Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 5

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2015 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 5

I was dreading this week since Peterson and Ivory were on byes, so would have to rely on Doug Martin and Chris Johnson. All I have to say is - thank you Martin!

The Wolverine

Four wins in a row and knocking off Mr. Undefeated? What's going on? I wasn't expecting this but I'll take it. Hopefully I'm not peaking too early as it's still a long, hard battle to go.

Brady's Bunch still looking quite strong.

Onto week 7...

Dobber Sports Icon

Yup,Brady's Bunch, Pengwin's team and your team looking good. Ryan (badonkagronk) had some bad luck Monday night with Eli shi..ing the bed, pulled out the unlikely win, but tough test against Brady's this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Four wins in a row and knocking off Mr. Undefeated? What's going on? I wasn't expecting this but I'll take it. Hopefully I'm not peaking too early as it's still a long, hard battle to go.

Brady's Bunch still looking quite strong.

Onto week 7...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yup,Brady's Bunch, Pengwin's team and your team looking good.
    While I appreciate being included... my team is a big mirage.
    I have major RB2 issues, no bonafide TE, and no WR4 for my BYE weeks.

Fortunately, 5-0 is a pretty good start.
    Even 7-6 usually makes the top 6... especially with only 12 teams.
    So I just need to squeak out two more wins.

I've been uber-fortunate in scheduling... already beating the bottom-dwellers while their SupaDupaStars were injured... and catching some other solid teams (Axe & rataylor's teams) on off-weeks.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Eli was so bad. Sadface Ryan. But like who expected Cam and JStew (who literally double his YTD FP last week) to crush Seattle in Seattle? Not me.

The Wolverine

I'm not sure if this has happened in our league before but Newf and I tied our matchup this week with 81.30 points. Clearly neither of us deserved a win so I guess it's a fair result.

Dobber Sports Deity

I gave Russ a victory this week. I knew this week would be a soft one for me due to the byes but I just couldn't pull it out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It was truly bizarro land this week.
    The league was on the verge of really tightening up with all teams between 2-5 and 5-2 until Brady's Bunch (with K on BYE!!!) pulled off another stunner and the Sproles caught the Newfs for the... TIE! What!

Standings after 7 weeks:
    1 Brady's Bunch (cannon) 6-1-0 807.02
    2 Tears of Joique (ross10019) 5-2-0 663.42
    3 Odell-Ay-He-Hoo (Pengwin7) 5-2-0 648.90
    4 Carnival oSproles (horrorfan) 4-2-1 663.04
    5 TD's N Beer! (Axeman33) 4-3-0 712.30

6 BadonkaGronk (rataylor22) 3-4-0 698.34
    7 Bettman Fumbles (IFaP) 3-4-0 626.04
    8 Powerplay QB (Loch......) 3-4-0 602.32
    9 Astapor Unsullied (dobers31) 3-4-0 601.16

10 Zorro's LongSnappers (zorro) 2-5-0 648.98
    11 The Frisky Hobbit (Comish) 2-5-0 502.58
    12 Fighting Newfies (newfcollins) 1-5-1 605.52

rataylor & Zorro have been getting the bad beats this year, much better than team record.
    Perhaps their luck evens out in 2nd half of year.
    7 weeks down, 6 to go in regular season!

The Wolverine

It will be interesting if I end up on the playoff bubble and the tie determines whether I get in or not. Hope it doesn't come down to that.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It will be interesting if I end up on the playoff bubble and the tie determines whether I get in or not. Hope it doesn't come down to that.
    True.
    The "tie" essentially eliminates your "points" from being a factor.
    You won't have a tie-break condition with anybody unless the Newfs go on a tear!!!

Dobber Sports Master

I still can't believe that I only needed Fitzgerald to to be within 4 pts of his teammate Brown to win and he couldn't even do that... that loss stung.

Oh, and Foster putting up 25pts and then going out for the season... yeah, stupid fantasy football.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm not sure if this has happened in our league before but Newf and I tied our matchup this week with 81.30 points. Clearly neither of us deserved a win so I guess it's a fair result.
    I am eagerly anticipating there will be a small stat change this week that will change the tie. It was pretty close. After the first half, it looked like you were going to run away with it. You were up with less than two minutes and Baltimore with the ball. I think Palmer's one kneeldown at the end of the game (which was a minus-one rushing yard) cost you the lead and gave us the tie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    True.
    The "tie" essentially eliminates your "points" from being a factor.
    You won't have a tie-break condition with anybody unless the Newfs go on a tear!!!
    It's still early!

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I am eagerly anticipating there will be a small stat change this week that will change the tie. It was pretty close. After the first half, it looked like you were going to run away with it. You were up with less than two minutes and Baltimore with the ball. I think Palmer's one kneeldown at the end of the game (which was a minus-one rushing yard) cost you the lead and gave us the tie.
    Living over here (un)fortunately prevents me from experiencing the tension of such a game, so I had no idea how it went. Yeah a kneeldown would hurt if that cost me the win, but there could've been plenty of other possibilities that could've made a difference for both of us. As for a stat change, if that happens it will be painful for one of us!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I gave Russ a victory this week. I knew this week would be a soft one for me due to the byes but I just couldn't pull it out.
    Are you not entertained!? Right down to the last play on MNF, back and forth all weekend. I've never seen that predictor indicator go from like 80-20% to 20-80 and back again! If it's any consolation, I've been on the losing end of these heartbreakers enough times to sympathize!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

First Big Trade of the Season:

The Flailing Odells asked for, and receive: Danny Woodhead (SD) & Jordan Matthews (PHI)
    The Astapor Unsullied were gifted, and receive: Demaryius Targaryen (DEN)

Said Odells owner Pengwin7: The RB issue has gotten worse & worse... our 3rd & 4th round RBs Alfie Morris and Joe Fumbrandle did not cut it for us. We mistakenly cut Dewowza Freeman... uh... free... early in the season and have been paying for it ever since. Our team owner, Lady Pengwin, liked the idea of adding a boy named Danny & Jordan... something about New Kids on The Block crush, we don't know.... but she also thought that Wood & head must be a great name. She said she wouldn't pass up an opportunity for Woodhead and told us to offer the Dragon Queen if that's what it took to obtain Danny & Jordan. We do what she asks.

Said Astapor owner Dobers31: Uh, yes, I like the Dragon Queen. We welcome her to Astapor.