Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Preds have made an offer to Ribeiro

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Preds have made an offer to Ribeiro

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/sta...65974305140738

#predators gm David Poile made an offer to Mike Ribeiro. Not sure if a deal can be done yet. #tvasports
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Preds have made an offer to Ribeiro

Which is why the whole "NHL takes violence against women seriously" stance was just empty, empty words....
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Genius

Ribeiro...a "predator". Sounds about right.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Ribeiro...a "predator". Sounds about right.
    The Nashville Child Predators

This has PR nightmare written all over it
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Stud

despicable...

Dobber Sports Genius

Update:

Mike Ribeiro will begin to field offers from other teams, per agent Don Meehan.
    Ribeiro has also made it known that he will not accept another one-year deal. As for who has interest in the troubled, and newly-legally embattled, 35 year old center is not yet clear. Ribeiro however led the Predators with 47 assists and ranked second with 62 points while playing in all 82 games last season.
    Source: Adam Vingan
    jeu., juin 25 2015 17:48
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This particular predator won't be on my fantasy team again, that I know for sure.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Veteran

He hasn't been proven guilty of any charges. It is not the job of the NHL to punish a man for alleged crimes, that responsibility falls on the judicial system. Same goes for Voynov. The NHL and the NHLPA can and should have policies but they should only be implemented after he has been judged.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    He hasn't been proven guilty of any charges. It is not the job of the NHL to punish a man for alleged crimes, that responsibility falls on the judicial system. Same goes for Voynov. The NHL and the NHLPA can and should have policies but they should only be implemented after he has been judged.
    Yeah, what do you guys think this is, the NFL? lol

I'm with audiopile here, this isn't even a criminal matter, it's in civil court. I'm no fan of Ribeiro and even I don't doubt these allegations, BUT how would this be any different if my sister accused Patrick Kane of exactly the same thing? We all know that ol' Patty liked to get his drunk on and do stupid things. Would people be so quick to throw him under the bus? Ribeiro isn't all that likeable, so it's easier to judge him guilty without too much thought. Just know that anyone can make an accusation, it doesn't always mean that the accused is guilty even if we all think they are.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm with audiopile here, this isn't even a criminal matter, it's in civil court. I'm no fan of Ribeiro and even I don't doubt these allegations, BUT how would this be any different if my sister accused Patrick Kane of exactly the same thing? We all know that ol' Patty liked to get his drunk on and do stupid things. Would people be so quick to throw him under the bus? Ribeiro isn't all that likeable, so it's easier to judge him guilty without too much thought. Just know that anyone can make an accusation, it doesn't always mean that the accused is guilty even if we all think they are.
    First of all, strongly disagree with both of you here about criminal court being the basis on which we determine scumbagedness for sexual assault. As an attorney, I had to give my view from within the legal system on this topic, and posted my comments on the matter in the ramblings the other day. If you're interested, feel free to check them out. Long story short: if you don't personally judge someone as guilty of sexual assault unless they are convicted of it in criminal proceedings, you are pretty much ignoring the vast majority of perpetrators in society. (Note: not saying that you should judge everyone accused either.)

The real reason I wanted to make this post though was my shock that you are using Patrick Kane as an example of a likeable person? haha The guy that crashes university parties, gets loaded and goads people into fighting him... and ultimately ends up beating the shit out of a middle-aged cabbie? I probably would have used Jarome Iginla as my likeable candidate. :-)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Kudelskis Krushers View Post
    First of all, strongly disagree with both of you here about criminal court being the basis on which we determine scumbagedness for sexual assault. As an attorney, I had to give my view from within the legal system on this topic, and posted my comments on the matter in the ramblings the other day. If you're interested, feel free to check them out. Long story short: if you don't personally judge someone as guilty of sexual assault unless they are convicted of it in criminal proceedings, you are pretty much ignoring the vast majority of perpetrators in society. (Note: not saying that you should judge everyone accused either.)

The real reason I wanted to make this post though was my shock that you are using Patrick Kane as an example of a likeable person? haha The guy that crashes university parties, gets loaded and goads people into fighting him... and ultimately ends up beating the shit out of a middle-aged cabbie? I probably would have used Jarome Iginla as my likeable candidate. :-)
    lol, yeah, in hindsight, I may have missed the mark on my Kane example. I still think people generally like him, even with his history of douchebaggery. My real point was anyone can accuse someone, but until they are proven guilty, bad things shouldn't be happening to them based solely on an accusation.

As for your first paragraph, wow, it sounds like typical politician/lawyer speak...if I choose not to judge someone (based on what little evidence/info that I can find from the internet/news agencies?), then I'm ignorant, however, I shouldn't judge everyone? How would I go about choosing which ones (guys, they are all guys, aren't they!?) to judge as guilty? How can we possibly judge someone when we don't have all the facts? That's what our wonderful justice system is for (yes that's said with a little bit of sarcasm).

All that said, I don't completely disagree that some people are found not guilty (different from innocent) due to a lack of evidence or technicality (thanks to you smart lawyers!), who are very likely guilty as hell. The problem I have is how can I properly judge someone's guilt without all the evidence? Case in point, I find it difficult to believe that OJ didn't commit the crimes he was found not guilty on. The volume of evidence seemed to be very stacked against OJ. Same with the accusations levelled against Bill Cosby. There are too many women who are not connected (it's clearly not a conspiracy) that have a very similar story to tell. In Ribiero's case, it's one person's accusation with little to no physical evidence (at least that I'm aware of), so until the weight of evidence is overwhelming, I'll defer judgement to those that know more about the case than I.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just think we need to be a little bit careful as a society to be so quick to burn the witch on the stake. It is very easy to accuse someone of these types of activities and the accuser will undoubtedly garner support (as seen here) regardless of fact. If this becomes a trend then many stars could be targeted. Didn't something like this happen in the NBA a decade ago?

Consider if it happened to you at work simply because an unstable or disgruntled co-worker decided to accuse you of rape just because you parked in their spot? Your co-workers, friends and neighbors all turn their back on you instantly, is that what you'd want? If you are cleared of the accusations I'm sure at least a few of them would never change their mis-informed opinion. Your reputation would be tarnished for life regardless.

If the judicial system isn't working then that is another issue all together. Is the NHL or any other major corporation's policies supposed to be the safety net for that? Insanity.

Recently a man in Canada was fired from his job for harassing a news reporter prior to charges even being filed. He wasn't at work or in uniform. I'm ok with that because it was all caught on tape, he was fired for presenting the company in a bad light to the public. That being said, his place of employment is irrelevant in the matter and should not have been brought into the story. The company was put in a tough position (much like the NHL) but in his case the reporter was unprofessional in publishing that information in my opinion.

To me there just isn't enough justification in the Ribiero case (yet).

Dobber Sports Stud

If what that young girl said is true than winning trumps morals in Smashville obviously

Clearly Ribeiro deserves his day in court but like 90% of all legal matters in the US this will be settled out of court with a plea and conditional hush money. The caveat being if Tenn has a codified legal structure much like California`s. This is why the Kings and Voynov have had such a rough time of it. Once his case entered into the penal system it has to play itself out by the code. Hopefully he (Slava) will opt for diversion...

The question is what does Ribeiro do with this new chance on life ?

One can own to our mistakes and make a difference or not...
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    If what that young girl said is true than winning trumps morals in Smashville obviously

Clearly Ribeiro deserves his day in court but like 90% of all legal matters in the US this will be settled out of court with a plea and conditional hush money. The caveat being if Tenn has a codified legal structure much like California`s. This is why the Kings and Voynov have had such a rough time of it. Once his case entered into the penal system it has to play itself out by the code. Hopefully he (Slava) will opt for diversion...

The question is what does Ribeiro do with this new chance on life ?

One can own to our mistakes and make a difference or not...
    I was unaware that plea bargains exist for civil trials.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I was unaware that plea bargains exist for civil trials.
    yes you are correct I misused the term `plea`. I should have used plead

Having said that I think its fairly certain that the 2 parties will reach a mutually agreed upon damage amount and it will quite likely be settled out of court.

The alleged victim however could play hardball which would put both Ribeiro and the Predators in uncomfortable territory IF it did ever go to court. Then again maybe the Preds offered Ribeiro a CONDITIONAL contract.

anyway its a rather sordid story on an otherwise exciting day
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.