Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Darcy Kuemper

Administrator

Default Re: Darcy Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    He might not have many choices.
    He doesn't really have a choice. He's 25 now so he'll be UFA-age soon but if he leaves he won't have a #1 job handed to him like Martin Jones. Unless he can land in a spot with an unsettled long-term #1 situation he might as well stay with the team that drafted him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think Kuemper is a good goalie, but the Wild clearly don't see him as a starter.. If you want a backup or have room for a backup on your roster, then he's your guy..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he'll be moved in 2-3 seasons once he prices himself out as a back-up and will became an average to slightly above average goalie. Depending on where he goes, but it won't be Minni. I wouldn't draft him in one year leagues, but in keepers he is worth it, if you can hold on to him somehow
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Forrest Kuemp
    Lol, really? That can't be a name he goes by... can it?

I think Kuemper has 15-20 starts max. I think he will be better than last year's overall numbers but not as hot as when he began the 2014-15 campaign.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

I like his longterm upside. Still hope there.
    This year not gonna get much action but I think he gets more then the 15-20 starts people are predicting. Dubnyk started an absurd amount of games in a row last year, then there was talk of him possibly being fatigued come playoffs. Im not saying thats true but he looked done by the time Chicago rolled into town and swept them.
    I think with a quality goalie like Kuemper on the bench, Minny will use him and give Dubnyk some rest through the year. 20-30 starts depending on his play.

ps. as an oilers fan, theres still part of me waiting to see Dubnyk implode. Not permanently implode I always believed in Dubnyks skill-set, but mentally he made so many mistakes in Edm...are those completely out of his system now with quality coaching and confidence? I dont know. maybe not
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I like his longterm upside. Still hope there.
    This year not gonna get much action but I think he gets more then the 15-20 starts people are predicting. Dubnyk started an absurd amount of games in a row last year, then there was talk of him possibly being fatigued come playoffs. Im not saying thats true but he looked done by the time Chicago rolled into town and swept them.
    I think with a quality goalie like Kuemper on the bench, Minny will use him and give Dubnyk some rest through the year. 20-30 starts depending on his play.

ps. as an oilers fan, theres still part of me waiting to see Dubnyk implode. Not permanently implode I always believed in Dubnyks skill-set, but mentally he made so many mistakes in Edm...are those completely out of his system now with quality coaching and confidence? I dont know. maybe not

I live in edmonton and i have followed Dubys transition from edmonton to nashville to montreal and then to Minny.... he was shitty everywhere but Minnesota
    can we really believe in him after one good half season?
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 0PucksGiven View Post
    I live in edmonton and i have followed Dubys transition from edmonton to nashville to montreal and then to Minny.... he was shitty everywhere but Minnesota
    I am going to completely disagree with this statement. Dubnyk was very good in Edmonton for all but his last year which started a month after his first child was born. Check out the graphs in the following article.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/wild...first-thoughts

For those of you who don't want to read, they say that, by one measure, Dubnyk has been a better goalie than Jon Quick in 3 of the past 5 years and the 2014/15 season was not one of those 3.

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with chuckcouples in regards to Dubnyks time in Edmonton. There's no doubting his last year there was bad but he wasn't the issue in years prior to that. His numbers were actually pretty good all things considered with the team in front of him. I don't have to live in Edmonton to know that. All you have to do is watch the games to see he wasn't the issue for the majority of time in Edmonton.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think he also played decent in Phoenix before he was dealt.. Does Edmonton really count?? Who was there best d-man when he was there?? Cory Potter?? Ladislav Smid??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dubnyk was not bad in Edm other than that year under Eakins. He had .916, .915 and 0.921 SV% in his 3 years in Edm before Eakins. That is hardly shitty. If you don't trust Dubnyk based on one bad year then you're missing out on what is looking to be a top 10 fantasy goalie. Dubnyk has a career SV% of .914 playing mostly for bad defensive teams. On Minny, that number should be higher.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am going to completely disagree with this statement. Dubnyk was very good in Edmonton for all but his last year which started a month after his first child was born. Check out the graphs in the following article.

For those of you who don't want to read, they say that, by one measure, Dubnyk has been a better goalie than Jon Quick in 3 of the past 5 years and the 2014/15 season was not one of those 3.
    If we want to talk about kids, Quick's wife was pregnant with their son Carter for the entirety of the 2012-2013 season (also the lockout year) where he posted a 2.45 GAA and .902 sv%. After Carter was born in April, Quick rattled off a 2.25 GAA that month alongside a .917sv%. He then posted a 1.86 GAA and .937sv% in 18 playoff games.

As for the past 5 season (14/15 removed, as you said), Quick has played 288 games to Dubnyk's 173. I could go on, but you've really safeguarded yourself with the "By one measure" part.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i owned forrest kuemp for some time before dropping him. He was ok, but would let in a few softys consistently... i seem to recall management calling him an AHL goalie playing in the NHL right before they went and got doobie... stay away from kuemper imo... hes not about to win you your pool.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

I dont need the graphs, watched every Oilers game for years. Dubnyks problem was never stats, or having quality starts. His problem was letting in the weakest goal at the worst possible moment. So far that seems out of his game in Minny. Will it stay that way? I dont know, I think thats the point we were making. Hes always had talent, hasn't always had the focus.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I dont need the graphs, watched every Oilers game for years. Dubnyks problem was never stats, or having quality starts. His problem was letting in the weakest goal at the worst possible moment. So far that seems out of his game in Minny. Will it stay that way? I dont know, I think thats the point we were making. Hes always had talent, hasn't always had the focus.
    Sounds like Scrivens.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sounds like Scrivens.
    Nah hes just plain bad