Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keep 1 - Hudler, Ladd, Pominville

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keep 1 - Hudler, Ladd, Pominville

Salary cap of $83, uses real AAV, keep 10 players & 2 rookies (who were rookies the year previous or still Calder-eligible), G/A/P/PPP/SOG/W/SOs

My list right now is:
    F: Voracek, DSedin, HSedin, Tatar
    D: HLindholm, JSchultz
    G: Rinne, Lehtonen, Niemi
    Rookie: Spooner, Klingberg
    For approximately 50m

My options for last keeper are narrowed down to Hudler (4m), Ladd (4.4), Pominville (5.6ish?)
    Other options are: Spezza, Lehtera, Coyle, Perron, DSavard, Gardiner

My initial thought is to go with Hudler because he's actually hit a 70+ number whereas no one else has (excepting 7m Spezza) and is relatively cheap, but he obviously will regress in his Sh%. Pominville is mister steady 55-60pt but a bit more expensive/less of a risk, which is how I feel about Ladd as well.
    Do I put Savard on as my last keeper at 1.3m and walk into the draft with 4F/4D? Help appreciated.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Keep 1 - Hudler, Ladd, Pominville

Hudler.

Dobber Sports Stud

At that price tag, Hudler has the best value imo...
    He will regress, but should at the minimum fall in the range of Ladd and Pominville, with upside for more if the chemistry with Johnny Hockey is still there.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hudler for me

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ladd for me. On a side note, you have a lot of money tied up in Niemi and Lehtonen, any chance you could make a move for a starter and even save some $$$$.
    [B]20 Team, keep 8. Categories, G,A,PPG, SHG, PIM, +/-, Goalie wins, GAA. We carry 9 f/ws, 5 D and 2 G.

Tom Wilson, Tomas Plekanac, Milan Lucic, Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Patrick Sharp, Henrik Sedin, Jason Chimera, Joe Thornton
    Dion Phaneuf, Ryan McDonaugh, John Klingberg, Kevin Shatttenkirk, Justin Falk
    Ondrej Pavalec, Roberto Luongo

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hudler over Ladd, but it's close

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Hudler but with those cats I'd go with Ladd.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by cfdickson View Post
    Ladd for me. On a side note, you have a lot of money tied up in Niemi and Lehtonen, any chance you could make a move for a starter and even save some $$$$.
    I had Dubnyk, but moved him in a deal for 3rd overall/Lehtonen/Lindholm, and then moved the 3rd and another 1st for Voracek.
    They're pricey, but with there only being 2 goalie cats and Svs/SV% not being part of them, I really like the Dallas combo. I'll draft another mid-tier goalie and hope one of the 2 Dallas goalies becomes a true starter so I can drop/trade the other & save some $

So from feedback so far it seems like a coin flip between Ladd & Hudler. I've tried to wrangle a pick for either one but no bites. Thanks everyone
    12-man salary cap roto keeper league, 25 roster spots & 8 farm (12 F, 6D, 2G active - max 82GP/spot) - 83M cap, real AAV - G/A/P/PPP/SOGs/Hits/PIM W/GAA/SO
    F: Giroux, Little, Steen, Downie, Perron, Hudler, Bouma, Rinaldo, BSchenn, MKarlsson, Nelson, Spooner, Pastrnak, Bjorkstrand, Panarin
    D: Markov, Sekera, Klingberg, Boychuk, Brodie, Karlsson, Reilly
    G: Miller, Howard, Mrazek
    Farm: Petan, Hellebuyck, Goldobin, Werenski, Beauvillier, DeBrusk, Rychel, Kyle Connor

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by adalyfrey View Post
    I had Dubnyk, but moved him in a deal for 3rd overall/Lehtonen/Lindholm, and then moved the 3rd and another 1st for Voracek.
    They're pricey, but with there only being 2 goalie cats and Svs/SV% not being part of them, I really like the Dallas combo. I'll draft another mid-tier goalie and hope one of the 2 Dallas goalies becomes a true starter so I can drop/trade the other & save some $

So from feedback so far it seems like a coin flip between Ladd & Hudler. I've tried to wrangle a pick for either one but no bites. Thanks everyone
    Both players don't hold a lot of value in fantasy hockey for some strange reason so it will be hard to get a fair value return for either of them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like your thought on keeping Savard at 1.3 and then walking into the draft with some extra $$$ to hopefully get a forward better than hudler.. Depending on where you are in the draft order, you might be able to get a better forward that Hudler at a decent cost, or maybe even re-draft Hudler if there is nothing else available.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Hudler but with those cats I'd go with Ladd.

Agreed.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ladd
    12 Team H2H. Full Keeper
    G/A/Points/PIM/PPP/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO
    Malkin, Seguin, Perry, Monahan, TJohnson, Wheeler, Lucic, Nichushkin, Drouin, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holland, Bouma, Nieto, Colborne, Prust, Jooris
    Subban, Savard, Dillon, Murphy, Prout, Petrovic
    Lundqvist, Rinne

Both Hudler and Ladd are going to be getting 2-3 million dollar raises next season, just keep that in mind aswell.. I would probably roll with Ladd with the shots on goal being a stat cat..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Both Hudler and Ladd are going to be getting 2-3 million dollar raises next season, just keep that in mind aswell.. I would probably roll with Ladd with the shots on goal being a stat cat.. Hudler had 158 SOG and Ladd had 224 SOG last season..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

I would pick Hudler but only slightly over Ladd.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg