Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

The Great One

Default Re: WHL (World Hockey League) - League Settings *Discussion* Thread

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Since this is my first league with a cap, I have another question... (apologies)

If you draft/keep a high salaried player and decide to drop him to waivers (team is over the cap perhaps), do you retain any of his salary to your team cap hit? Is there any penalty for dumping salary to the wire?
    I am in four salary keeper leagues right now, and have been in many others over the years, and in none of those leagues do you have to retain salary if you dump a player to waivers.

It is an interesting idea, but that is not a rule I have ever seen before. In fact, such a rule would seriously impact the ability to manage a fantasy roster. We do not control what NHL players sign for. If a player gets a huge raise and suddenly you are over the cap, you should be able to release that player without having to pay a penalty.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    so say the situation arises (which it will) that you have a player on IR and you bring up a JR player to fill in (instead of a waiver pickup) and then that player comes back from IR and you then send your JR player back to farm to make a roster spot available. Is this a move that will be frowned upon?
    this is yet another reason why we shouldnt have JR players losing minors eligibility if they are called up (not to mention it will add yet another thing to keep track of). no team will ever call up a JR player for an injury replacement for this very scenario, as they would be forced with a tough decision when the IR player is healthy. so instead you will have teams picking up scrubs off FA vs using an actual good JR player.

teams should not have good JR players buried in their minors, regardless if they are competing or rebuilding. you should always play your best roster, it will be a total joke if a team is able to keep mcdavid buried while he's netting near ppg numbers while his active roster has 4th line scrubs on it.

the league will definitely suffer if we prevent JR players from being demoted once called up. i've said it multiple times in this thread, allow them to be called up/down but limit the transactions to something like 2/week, and we can discuss whether IR replacements count as call ups.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I am in four salary keeper leagues right now, and have been in many others over the years, and in none of those leagues do you have to retain salary if you dump a player to waivers.

It is an interesting idea, but that is not a rule I have ever seen before. In fact, such a rule would seriously impact the ability to manage a fantasy roster. We do not control what NHL players sign for. If a player gets a huge raise and suddenly you are over the cap, you should be able to release that player without having to pay a penalty.
    phew! Thanks for the answer Seadawg.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

in the UHL league, we do a sort of hybrid for this.

if a player signs a new contract, you may drop them in the offseason before their new contract starts (so a UFA can be dropped that summer, or a guy like Kesler signing an extension that starts next year can be dropped next summer). that way, if they do end up getting overpaid you can drop them no hassle. but if you decide to keep them past Sept. 1 (cut off date that we can choose), then in order to drop them you will need to either buy them out (half the cap hit x double the term against your cap), or you will need to trade them for lesser value or with added incentive. this will allow rebuilding teams with cap space to get good players at a cheaper rate, or acquire picks/prospects etc as incentive to take on these bad contracts.

i'd actually prefer this to being able to drop a guy for free. especially with 100M cap, we need some sort of way to reward those of us who can manage cap effectively. it really does prevent the "rich from getting richer", and will help with the parity across the league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    in the UHL league, we do a sort of hybrid for this.

if a player signs a new contract, you may drop them in the offseason before their new contract starts (so a UFA can be dropped that summer, or a guy like Kesler signing an extension that starts next year can be dropped next summer). that way, if they do end up getting overpaid you can drop them no hassle. but if you decide to keep them past Sept. 1 (cut off date that we can choose), then in order to drop them you will need to either buy them out (half the cap hit x double the term against your cap), or you will need to trade them for lesser value or with added incentive. this will allow rebuilding teams with cap space to get good players at a cheaper rate, or acquire picks/prospects etc as incentive to take on these bad contracts.

i'd actually prefer this to being able to drop a guy for free. especially with 100M cap, we need some sort of way to reward those of us who can manage cap effectively. it really does prevent the "rich from getting richer", and will help with the parity across the league.
    pretty cool idea Praba. Does Fantrax have something in place to enforce this? or is this manually added if a buyout occurs?
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    pretty cool idea Praba. Does Fantrax have something in place to enforce this? or is this manually added if a buyout occurs?
    manually added, but pretty easy to track. and i highly doubt there will be many buyouts, with this much cap space teams will have more than enough space and should easily be able to trade an expensive contract.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    manually added, but pretty easy to track. and i highly doubt there will be many buyouts, with this much cap space teams will have more than enough space and should easily be able to trade an expensive contract.
    What about retaining a portion of a player's salary in order to make a trade ( like what TOR did with Kessel)? Is it possible to do this as well or are we making it too complicated to keep track of our cap space? Can we use a google doc spreadsheet to track these moves?

So many questions.....
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Demi-God

re: JR eligibility.
    If it's an option on Fantrax, the desired rule is that moving a player from PRO --> JR or from JR --> PRO will cost you one of your two allowable weekly moves.
    I don't plan on stripping a player's eligibility once the player is up. You'll still be permitted to send him down, but it will cost you a move.

re: Salary retention.
    For this year, we'll keep things simple.
    If you dump any player, you dump his salary.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    re: JR eligibility.
    If it's an option on Fantrax, the desired rule is that moving a player from PRO --> JR or from JR --> PRO will cost you one of your two allowable weekly moves.
    I don't plan on stripping a player's eligibility once the player is up. You'll still be permitted to send him down, but it will cost you a move.

re: Salary retention.
    For this year, we'll keep things simple.
    If you dump any player, you dump his salary.
    I like both answers. Makes sense to me.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ace

Are the scoring settings now confirmed/finalized?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Are the scoring settings now confirmed/finalized?
    Positions & scoring weight, yes - that's set for 2015-2016.

Dobber Sports Genius

It seems fantrax has a sense of nostalgia. Random matchup selection has my CSKA Moscow opening vs newf's Montreal Canadiens in a rematch of the 1975 New Year's Eve classic to kick off our brand new league. I like that.

Dobber Sports Pro

Haha that's awesome!
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    It seems fantrax has a sense of nostalgia. Random matchup selection has my CSKA Moscow opening vs newf's Montreal Canadiens in a rematch of the 1975 New Year's Eve classic to kick off our brand new league. I like that.
    Hopefully there's no hot goalie this time to take away the Habs victory!

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Is the draft order email that was sent out a few days ago the final order for next weekend?