Thread: Keeper Help

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper Help

Have to make a decision regarding the league in my Signature.

I have one more keeper spot and as I see it I have three options. (as well as the mentioned players I own M.Stone and T.Tartar as potential keepers).

Which option do you like / what are your suggestions?

1. Trade Stone for a 4th round pick and keep Tartar (there is interest from other managers for Stone but all they want to give me is middle round pick or a secondary keeper, datsyuk, little, hartnell)

2. Keep stone and put Tartar back into the draft.

3. Keep Tartar and place Stone into the draft.

I'm having a tough time pegging Stone as there seems to be a lot of differing opinion about him. I also realize that my team is very young and that I have acquired a lot of risk. I already have Nich, Mackinnon, Eichel and Trouba as developing players am I inviting disaster by adding someone like stone, maybe adding someone like Datsyuk isn't a bad idea?

Thanks for your thoughts

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Keeper Help

Which players in your pool qualify as rookies? How is the goalie pool depth in your pool?...could you upgrade on Mason in your draft?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Rookies are basically players with less then 3 full seasons. In my case Nich, Mackinnon and Trouba all qualify as Rookies.

Goalies are a pretty hot commodity on our league. In the redraft I'd be looking at picking up a Lack, Talbot type goalie (which is something I plan to do).

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I vote for option #1. get a 4th and keep tatar I like Tatars upside better the stones. And Tatar will be in a group of top 6 forwards in Detroit that could be really nice in the future... Mantha, Larkin, Pulkkinen, Nqyusit

Dobber Sports Star

I would keep Stone. I like his potential and how he plays the game.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Both Tatar and Stone had very similar seasons in terms of points and power play time and both figure into top-6 roles. With a 12-team, 10 player keeper, I don't see a 4th rounder being of too much value if you like Stone more than Tatar.
    I might consider keeping both and throwing back Mason as it doesn't look like your lineup will have you contending this year and the values of goaltenders fluctuates greatly from year to year.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would keep either and trade the other for as good of a pick as you can. Always better to acquire assets for drops rather than outright dropping them.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg