Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: WHL (World Hockey League) - League Settings *Discussion* Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    Quick look at Team Cap Situations (based on 2014-2015 cap hits):

$99.9m Fall River's Finest (MCMackerel)
    $98.2m Halifax Krakens (GretzkysMullet)
    $91.2m Markham Waxers (praba)
    $88.9m Windsor Spitfires (Pengwin7)
    $84.1m Highland Scotch Hounds (seadawg)
    $82.0m Fort Frances Muskies (Burgundy)
    $80.4m Montreal Canadiens (newfcollins)
    $78.4m CSKA Moscow (rainydrinkwater)
    $73.8m Edmonton Road Runners (Lemmy)
    $70.4m Amsterdam Red Lights (rataylor22)
    $69.8m Grand Rapids Griffins (brakli)
    $69.8m Cleveland Barons (gopack26)
    $67.0m Saanichton Cougars (InForAPenny)
    $65.9m Oshawa Generals (Bobby4Ever)
    $63.0m Vancouver Voodoo (GoNucks)
    $62.7m Victoria Dead Hookers (Loch)
    $62.4m Guelph Storm (havanablast21)
    $60.9m Flint Firebirds (Pit Bulls)
    $58.8m District-5 Ducks (evans334)
    $56.7m Wheeling Nailers (Brosive)
    $49.6m Hartford Whalers (Savvy1982)
    $48.8m Braham Pietasters (glorybe23)
    $41.7m Manitoba Moose (GinFizz)
    $35.0m London Nationals (VintageVibe)

Thought it would be interesting to compare how the projected standings stand up against Penguin's salary post shortly after we completed the draft.
    I'd be really, really, really, really, really, really happy to finish 18th this year lol
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Veteran

14th overall, that seems about right to me.

I see myself as a middle of the pack team, and if things go extremely well I can fight for a playoff spot!

- - - Updated - - -

Did we ever make a decision on making the league public?

Just so my signature pops-up my roster.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

I know there was some discussions earlier about limiting the amount of minor league callups to the main roster to prevent streaming and unfortunately Fantrax doesnt have a minor league move limitation in place.We agreed to the honesty rule instead, play fair type thing which is great in theory but I stumbled across another feature that could really help ease ones mind to some degree:

Under Fees: Move Player from Minors.

2 ideas:

1) set this option to $1 so it keeps track of player movement from minors, and then manually add this to the waiver wire moves at the end of each month and reset dollar amount to 0.
    2) League sets a maximum number of minor league moves for the season, and if they go over this, charge the manager per transaction if they go over. Money added to entry fee next year, or pay before playoffs etc.

Of course this is just a suggestion to fool proof a gray area in the league which could be abused.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Interesting idea.

I've never used the fees before so I'd be curious to see this in action.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's an interesting idea.
    I think we'll have no problem policing each other though.

Within our own match-ups, teams will know there's a max of 2 moves per week.
    And when it gets down to end of regular season, I can guaranteed the top teams will be checking in on other top teams to make sure they only make 2 moves max per week.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There is likely something about it in the prior pages, but could someone refresh my memory on how our prospects have to be called up and if they have to stay up after being called up? Thanks!
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by gopack26 View Post
    There is likely something about it in the prior pages, but could someone refresh my memory on how our prospects have to be called up and if they have to stay up after being called up? Thanks!
    You can bring up a prospect from MINORS to PRO anytime you like, as long as you have a weekly ADD to do it.
    You can send an eligible prospect down from PRO to MINORS anytime you like, as long as you have an open roster spot (Minors = 10 spots) to do it.

When a player is brought UP to your PRO (25 player) roster, that counts as ONE of your TWO ADDS to your PRO team for any H2H week.
    Sending him back down to your MINORS does not count as a move, but you'd have to replace him on your PRO and the player your replace him with counts as an ADD.

As an example:
    Up: Brandon Manning, Down: Joni Ortio. Bringing Manning up counts as Add#1 for the week.
    Up: Joni Ortio, Down: Brandon Manning. Bringing Ortio up counts as Add#2 if in same week.
    [*This rule is in effect to keep people from streaming in rookies just for extra games. Teams should police each other during any H2H week, since Fantrax can't numerically track this.]

As long as a prospect meets ALL of the following, he can be placed in your Prospects/Minors Team:
    1. Age 25 or younger.
    2. Less than 100gp (skater) or less than 40gp (goalie).
    3. Must have a valid NHL contract -or- must have been drafted in any of past five (5) NHL drafts.

In summary:
    Yes, you can move prospects up/down as you please as long as they qualify.
    Bringing UP a prospect does count as ONE ADD to your PRO team (and you only get TWO per week).

Dobber Sports Master

does your stat server tabulate the minors call ups as an add towards the 2 max total or is someone doing this manually

nevermind , looks like your doing this manually

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    You can bring up a prospect from MINORS to PRO anytime you like, as long as you have a weekly ADD to do it.
    You can send an eligible prospect down from PRO to MINORS anytime you like, as long as you have an open roster spot (Minors = 10 spots) to do it.

When a player is brought UP to your PRO (25 player) roster, that counts as ONE of your TWO ADDS to your PRO team for any H2H week.
    Sending him back down to your MINORS does not count as a move, but you'd have to replace him on your PRO and the player your replace him with counts as an ADD.

As an example:
    Up: Brandon Manning, Down: Joni Ortio. Bringing Manning up counts as Add#1 for the week.
    Up: Joni Ortio, Down: Brandon Manning. Bringing Ortio up counts as Add#2 if in same week.
    [*This rule is in effect to keep people from streaming in rookies just for extra games. Teams should police each other during any H2H week, since Fantrax can't numerically track this.]

As long as a prospect meets ALL of the following, he can be placed in your Prospects/Minors Team:
    1. Age 25 or younger.
    2. Less than 100gp (skater) or less than 40gp (goalie).
    3. Must have a valid NHL contract -or- must have been drafted in any of past five (5) NHL drafts.

In summary:
    Yes, you can move prospects up/down as you please as long as they qualify.
    Bringing UP a prospect does count as ONE ADD to your PRO team (and you only get TWO per week).
    does activating a player off IR count as a move?

i.e

i put macarthur on IR
    call up sprong

= 1 move

macarthur becomes healthy
    i demote sprong
    i re-activate macarthur

= 1 move? or does activating from IR not count as a move? because what if i burn my two moves per week and then an injured player becomes healthy, now my roster is illegal because i cannot activate him? i'm assuming it doesnt count right?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is there a link to this league or the draft? Always curious to see how it went. I recalled there originally being a thread but couldn't find it now.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    does activating a player off IR count as a move?
    No.
    Activating a player off IR does not count as a move.
    The player is still on the "PRO" team. Consider it as PRO-IR.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

New thread started on Fantrax page for Positional Eligibility (Switch) Application:
    http://www.fantrax.com/thread.go?thr...ilqcitibscqiar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

re: Positional Eligibility.
    We found out this week that changing or reducing a player to a singular eligibility is retroactive for the entire NHL season.
    The Good News: We found this out relatively early in season and can attend to fixes now.
    The Bad News: Some Teams were affected by player changes - and we've had to manually adjust rosters.

For those that haven't caught it on the chat boards, here's what can happen:
    Say the Windsor Spitfires have Lars Eller listed as C to start the season and for the first month.
    Say Lars Eller is switched to LW in November.
    For all games where Eller was on the bench, there is no impact. Bench is Bench.
    For all games where Eller was played at "F", there is no impact. Forwards are forwards.
    However, all line-ups where Eller was played at C will be ILLEGAL if he has switched to LW. A LW may not be slotted in a C slot - even for past games.

Where does this leave us?
    For THIS year:
    1. We'll have to forego application for positional changes this year. As some people have suggested, let's just leave SINGULAR positions in place for the whole year. We are all stuck with whatever positions players have. This is fairest option.
    2. Players on PRO teams are not permitted to have dual eligibility, GMs with these players need to iron this out now:
    i) For PRO players, each team shall determine the most correct position for your players and we'll work to get past line-ups changed so there is no change in scoring.
    ii) For MINORS players, they can remain dual-eligible UNTIL THEY ARE CALLED UP. Once they are called up, play them at "F"-only. If you want to play them at a dedicated C-LW-RW, then you need to try to match what they are playing on their NHL team. Once you've slotted them in ONE forward position, that'll be assigned as their SINGULAR position for the year. (And it is expected that GMs will use the position that matches the players real NHL position.)
    Each GM is in charge of making sure they understand this rule with regard to THEIR players. (also applicable to any free agents they add)

For FUTURE years:
    1. If you wish to consider applying for a player position switch IN-SEASON in future years, that IS possible... but only for "FORWARDS".
    2. If a forward is ONLY slotted in a "F" position for all there games, then a GM may later apply for a positional change if it matches their main NHL position.
    It will be each GM's responsibility to understand where they have slotted their forwards.
    The commissioners will not be responsible for requested forward positions that result in illegal past line-ups.
    Thus, (in FUTURE years), request forward positional request only at your own risk.
    Unfortunately - if there is a switch of a D-to-F... or F-to-D (Buff/Burns)... there's nothing we can do because of Fantrax's format with positions.

FAQ:
    Why all the attention to these singular positions? Why not just go with whatever Fantrax gives players - even if it's dual eligibility?
    Fantrax, like Yahoo, is not exactly accurate with their dual positions. It becomes a very grey area.
    A guy like Joe Pavelski is very valuable when he is C/RW or C/LW or C/LW/RW. It gives a team a strategical roster/scheduling advantage to have dual-eligible players.
    We want fairness - so we want all teams to have 25 PRO players that ALL have a singular position. Thus 25 positions per team, for all teams.
    Once we strip dual-eligibility from one player... it needs to be carried through all players. Fairness/singular eligibility throughout the league for all players.
    FAIR.

*As of currently, please realize that we are still in Year 1. There will be quirks to the league. Positional eligiblity is one. I made best effort to go through a lot of players - but obviously I missed several (such as Gabriel Bourque) and it has caused some confusion. Players with dual-eligibility are still being changed as I locate them. Even players on the waiver wire that are dual-eligible represent a strategy advantage to anybody that adds them. This is why some other players have been changed recently. Please remember that this is OUR league... when everybody helps to iron out the kinks, that's what we'll make it best.

Really enjoying the overall league enthusiasm so far and all the comments to make the league better!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Makes sense too me, but my only worry is that someone is going to make a mistake, it's inevitable, we're only human and it could have a big effect on the standings.

It would be much preferable to have automated system restrictions in place rather than rely on us to make sure we adhere to the roster spots.

I pulled a list of all the players and filtered by positions, here's who has more than 1 position and where they were used during the past weeks:

C,LW,RW,F Trocheck, Vincent - FLA - London Nationals - used at C or F
    C,LW,F Miller, J.T. - NYR - Hartford Whalers - used at C and LW
    C,LW,F Pirri, Brandon - FLA - Hartford Whalers - used at C and F
    C,LW,F Eller, Lars - MON - Windsor Spitfires - used a C or F
    C,LW,F Hertl, Tomas - SJ - Wheeling Nailers - used at LW
    C,RW,F Reinhart, Sam (R) - BUF - Vancour Voodoo - used at C
    C,RW,F Lazar, Curtis - OTT - London Nationals - used at C
    C,LW,F Petan, Nic (R) - WPG - Cleveland Barons - still in minors
    C,RW,F Arcobello, Mark - TOR - Wheeling Nailors - used at F

FYI - I adjusted Domi and Nelson as they got extra positions added over the weekend.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Makes sense too me, but my only worry is that someone is going to make a mistake, it's inevitable, we're only human and it could have a big effect on the standings.
    Good point.
    Perhaps for Future Years, maybe we consider attending to Forwards-Only... and maybe only at ONE change spot... say, after about 4-5 weeks of season.
    I'm a stickler for "getting things right".

For example, right now I have Lars Eller who appears to be locked in as the Habs LW2 for the whole season... and having him at C just... annoys me. (but I can live with it).
    [My brain actually feels funky when I watch the Habs play at I know that Eller is a LW for real... but that he is a C on my fantasy team. I prefer to think "Oh, that's my LW out there at LW".]

Sam Bennett is another one.
    Fantrax had him at C (I think), then we switched him to LW because he played their exclusively last year & playoffs.
    Then CGY opens this season with him at C2.
    Kind of seems a shame to have him locked in at LW for a whole fantasy hockey season. (and Bennett owner obviously misses out on minor advantage of FOW from a C-player.)

Currently, VV has Trocheck as C/LW/RW and Lazar at C/RW.
    We need to trim those down ASAP.
    If he wants to trade those players in the future, it could compound the problem - as the team acquiring them might hope to use them at different positions than his current team uses him.

But I get it - ultimately we need something that is simple, clear, and won't create any headaches as we get deep into the season.