other roster players haven't been discussed yet.

One other thing. I haven't "announced" that Dubnyk is available. What are the chance I get a better offer than what's on the table. I'd hate to say no to the subject offer and not receive an offer that would meet or beat that.
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Do I make this trade

I would keep Dubnyk. He's going to be a top 10 goalie in any league settings. Minnesota is one of the best team's in the NHL defensively and they are only getting better as they only have 1 of their top 6 dmen who are over the age of 26. Unless you are getting the type of value that a top 5 goalie should get, I would not be trading Dubnyk. I actually expect his numbers for the season to be just as good as last year. My predictions for him are this:

41 wins, 2.15 GAA, .926 SV%, 8 Shutouts, ~1680 saves

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would keep Dubnyk no doubt.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Giant

As special as DeAngelo is, I would not move Dubnyk for him and Niemi (the pick and Desrosiers are fluff IMO).

If it was DeAngelo and say Miller or Mrazek (an older starter or a promising young goalie) then I would be tempted, but I don't think Niemi steals the crease so I would avoid the current deal.

As for the one involving Howard, it's a bit more tempting but since there are no guarantees that the crease is his, I would hold on to Dubnyk unless there is another important piece in the offer.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

I would need to have a starter coming back before letting go of Dubnyk who is going to tend goal for many of the Wild's games.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

id stand pat as well

Dobber Sports Monster

You're playing the " what if" game too strong. In a perfect world your thoughts make sense, but it's not a perfect world in how we see things playing out.
    I want Dubnyk over Niemi. I want no part of the Niemi / Lehtonen duo if I can only own one. That's a sure-fire headache in the making.
    DeAngelo of course is highly enticing, but not at the expense of further team regression.
    I stand pat for now. I would have no qualms floating out some feelers of letting the league Dubnyk could be available via trade but I don't like you doing this particular trade.

Thanks guys. I didn't accept the trade and will instead plan on starting the season with Rinne/Dubnyk as my tenders. I'm good with that.
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Thanks guys. I didn't accept the trade and will instead plan on starting the season with Rinne/Dubnyk as my tenders. I'm good with that.
    You made the right move.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Smart to not make the move... However I would still let the league know that he is available. After his run last year you might get an offer where someone is willing to over pay for him. And as you mentioned I am not sold on him either.

but he moves his eyes and head with the puck now...apparently that's all it takes :P