Thread: Green and Fehr are likely out of Washington

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Green and Fehr are likely out of Washington

Mike Green's time as a Washington Capital appears to be over.
    As agent Craig Oster tells it, "It’s a function of where the Capitals are as an organization, changes that have been made there and the salary cap as to why they weren’t in a position to do much more than they were." Simply put, Mike Green's price tag of $6.083M per season combined with his lack foot speed, defensive reliability, and mediocre offensive production since his back-to-back 70+ point seasons from 2008-10 are why Green will have a new home come October. That being said, he'll have just turned 30 years old by the time the season starts.
    Source: Chuck Gormley
    jeu., juin 25 2015 17:28

Eric Fehr won't be re-signed by Washington, and thus will have a new team when the 2015-16 season starts.
    As agent Craig Oster sees it, "At the end of the day, it’s a decision by them as to how they make their best team and based on all the factors it wasn’t going to work out for Eric or the organization and both sides will continue to move on." Fehr has spent all but 35 of his 464-game career with the Capitals, scoring 87 goals and 174 points in that time. Fehr, who will be 30 when the 2015-16 season begins, is coming off a two-year $3M contract and shouldn't cost his new team much.
    jeu., juin 25 2015 17:34
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Green and Fehr are likely out of Washington

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Mike Green's time as a Washington Capital appears to be over.
    As agent Craig Oster tells it, "It’s a function of where the Capitals are as an organization, changes that have been made there and the salary cap as to why they weren’t in a position to do much more than they were." Simply put, Mike Green's price tag of $6.083M per season combined with his lack foot speed, defensive reliability, and mediocre offensive production since his back-to-back 70+ point seasons from 2008-10 are why Green will have a new home come October. That being said, he'll have just turned 30 years old by the time the season starts.
    jeu., juin 25 2015 17:28
    Yeesh, I get the feeling this Gormley doesn't quite care for Mike Green.
    Queue the Mike Green douchebag thread bump.

Green's never really paced for less than 40+pts, except for the disaster of a 2011-2012.
    I think he gets a far worse rap, defensively, than he really is.
    Been under a microscope... every offensive defenseman that likes to rush the puck end-to-end gets that criticism... I don't know any that haven't.

He's a solid D for $6m... I even think his prowess on the PP warrants $7m.
    I mean, shit, a team should just pair him with a stay-at-home LH partner.
    What is Jeff Schultz doing these days anyways?

If he can play a 70+ game season, a team will get their money's worth out of him for $6m.

WAS has the benefit of having two pretty slick RH D-men (Carlson, Niskanen) - and so Green has been very expendable for a year or two for them now.

Administrator

So you're saying Green doesn't get fehr treatment?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Booooooooooo!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dobber Sports Veteran

I take it back Pengwin - Eric's puns are worse than yours.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yeesh, I get the feeling this Gormley doesn't quite care for Mike Green.
    Queue the Mike Green douchebag thread bump.

Green's never really paced for less than 40+pts, except for the disaster of a 2011-2012.
    I think he gets a far worse rap, defensively, than he really is.
    Been under a microscope... every offensive defenseman that likes to rush the puck end-to-end gets that criticism... I don't know any that haven't.

He's a solid D for $6m... I even think his prowess on the PP warrants $7m.
    I mean, shit, a team should just pair him with a stay-at-home LH partner.
    What is Jeff Schultz doing these days anyways?

If he can play a 70+ game season, a team will get their money's worth out of him for $6m.

WAS has the benefit of having two pretty slick RH D-men (Carlson, Niskanen) - and so Green has been very expendable for a year or two for them now.
    I agree with you Peng. With the going rate of D-men, Green will land on his feet and very likely sign for $6M or more per annum.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Looking back on it, perhaps they should have entertained trading him at the deadline rather than seeing him walk for nothing ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Writing has been on the wall for Green since Niskanen and Orpik arrived.

Fehr not surprising either since he can't stay healthy for the extended stretches of time.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sammynos View Post
    Writing has been on the wall for Green since Niskanen and Orpik arrived.

Fehr not surprising either since he can't stay healthy for the extended stretches of time.
    Agreed, Fehr always seems to be out or starting to heat up before either getting hurt again or perhaps hiding another injury. Sad really because one gets the idea that if he could put together a healthy full season, a lot of heads would turn his way.

I still think the caps should have taken the best offer for Green down the stretch. Obviously hindsight is 20-20 but knowing that they would not sign him post season and playing him in a 3rd pairing situation seems a bit short sighted. C`est la guerre
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.