Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Darcy Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Darcy Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Nah hes just plain bad
    LOL! True, but I find he gives up those bad goals at the worst possible times as well. Frustrating as hell to watch.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

The "letting a bad goal in at the worst moments" theme is bandied about regarding every goalie on bad teams. The point is there is almost zero margin for error for the goalie on a bad team and even the best goalies cannot make up for a bad team.

Those EDM teams were poor to inconsistent on offense:

2011 Oilers scored less than the league average, around 2.5 goals/game
    2012 Oilers scored less than the league average, around 2.6 goals/game (strike year)
    2013 Oilers scored significantly less than league average, around 2.4 goals/game

To no one's surprise, Dubnyk's best SV% and GAA season was 2012 when the Oilers scored more goals and his worst SV% and GAA season was when the Oilers scored the least.

Those Oiler teams were also horrible defensively so I'm sure Dubnyk was under pressure constantly and facing shots from high success areas routinely.

This is not to absolve Dubnyk of any responsibility; he is far from a perfect goalie, but team context/performance is important especially for goalies. It is also not a surprise than Dubnyk has flourished in MN which has a very good defense and scored above the league average at over 2.8 goals/game
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Far enough, I guess i can insert foot into mouth and believe that Dubnyk will be the starter in Minnesota barring something disastrous... maybe it was just a GM's fleeting hope on Forrest kuemp that he would regain the #1 spot
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    The "letting a bad goal in at the worst moments" theme is bandied about regarding every goalie on bad teams. The point is there is almost zero margin for error for the goalie on a bad team and even the best goalies cannot make up for a bad team.
    No amount of stats will make me forget Dubnyk letting in a Jacob Trouba wrist shot from the blueline, game 1 of his last season in Edm in a 3-3 game late in the 3rd. That goal has nothing to do with shots for or against or fatigue or team defense, just a goalie who stopped paying attention for a moment.

I disagree pretty strongly with the statement even the best goalie cannot make up for a bad team. Seen plenty of goalies steal a game for a team that got badly outplayed. Didnt see it in Dubnyks time in Edm, saw him losing us a lot of games with bad goals.
    Anyways. I'm just determined to have the last line, everyones fallen in love with Dubnyk, its like my ex-gf is a famous actress now, but only I and her other ex's(oiler fans) know what a b**ch she is.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    no amount of stats will make me forget dubnyk letting in a jacob trouba wrist shot from the blueline, game 1 of his last season in edm in a 3-3 game late in the 3rd. That goal has nothing to do with shots for or against or fatigue or team defense, just a goalie who stopped paying attention for a moment.

I disagree pretty strongly with the statement even the best goalie cannot make up for a bad team. Seen plenty of goalies steal a game for a team that got badly outplayed. Didnt see it in dubnyks time in edm, saw him losing us a lot of games with bad goals.
    Anyways. I'm just determined to have the last line, everyones fallen in love with dubnyk, its like my ex-gf is a famous actress now, but only i and her other ex's(oiler fans) know what a b**ch she is.
    lol... Rep
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Pro

I also think Dubnyks big $ contract will allow up many, many opportunities to retain the #1 gig over Kuemper in Minny.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg