Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could Byfuglien, Yandle or Seabrook be traded to Boston?

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Could Byfuglien, Yandle or Seabrook be traded to Boston?

As a Buff owner, not sure how I feel about him being traded to any team who could move him back to forward. In my league, Buff on D is gold... Buff up front is meh.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    As a Buff owner, not sure how I feel about him being traded to any team who could move him back to forward. In my league, Buff on D is gold... Buff up front is meh.
    Yup, prefer him on D too.....55-60 points on D is gold....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Pro

I cannot see Boston trading for any of those three....they just moved out Lucic & Hamilton for cap issues so they wont be adding huge salary.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Boston is gong for the playoffs. They are still rolling with Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Eriksson, Pastrnak, Spooner, and Connolly. They still have Rask in net. Adding a key D piece puts them back into striking distance, if they aren't there already.

GoNucks has a point with the salary thing though...
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

2 sides make a trade happen.

Even if, Boston wants to make it happen, which I don't believe they do, based on what they have done this off-season (shipping out Lucic, Hamilton), I am curious to hear what makes anyone think that Cheveldayoff, Sather or Bowman for that matter, would be interested in making such a trade happen?
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    2 sides make a trade happen.

Even if, Boston wants to make it happen, which I don't believe they do, based on what they have done this off-season (shipping out Lucic, Hamilton), I am curious to hear what makes anyone think that Cheveldayoff, Sather or Bowman for that matter, would be interested in making such a trade happen?
    Chevy has to trade Buff. Because he's not going to pay him 7.5+ on a long term deal next offseason, and Winnipeg can't afford to lose him for nothing

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Chevy has to trade Buff. Because he's not going to pay him 7.5+ on a long term deal next offseason, and Winnipeg can't afford to lose him for nothing
    I agree with this pretty much. Unless the Jets are going to overpay for Buff, they need to trade him, and ideally sooner than later. Byfuglien is a key part of the Jets leadership group right now, on and off the ice. The best option might be to trade him before the season starts so the team can adjust and move on without him and with whatever asset(s) they get in return. Work through the kinks in training camp.

If they trade Buff at the deadline, they will be removing an integral part of their core and PP unit. I can't see this as an option if the Jets are battling for a playoff spot. At that point, the only option left is to trade his UFA rights in the summer for a 3rd round pick (or 2nd if lucky). So, if they're gonna trade him, they should do it now while they can get a lot more than a 3rd rounder for him. A deal with Boston, for example, could bring back a return of Eriksson, a D prospect and a pick.

I think Chevy knows he's at a crossroads with Buff and realizes the best time to trade him is now. The only other option IMO is to work out a 4-year deal with him, but the numbers will be sky high (and I don't see the Jets doing that).
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I think most, if not all teams see that Buff's greatest value is on the back end.

I really don't know how this is going to play out. Chevy seemingly has no real option but to move Byfuglien, as Ladd will almost certainly re-sign, and guys like Scheifele and Trouba will eventually need to be signed, too. As you mentioned, Buff's a part of the core leadership group, so it's hard to move a guy like that, with a young team finally coming together as a unified group.

From what we've seen so far, Chevy doesn't move quickly, unless he's truly forced to make a move, so it wouldn't surprise me if Buff starts the season as a Jet, even if everyone else thinks that that's not the best idea.