Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [rumour] Rangers turns down offer of two 2nd round picks for Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: [rumour] Rangers turns down offer of two 2nd round picks for Talbot

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Flames have three second round picks.
    Are the Flames really that hard pressed for a G? Certainly not as urgently as the Oil.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Are the Flames really that hard pressed for a G? Certainly not as urgently as the Oil.
    Multiple sources have reported the Flames are in on Talbot, at least to some level. Doesn't really matter if I think they need a goalie, if they're interested in Talbot (as many have reported they are) they have lots of seconds to make that type of offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The tweet has already indicated that it wasn't the Oilers and as I mentioned earlier, there's nothing saying that the two 2nd round picks were even from 2015. The offer could have been one 2nd round pick in 2015 and one 2nd round pick in 2016.
    Hence the word If, in my post.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Flames have three second round picks.
    Flames make sense.

I hope Benning can get two second rounders for Lack!
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Didn't Dreger tweet somewhere that Talbot has a "great" contract. Possible one year rental does not a great contract make. While his contract status is the same lack IMO would be a better option for calgary if they were looking for a G. I just don't see the rationale. Hiller, Ramo(if he can be or they want to resign him), Ortio, Gillies, McDonald. To me they are in decent enough shape with a healthy D in front of whomever is in net and Talbot doesn't make them better.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    considering talbot is arguably the "best" goalie available, i'd say 2 2nd round picks is likely the most you can expect from the other goalies available. goalie market is saturated, it's a bad summer to trade bernier/reimer, lehner/anderson etc.
    Ever here of a goalie named Lindback? Lindback played on a good defensive team and when given a chance to be a number one he faltered. Not saying Talbot is no good, just saying I want to see him play full time and not just a short window to see his true worth. Bernier was in the same situation and he has had good and bad moments and he went for Fratin and later picks
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Stud

IMHO Talbot probably wants to go somewhere he can start. So assuming a team can pay the freight to acquire him my best guess is that Cam will sign an extension as soon as he is able to. Considering where this guy came from and how he worked his way up the ladder, a full time gig with NHL starting money is a dream come true.

So despite the nature of his contract status, Talbot will eventually get his payday. If he becomes the starter that many believe he can be then the money will reflect that. Or he stays in NY for example then goes into UFA and get his payday then. Either way NY cannot keep him.

Two seconds ? not bad. Marincin and #33 is also not chopped liver.

Perhaps Sather is hoping to acquire a roster forward which will free him to make another deal, while banking the pick.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.