Thread: janis sprukts comes back to Florida

Dobber Sports Pro

Default janis sprukts comes back to Florida

Don;t know if one-way or two-way, but it\'s for two years. I reckon he\'ll compete with Greg Campbell for the spot just vacated by the suspension of Chad kilger on the 4th line. But if he plays well he could take over Kamil Kreps for the 3rd line.
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

I...am your father.

Offensive talent. He could surprise as a winger. With no more Olli, I wonder if his buddy Peltonen can hang onto his roster spot. If not...then enter Sprukts.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

They are unexpectedly crammed on wing now. Stillman, Horton and Olesz are all but guaranteed top-6 spots, and the emergence Brett McLean and David Booth last year, plus a healthy Zednik, pretty much push Peltonen and Dvorak into the 4th line. Then you\'ve got Frolik vying for a top-6 spot but with Matthias having the edge in experience to beat him for the C2, Belak around as the 13th player getting every second start or so. For the Kilger job, there\'s only Greg Campbell to beat.

Peltonen, Dvorak and Zednik, however, are UFAs next summer and I believe they won\'t be back. I\'d be surprised if they don\'t move them at the deadline or in the case of Peltonen and Dvorak even before, maybe even in the summer or via waivers.

What this suggests is that Frolik will start the year in the A and Sprukts will be penciled in to either replace Kilger on the 4th line or start in the A as well. Sprikts competition is Campbell, but they may both earn spots if they outplay Peltonen or Dvorak. If they move/waive/demote Peltonen or Dvorak before the season starts that should cement Sprukts squad spot. If he can be converted into RW, he\'ll get top-9 minutes if there are injuries at RW; Frolik would be the first injury call-up at LW, and either could look at top-9 minutes if there are injuries at C (Frolik more talented, Sprukts more natural). Both should be on the team full time from the trade deadline onwards if not before.
    Long term, the emergence of Frolik would push one of Booth or McLean to the 4th line; Sprukts could get a permanent top-9 spot , if converted to wing, as Zednik\'s replacement on the 3rd line, or as the C3 if he outplays Kreps. And that\'s all assuming they make no forward signings next year, which I think is actually realistic as they will have to rebuild their D next summer (or leading to next summer) - Bouwmeester will be gone, Boynton, Skrastins and Cory Murphy will be UFAs, Ballard and Welch RFAs, and no one ready in the system unless Ellerby, Garrison or Caruso emerge this year as NHL ready and in the case of the latter two NHL-able - which won\'t leave them much money for F.

So even at wing, Sprukts\' doesn\'t have a roster spot waiting outside the 4th line, but he could earn one for later this season and into next season.

I...am your father.

McLean is a natural center, and I wonder if Zednik will be the same.
    Keep an open mind, you never know...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Oh, I grabbed Sprukts in the one league i\'m in where he was available, I am just tempering my expectations for this season. I\'d be happy if all he does this season is cement a spot on the roster. It\'s 09-10 where i\'d be hoping for some production.

I\'m with you on Zednik. It was literally a brush with death. I think he will be extremely tentative on the ice in anything but the PP.