Thread: Cody Franson about to sign.......also looks like EDM is taking offers on McDavid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Cody Franson about to sign.......also looks like EDM is taking offers on McDavid

I do not do social media. I joined twitter last year to keep up with trades before other managers and get up to date goalie changes, etc. I follow a few people from this web sites list of talent and a few others that pop up as people I should follow.

Holy cow there is one twitter handle that has posted about Cody Franson news about 6-7 times a day. I think they are now posting as often as a Kardashiana wore some new outfit.Also, It seems now that Drouin and every other first rounder from the last two drafts are up for trade and every team is taking offers......

It sounds like we are bored and crazy from the heat.

70+ days until we are back to our normal state of mind.

Steve
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Cody Franson about to sign.......also looks like EDM is taking offers on McDavid

Where do they say franson is going to sign? Would love to hear already!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Cody Franson about to sign.......also looks like EDM is taking offers on McDavid

@hockeypress pretty much tweets any whiff of a rumor. Eklundish? They posted in an authorless blog that Toronto had offered Franson a 2 year deal and now he is holding out for Boston to work some cap magic. Franson is going to have to take a 1 year deal with Boston for a lot less than he originally thought he was worth.

http://thehockeypress.sportsblog.com...ey-review.html
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Stud

Is it April fools regarding McDavid ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Giant

No chance Edmonton is even remotely thinking of moving McDavid. As a pure marketing move, that would kill them!

*phone rings
    - Edmonton: "Edmonton Oilers front office, how may I help you?"
    - Anyone naïve enough to think there's a chance to land McJesus:
    "Yes hello, we would be interested in talking about a trade involving Conn..."
    * phone on Edmonton side clicks off
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    No chance Edmonton is even remotely thinking of moving McDavid. As a pure marketing move, that would kill them!

*phone rings
    - Edmonton: "Edmonton Oilers front office, how may I help you?"
    - Anyone naïve enough to think there's a chance to land McJesus:
    "Yes hello, we would be interested in talking about a trade involving Conn..."
    * phone on Edmonton side clicks off
    they traded an even better player than McDavid and the fans still drank the koolaid for the last 25 years

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    they traded an even better player than McDavid and the fans still drank the koolaid for the last 25 years
    No one is untradeable. Gretzky and Clarksons contract have shown that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

clickbait anyone?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    clickbait anyone?
    OP complains about annoying posts...

and then creates a post using a clickbait title

lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Pronger too.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Did I just read those 2 names in the same sentence? Shame on u.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is an idiotic statement. The Gretzky trade was nothing more than a desperate owner needing cash ($15M was a major part of the reason...Pocklington had tons of debt and needed a cash infusion) forcing the GM to deal the franchise/face of the league/best player ever (ok, arguably...Orr fans!). What should the fans do, not show up and probably lose their team? You're a fine one to talk about drinking kool-aid, you just prefer a different flavour (Sensaberry).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

True, very true

But they are treating McDavid as the second coming and will most likely have a firmer grip on him than they should just because of that move 20-something years back.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

sorry if I made anybody upset, Im no troll. But dang these dudes blasted my twitter for about 5 days x 15 tweets a day that Franson was traded. I figured someone else would enjoy a good laugh with someone else who had the same thing happen.

steve
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly