Thread: My Younger Cheaper Players for his Tyler Johnson?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default My Younger Cheaper Players for his Tyler Johnson?

Dynasty league g/a/pts/hits/ppg/shg/+- (with hits being counted minimally) using actual salary per year vice cap hit. Plays 4c/8w/6d/4g

the offer on the table is

Barkov W/C
    Galchenyuk W/C
    Sam Bennett W/C

for

Tyler Johnson C

Now I have the three youngsters and I can likely make an ok run this season without Johnson, but I am unlikely to win it all with or without him. I think I win the deal this year but in the future I could lose a lot. I am pretty deep everywhere except goal and my centers are my next weakest having stepan, spezza, monahan and ryan strome at C (strome I can move to wing)

Pros and cons? What does my guys do this year?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: My Younger Cheaper Players for his Tyler Johnson?

I see it as you giving up a lot of potential for one player. I would see if he could toss a prospect back your way to even it out a bit. If not, I would stay away from it if you are unlikely to win it with him.

Johnson does have a nice cap hit for two more years for his production.

My biggest concern is Bennett. If you could get a deal done without including him or get another prospect included coming your way then it would be easier for me to make the deal.

Dobber Sports Genius

Perhaps set up a team in your signature so we can see your whole team. Every player at every position etc etc.

Does seem like a lot to give up for one player. And you are losing a lot of winger eligibility here for a C...albeit replace one of them with Strome. Those three players do get a lot of love on these boards and are touted as having excellent careers...both Bark and Gally are poised to break out sooner than later.

I'm on the fence on this one. Johnson to C and move Strome to wing is not a bad idea.

As mentioned, I might ask him to sweeten the pot with another player or pick coming back so you can continue to address your C and G positions.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Too steep for me. All three of your prospects are sure fire NHL'ers with upside, I'd stand pat.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    Too steep for me. All three of your prospects are sure fire NHL'ers with upside, I'd stand pat.
    I agree.

Banned

I bet one of these guys passes TJ in a year or two anyway.

Dobber Sports Ace

Same, the 3 of them will out produce johnson this year. Even if they only get 30pts each. Johnson not getting 90pts.
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Master

I think its too much to pay if you can keep all players. Johnson will most likely outscore everyone this year. If you are unlikely to win it all, I dont think I would do this deal. This is the kind of deal that gets done at the trade deadline by a team that needs a push to get it over the line.

Dobber Sports Deity

Exactly. Way too much. I could see two being somewhat reasonable but all three is madness.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's a lot to give up. I would definitely want another strong prospect coming back.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Noddes55 View Post
    Same, the 3 of them will out produce johnson this year. Even if they only get 30pts each. Johnson not getting 90pts.
    Thats a REALLY dumb way to look at it, of course 3 players will out point 1 player... but those 3 players are taking up 3 roster spots to do so.

With that said, I wouldn't trade any one of those 3 guys in a 1-for-1 trade for TJ.
    TJ is mad overrated IMO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks very much for the responses!!
    I asked him to throw in Panarin (his only real prospect other than Hanafin) and he scoffed at the idea, looking like I will stand pat.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked him to throw in Panarin (his only real prospect other than Hanafin) and he scoffed at the idea, looking like I will stand pat.

Dobber Sports Ace

In a real salary cap dynasty this is interesting. I'd say P7 is needed here for a breakdown. This is your typical question of TJ +_____+_____ vs Bennett barkov galch. We need to know the implications of the salary cap to your team, who the 2 fillers will be, along with what you feel your chances of competing are. With galch signing his bridge, and the elc factor of the other 2 , as much as I think TJ is for real, I'd say no way. Galch + barkov maybe, but that may even be too much this upcoming season if both hit 50 points which is reasonable imo.
    I think you'd be selling way too low but hearing a breakdown from P7 I think may be the best advice here

- - - Updated - - -

In a real salary cap dynasty this is interesting. I'd say P7 is needed here for a breakdown. This is your typical question of TJ +_____+_____ vs Bennett barkov galch. We need to know the implications of the salary cap to your team, who the 2 fillers will be, along with what you feel your chances of competing are. With galch signing his bridge, and the elc factor of the other 2 , as much as I think TJ is for real, I'd say no way. Galch + barkov maybe, but that may even be too much this upcoming season if both hit 50 points which is reasonable imo.
    I think you'd be selling way too low but hearing a breakdown from P7 I think may be the best advice here

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by slow triathlete View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If he's scoffing at that, then I'd recommend walking away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slow triathlete View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If he's scoffing at that, then I'd recommend walking away.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I would reject that offer.....those 3 players are all blue chip NHLers and some already have made it to the big dance. I don't like that deal at all for you, I do typically like consolidating for the better player but 1-2 of those 3 could out produce TyJo in the coming years....hold for now.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg