Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NHL Schedule conflict?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default NHL Schedule conflict?

i think narduch sensed an agressive retort from you, repent, and responded in kind. that sort of thign happens a lot... the joy of the internet!

i am on the \"whats the big deal\" train here... aside from repent\'s (and probably others) scheduling conflicts, which is never easy. is there some terrible law against having a regular season game going on while a preseason game is happening? if it were all in NA, then yeah, i think it would be pretty weird and i\'d be questioning what the hell was going on. but it seems pretty obvious to me that they want to have european games while not pushing the regular season start back at all... and the only way to do that and still give the teams plenty of rest (ie. the ducks lesson) is to do the euro games earlier.

i\'m not claiming that the scheduling people at the NHL are right all the time (they certainly are not!!), but this seams like a reasonable solution.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

repenttokyo, sorry if I came across as an ass. The problem with internet discussions is that it doesn\'t allow for proper tone.

No harm was meant in any way.

By the way, MLB has a similar situation as the NHL when they have international games.

Dobber Sports Expert

no problem dude, i figured it was just a miscommunication.

I...am your father.

It made it difficult last season to predict my sales and when to spend the marketing dollars...was I to pour it on before the Europe games begin? Or pour it on before the rest of the teams play? When are drafts held? Poolies were undecided and very much split.
    Under this format, rather than having two big sales/traffic days in a row...I had like 10 days of mediocre sales and traffic.
    It makes running a pool (and a pool website) more difficult. Hell, last year we were drafting while watching the ANA/LA game! It actually made J.Bernier a higher pick!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi