Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Darcy Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Darcy Kuemper

sooo.. what happens to this guy? does he play backup next year? should i send him off into the FA abyss in my fantrax league
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Administrator

Default Re: Darcy Kuemper

I don't see Kuemper in any of the leagues in your sig so it's hard to tell. Who are your other goalies and what are the alternatives in the free agent list.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he may get a shot if Dubnyk falters....keep in mind Dubnyk only was their #1 for a few months...yes he was red hot but was short term and Kuemper could steal the job quickly.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't see Kuemper in any of the leagues in your sig so it's hard to tell. Who are your other goalies and what are the alternatives in the free agent list.
    sorry, i didnt post my fantrax league because it hosts a very big roster.

Goalies are worth a bit more in our league than in others.

just looking for what people think about him i guess.. thanks E.D
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    I think he may get a shot if Dubnyk falters....keep in mind Dubnyk only was their #1 for a few months...yes he was red hot but was short term and Kuemper could steal the job quickly.
    The "if Dubnyk falters" is a big one because I believe he will have to completely revert to his Oilers-era ability for an extended period of time before the Wild give Kuemper more than a couple starts in a row, if he gets that. Dubnyk is the man in Minny, and his big contract says so!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Administrator

It would take a very extreme situation for the tables to turn again in Minnesota. You have to consider Kuemper a backup.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Forrest Kuemp is the backup no doubt. Backstrom just can't play at an NHL level anymore for a variety of reasons. I cannot foresee Kuemper stealing the job from Dubnyk but I guess the last few years have taught us not to rule anything out goalie-wise.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

backup but he i doubt he plays more than 2 in a row unless duby gets hurt
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Icon

Minnesota still likes Kuemper and think he can become a very good goalie in the NHL. He will be Minnesota's back up for the upcoming season and will likely play about 20 games assuming no long term injuries to him or Dubnyk. I expect him to be one of the better back up goalies in term of GAA and SV% for the upcoming season whether or not that has any value depends solely on your league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I still like him but he's definetly the backup. As said above you never can rule out anything when it comes to goaltending and I would want to handcuff if I was a dubynk owner.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kuemper still has talent, and should make a solid backup. Does he have starter ability? I think so but last year kinda says otherwise.

Dubi is the guy in Minny, no doubting that. It would take a disaster mixed with some great play from Kuemper to get him back in the picture, but its possible. Kuemper has been great in junior, ECHL, AHL.... the NHL is his last hurdle.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

He's the backup and will give Doobie a rest from time to time but the opportunity to start in Minnesota went down the drain once Doobie signed his long term deal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    lol... you WOULD say that eh GoNucks? Trying to freak me out in our WHL league for Drafting him in the 2nd? LOL

I'm banking on Dubnyk being one of the hardest worked tenders in the league next year. 60+ for him. I can see Keumper getting 12 to 15... but health issues aside, seems clear to me what the Wild are intent on doing.

Dobber Sports Genius

NHL body, great numbers at all levels (Jr, ECHL, AHL). Clearly a backup at this time, and certainly worth a roster spot in some fantasy formats (large roster). A Dubnyk regression is clearly something to contemplate, and there is no other sizeable horse in the stable at this time.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Worth holding onto especially if you have Dubnyk, just in case. I've got both him and Dubnyk and am for sure keeping him, at least for as long as his cap hit is cheap. If he doesn't get much playing time next season, I wonder if he'll be OK with re-signing with the Wild just to be the backup for a few more years. He might not have many choices.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.