Thread: Perron Projections?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Perron Projections?

Can we all agree that we can wipe out Perron's last season as just a bad year? A bad Oiler team didn't help and although he seemed to click right away with the Penguins he faded as the year went on. I'm in a salary cap league and his salary is generally cheap ...that is if he can repeat his 2013/14 season with the Oil. Any ideas if he'll return to that this year alongside either Crosby or Malkin for a full year?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Perron Projections?

Perron is a guy I've seen a pattern with.
    Start of a season, return from an injury, start with new team... he does well, quite well in those first 10-15 games or so.
    Like he's got this new-start-motivation.

But once the gets in his normal mode... he goes stagnant.
    I'm not a fan.
    10A in 43gp with PIT.
    Sorry - not good enough.

I think he'll have a hot flash to start 2015-2016... and then fizzle away to the 3rd line as Kunitz/Plotnikov/Dupuis... perhaps even Beau Bennett (dare I say it) jump up to those LW1/LW2 spots.

15g-25a-40p if 80gp.

Administrator

If you go with a top-six of Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Kunitz and Perron, that still leaves out Dupuis and Plotnikov who are candidates to see some time in the top-six. Dupuis has great chemistry with Crosby and Plotnikov should see some time next to Malkin. When that happens someone has to go down to the third line. Perron will probably be that guy sometimes. So, I'm thinking we'll see more inconsistent play from him. He could hit the high 50s again but I have trouble expecting that from him. I'd put him in the mid-40s to be safe.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

40 points is what I expect from Perron now, can't see him getting more than that even with Pittsburgh.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

Personally I'm not a buyer on Perron right now. Even he is on record saying he doesn't know if he'll be in the top-6 this season. I'd say Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Hornqvist are locks for the top 6. Rutherford has been singing the praises of Plotnikov, saying he's excited to watch Malkin mentor him and has called him a top-6 winger. That basically has me crossing off another wing spot, at least for October. Then I'd think it's down to Perron or Kunitz for the last spot, and given past chemistry, I'd feel safer with my money on Kunitz despite a lacklustre season.

I think the lines will shake out:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
    Plotnikov-Malkin-Kessel
    Perron-Sutter-Dupuis

I'd say 40 is a safe estimation, but I wouldn't bank on anything about 50.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Perron will get 50+ points. I liken him to the Neal example when he first came over. It all depends on PP usuage, but I mean he is better than both Dupuis and Kunitz so he'll get used before them.
    Top six:
    perron-crosby-horn
    plot/kunitz-malkin-kessel
    PP:
    Kessel-Crosby-Horn-Malkin-Letang. - So he should get more EV points
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you all for your input. I'll go with a conservative projection at 40 with a possibility of 50. I forgot to mention that my league also counts hits of which he is an above average producer. Throw in pims and shots, then his 40-50 points won't look as bad.

Dobber Sports Pro

I only see 35-45 points. Not going to be top PP and not going to get a lot of mins with that group of fwds.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm a Perron owner, and I'm optimistic he'll be a Top 12 forward for me - after Benn, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Toews, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, MacKinnon, Thornton, Krejci, Kessel, & Hossa.

So - not a starter, but my first Bench forward.

That said, I picked up Plotnikov, because those are my OPTIMISTIC projections - he could easily slide behind Plotnikov or even Burakovsky.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!