Thread: CAPWISE - The Best Association of Fantasy GMs is Expanding with a New League

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default CAPWISE - The Best Association of Fantasy GMs is Expanding with a New League

Greetings!

I have been involved with fantasy hockey for over 15 years now. I've done them all: head-to-head, dynasty, rotisserie, etc. Capwise Hockey (www.capwisehockey.com). has been, BY FAR, the best experience I've ever had. All of the GMs are very involved, respectful, and most of all, love hockey!

There are Excel spreadsheets that are updated by the commissioner several times during the season. If you click on "Easy-Acces Data" on the Home screen, there is a sample spreadsheet you can download. There is a private forum for the association as well as separate ones for each league with trade blocks, trade reporting, player movement, and other discussions. There is also a rule book. It may look like a lot, but once you get down the basics, it's incredibly fun!

Good news: the association is expanding! We are opening up a new league known as The International Fantasy Hockey League (IFHL). It's a dynasty league and we are looking for 14 team/GMs.

The league begins with an initial prospect draft. The commissioner and I will come up with a list of players for each team who are JV-eligible - 92 NHL games or less, but not ELITE players (McDavid, Eichel, etc). GMs then draft NHL teams' farm systems in a snaking draft (order determined by lottery). Once a GM has his or her 2 teams, he has a couple days to choose 10 total players from the two lists. This is the beginning of their JV roster.

Next comes the Amateur Draft. Any players not selected in the Prospect Draft are added to the JV-eligible players who weren't available in that draft (like McDavid), and a traditional 8-Round amateur draft is held.

Lastly, there is an inaugural draft. This is the draft that fills your varsity roster. These players are the ones who compete week-to-week for your team.

As you go from season-to-season, players lose JV-eligibility and you have decisions to make - trade players, drop players, etc. The league is designed to increase play turnover. There is an RFA bidding process as well, but I won't get too into that right now.

The league costs $55, but there are payouts. To me, the league itself is worth that much.
    If you have ANY interest, please send me a message. If you're big fantasy hockey fan, I can guarantee you'll love this league.
    Last edited by Zettersyukstrom; July 24, 2015 at 2:46 PM. Reason: Typo

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: CAPWISE - The Best Association of Fantasy GMs is Expanding with a New League

For what it's worth, I joined my first Capwise league last year. Took over a team in a second league this summer and now hoping to get my hands on a third franchise in this new league.

Great leagues, great setup, great GMs and absolutely awesome commish.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: CAPWISE - The Best Association of Fantasy GMs is Expanding with a New League

As I mention semi-regularily in my prospect ramblings, Capwise's ECFL is the best league I've ever been in, beyond even the Dobber Expert League. Most fun, most challenging, most in depth. Great set of rules, active GM's, amazing commish. An excellent mix of roster turnover and long term planning.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sounds excellent! Sent you a PM.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm interested. What do I have to do to get in?

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm very interested in getting into a Capwise league. How do I go about it?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Shawniemac23, we've already got you set up. Glad to have you join!

THERE IS ONE REMAINING SLOT OPEN. Let me know if you're interested.

Dobber Sports Newbie

THE LEAGUE IS NOW FULL!

We may be expanding again in the near future. So, if you'd like to be put on the waiting list, we can absolutely do that!