Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumour] Five Teams Have Contacted Chicago About Patrick Kane Trade

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Rumour] Five Teams Have Contacted Chicago About Patrick Kane Trade

My thought is: 'Only 5 teams have contacted' You would think every team would be contacting just to at least see if they are dealing. If I was an NHL GM I would hate to miss out on that train.

Dobber Sports Wizard

How does the author of the article know the number of teams that have contacted the Hawks? Just curious how one obtains such information.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I do. And they have prospects. But I can't see them moving what Chi would want. If they are out, perhaps Florida has the goods. The other three, eh.

My guess situationally:

Buff
    Florida
    Arizona
    Carolina
    NJ
    Yes these are the teams with the cap space, but if Kane gets moved, he won't be moved for peanuts. Odds are, a similar amount to Kane's cap hit will be swapped back to the Hawks but most likely in the form of 2-3+ players. In light of this, pretty much every team has the cap space for him!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    How does the author of the article know the number of teams that have contacted the Hawks? Just curious how one obtains such information.
    TMZ?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    The team tells him.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Couldn't imagine Buffalo going after Kane. P Kane, E Kane and ROR in one locker room? Not a great way to teach the young kids the ropes.

Dale Tallon loves taking on former Hawks so I could see him making a call.

If he was to move (which I don't think he will), I'd put my money on New Jersey or Nashville.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's a shame to see such an elite-level, borderline dynasty-caliber team potentially breaking up over something like this.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's a shame to see such an elite-level, borderline dynasty-caliber team potentially breaking up over something like this.
    Yeah, but instead of having 1 x player with a cap hit of $10.5M, they could then employ 1 x $6M and 1 x $4M players...or 2 x $5M players!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, but instead of having 1 x player with a cap hit of $10.5M, they could then employ 1 x $6M and 1 x $4M players...or 2 x $5M players!
    True, but I'm not convinced the net impact will be additive like that.

When I think of the modern day Blackhawks, I think of Toews & Kaner (and Keith). Those two complement each other so well in terms of what they bring to the club.

With Kaner and Sharp out, Hossa's skills fading, more of the offensive pressure will fall on Toews. Who knows what kind of impact that will have on the other areas of his game and the many intangibles he brings.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    What a locker room that would be make with the 2 Kanes. Ideal schooling ground for Jack Eichel I think not.
    Something (maybe the fact he got mad at the coaching staff/players for winning the few games they won down the stretch last year? or perhaps the way he hires and fires coaches like it's a video game? or perhaps the players he traded for over the past year? or perhaps the way he handles the press?) tells me Tim Murray couldn't care less about character and locker room chemistry.

If P Kane is moved anywhere... my money is on Buffalo.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't care what anyone says, Jim Nill's mustache DEFINITELY made a call to see the status of Kaner!

That's how he rolls!
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    True, but I'm not convinced the net impact will be additive like that.

When I think of the modern day Blackhawks, I think of Toews & Kaner (and Keith). Those two complement each other so well in terms of what they bring to the club.

With Kaner and Sharp out, Hossa's skills fading, more of the offensive pressure will fall on Toews. Who knows what kind of impact that will have on the other areas of his game and the many intangibles he brings.
    I don't disagree with you, but man, to have two players whose cap hit is $10.5M each and it won't take long before they lack the necessary depth for a deep playoff run - especially if one of them gets injured. See Penguins, Pittsburgh

Toews is someone I wouldn't want to lose because he brings so much more to the table, plus he's a Center.

I guess my real point was more about depth and cap management being important. (sorry, that's kind of a duh moment - preaching to the choir I'm sure!)

Dobber Sports Legend

How about Kane and Seabrook to the Preds for Fiala, Wilson, Jones and a 1st?

Rinne
    Weber
    Kane
    Josi
    Seabrook
    Forsberg
    Neal

... give the Preds a nice core to make a legit run.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    How about Kane and Seabrook to the Preds for Fiala, Wilson, Jones and a 1st?

Rinne
    Weber
    Kane
    Josi
    Seabrook
    Forsberg
    Neal

... give the Preds a nice core to make a legit run.
    Why would they want to move Seabrook though? Seems like he's a staple on their blue line. Fiala, Wilson and a 1st is a very small return for Kane IMO. I'm not sure if adding Seabrook for Jones really helps.

How about Jones, Fiala and a 1st for Kane??
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Why would they want to move Seabrook though? Seems like he's a staple on their blue line. Fiala, Wilson and a 1st is a very small return for Kane IMO. I'm not sure if adding Seabrook for Jones really helps.

I think the Preds are going to give up that kinda package for a center only, which is their biggest need.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

IMO, that'd be an underpayment in fantasy (close to fair as soon as next year) but an over payment in real life - cap hits and current situation considered.

That being said, I don't see the Preds offering Jones + 1st for Kane, let alone adding Fiala to the mix. CHI isn't the team with the leverage here.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko