Thread: Draft Feedback!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Draft Feedback!

So we finished the majority of the draft a little while ago but I just wanted feedback on my team and if any trades should be made. I was trying to go for a team that can make the playoffs but had a good crop of prospects.

22 Team H2H Points Based Cap Dynasty League on Fantrax

G(1), A(1), +/-(.5), PIM(.05), SOG(,05), PPP(.5), Hit(.05), Blk(.05), FOW(.01).
    W(2), GAA(-1), SV(.1), SO(3)

4 C
    - Couture(LW), Dano, Grigorenko, Jarnkrok, Kopitar.
    4 LW - Benn, Burakovsky, Chimera, De La Rose, J. McGinn
    4 RW - J.T. Brown, Burmistrov(C), Plotnikov(LW) Ryan(LW), Simmonds.
    6 D - Bouwmeester, R. Ellis, J. Moore, Orlov, Phaneuf, Sekera, Voynov.
    1 G - Neuvirth
    4 Bench

27 Minors

C - Forsbacka Karlsson, Nylander.
    LW - Fiala, Kempe, Leipsic, Zykov.
    RW - Armia
    D - Bowey, Carlo, T. Carrick, Forbort, Gostisbehere, Morin, Morrissey, Pokka, Racine, Slavin, Sproul, Weegar.
    G - Gibson, Vasilevskiy

One thing is for sure, I need a starting goalie.
    Los Angeles Kings
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League on Fantrax

G, A, Pt, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, Hit, Blk.
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    12 F
    6 D
    2 G
    3 Bench

Roster

St. Louis Blues
    4 C
    4 LW
    4 RW
    6 D
    1 G
    4 Bench

Roster

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Draft Feedback!

You DO need a starting goalie, but with Gibson & Vasilevsky in the wings, I wouldn't spend much on a top tier goalie. Maybe send some defensemen (of which you have plenty of prospects) for a third tier guy like Ramo, Lehner or Jones; a guy you know will get some stats for you this year, and won't be in the way of your young goalies when it comes time to move one or both of them to the big team.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

You have two very ugly contracts with Bouwmeester and Phaneuf and you d in general is a big problem. I doubt you can move any of them right now, so i guess you will have to wait for the deadline and try to convince a contender to go for them.

You also need a goalie. Having young back-ups is nice, but you will need a starter. Gibson and Vasilevsky have still a rough way to go before they might become starters.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    You have two very ugly contracts with Bouwmeester and Phaneuf and you d in general is a big problem. I doubt you can move any of them right now, so i guess you will have to wait for the deadline and try to convince a contender to go for them.

You also need a goalie. Having young back-ups is nice, but you will need a starter. Gibson and Vasilevsky have still a rough way to go before they might become starters.

Those were my exact thoughts. I have Bouwmeester in my only cap league and am considering straight up cutting him to make room to some EL contract prospects because of that huge contract of his (and lack of production).
    16 team, dynasty cap league (real salary), Points ONLY (W=2+SO=3)
    Count best 12 F, 6 D, 2 G || 19-20 Cap = 94M

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom
    D: Letang, Krug, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Manson, Persson, Djoos
    G: Bobrovsky, Fleury, Merzlikins, Subban, Gustavsson, Sandstrom, Gillies, Husso

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The cap is $86M and the commissioner might change the format of the league to H2H and take out the points based system. I currently have over $20M Cap Space so I'm not worried about their contracts right now.
    Los Angeles Kings
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League on Fantrax

G, A, Pt, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, Hit, Blk.
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    12 F
    6 D
    2 G
    3 Bench

Roster

St. Louis Blues
    4 C
    4 LW
    4 RW
    6 D
    1 G
    4 Bench

Roster

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DamienH95 View Post
    The cap is $86M and the commissioner might change the format of the league to H2H and take out the points based system. I currently have over $20M Cap Space so I'm not worried about their contracts right now.
    Phaneuf is signed for another 6 years, Bouwmeester for 4 more years, so if you ever want to compete, these contracts are going to hurt you. They don't bring good value and the numbers will even go down in the last years of their contracts.