Thread: [Rumor] Christian Ehrhoff & Blue Jackets "Talking"

Dobber Sports Monster

Default [Rumor] Christian Ehrhoff & Blue Jackets "Talking"

The Blue Jackets have had discussions with free agent Christian Ehrhoff, according to The Columbus Dispatch.
    However, the Blue Jackets will wait until his price comes down, which is very possible as he lingers on the market. Columbus has $3.7 million in cap space, according to generalfanager.com. Ehrhoff made $4 million last season with the Penguins, where he had 14 points in 49 games.
    Source: The Columbus Dispatch
    Jul 19 - 7:42 PM

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Rumor] Christian Ehrhoff & Blue Jackets "Talking"

I've never really paid much attention to Ehrhoff during his career and never really targeted him in any fantasy leagues.. Was he hurt last year?? What would expect out of him if he played in Columbus??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

Look for nothing more than #5/6 defenseman and about 25-30 points. He has some skill, will add some experience on the blue line.
    He missed large chunks of last season to injury.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Ehrhoff has easily the ability to play top-4 minutes. He scored 33 points on a horrible 2013-4 Buffalo team that scored a total of 157 goals all year and the leading scorer of Hodgson with 44 points. He had a pretty crappy season last year but I believe he never got the full opportunity and then got hurt. So I think if he is healthy, which of course a big if, he can put up 35-40pts on a talented Jacket's team.

Dobber Sports Stud

In the last 4 seasons Ehrhoff has played 241 out of a possible a possible 328. Thats about a 25% rate of missed games.

No doubt he has the ability to move the puck and and a result an NHL team will offer him a contract.

I think he has moved onto the mercenary part of his career which means he will only go where he thinks he can get a shot at a cup. In a perfect world he wants to sign with the hawks, ducks or penguins for peanuts. If he signs for a 1 year almost zero hit on the cap and its not with Pittsburgh that would be a huge tell as far as I am concerned. Pitt needs experience on the blueline, and he would be great insurance for the more than likely Letang injury. But if the Penguins do not retain him ? thats a black mark as far as I am concerned.

Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Another interesting choice would be to sign for a club that will trade him at the deadline. Say New Jersey although the Devils are knee deep in promising young blueliners.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Titan

Teams are not in a real need of him. Like someone said, he would be a 5-6 d-man, but could easily play the 4th spot. However a team that he would want to go to already has their top 4 penciled in. Either his price has to come down, or his list of destinations will have to increase
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

I actually think Jackets do need him. They have glaring holes on their D:

Johnson-Savard
    Murray-xxxxxxxx
    Tyutin-Goloubef
    Connauton, Prout

That blueline does not instill confidence in me if I am a Jackets fan. Ehrhoff perfectly slides into top-4.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    I actually think Jackets do need him. They have glaring holes on their D:

Johnson-Savard
    Murray-xxxxxxxx
    Tyutin-Goloubef
    Connauton, Prout

That blueline does not instill confidence in me if I am a Jackets fan. Ehrhoff perfectly slides into top-4.
    Not to mention, Murray hasn't exactly been a picture of health in his short NHL career. I also think the Jackets could use him. Whether they can afford him is another question, but they could use him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

https://mobile.twitter.com/THWMark/s...6144174085?p=v

Just spoke to Ehrhoff's agent Rick Curran. Curran confirmed #CBJ has in fact had discussions with Ehrhoff. There is also a mutual interest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Not to mention, Murray hasn't exactly been a picture of health in his short NHL career. I also think the Jackets could use him. Whether they can afford him is another question, but they could use him.
    That's the sticky part. They don't have that much room but it is probably doable.

Dobber Sports Titan

CBJ cap space is like 3.7mill. I guess a 3.5m contract would be done by them. I didn’t realize how much Bobrovsky actually makes (7.425m), then they have a lot of high dollar forwards too. Saad (6m), Duby (5.85m), Foligno (5.5m), Clarkson (5.25m), Hartnell (4.75m) and Johansen (4m).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Colorado would be a good fit - that blueline is shaky at best.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Remember just two years ago Ehrhoff got some legit Norris hype in Buffalo. Last year wasn't great with the Pens, but he was still their most dependable defenseman all year.

Ehrhoff isn't a #1, but you can do a lot worse for a #2.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Columbus could definitely use another dependable veteran dman and I'm sure Bob owners wouldn't mind this at all.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Pro

Erhoff still has the ability, he was battling concussions last year I believe.

In the right situation as a 2nd pair dman with PP1 time I could see him put up 40+ points.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg