Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Count me in.

I'm in for whatever everyone else decides except the following.

gotta be 30 teams...or else its not as realistic and it gets too easy.
    gotta be lots of players...or else its too easy.
    and a full-keeper would be more realistic, with free agency at the end of the year of course.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Some great interest so far.
    It seems like a good majority are leaning towards a bigger league (24 teams), $50 entry, using Fantrax.
    H2H weighted points seems to have a lot of support.
    And knowing some of the people chiming in... a deep roster of 12F (3C/3LW/3RW/3F),6D,2G + 5-6 bench would be great for getting into the depths of players.
    8-10 farm also about a good size.

If we go with that size (24 teams x 35 players = 840 picks), I think we'd have to start a slow draft on August 1st...
    Just trying to knock out 1 round every day... for 35 days... would put us at September 5th... but there are often days where one guy losing his internet (or working night shifts) is going to delay everything.
    There's a lot of front-end coordination to find out when people can "check in" and make their picks.

As much key as anything else would be getting together a good set of rules.
    I often avoid money leagues because of the scheming that some people will go through to loophole the rules or arrange buddy-trades... stuff that cripples leagues.

Keep up the discussion.
    I'd love to get a big league set up with you guys.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would be interested if there's room - in a couple of keeper leagues already but would be fun to start one from scratch (with a shot at McDavid!) My input:

1. Have never tried Fantrax but would like to
    2. Money league - $50 sounds nice
    3. 12+
    4. I'm comfortable with H2H but would be interested to try roto or weighted scoring
    5. 25+ with a relatively small farm team
    6. Dynasty
    7. Yes but with the prizes weighted towards winning the regular season
    8. Yup
    9. Slow draft closer to the start of the season

The Great One

Just one thing to consider. While I strongly prefer a free league (due to the hassles of replacing managers that drop out of pay leagues, and the gaming that goes on as mentioned by Penguin), IF a money league is set up and IF it is hosted on Fantrax, you could think about the merits of having a small pot of the pool going towards paying the annual fee for a premium membership. Free membership is available but less stable. For example, beginning next year, they are removing some of the stats available to the free leagues, which is causing some havoc.

If you are going to be collecting money anyways, I figure it would make sense to consider whether the premium membership offers enough perks to make it worth it.

I suspect many people will be particular about the stats being used...!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would have no issue being in a "free" league (no prize money) but chipping in a small amount to cover Fantrax Premium.

Being in a Fantrax Premium League makes going to any other website/configuration really hard. Fantrax Premium is just so drastically superior that it's hard to go back to Yahoo etc.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

I wouldn't mind if it's a "free league" as well as long as it's a premium one.
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't mind if it's free but I must admit that free leagues hold less weight in terms of priority for me. It would be nice to toss in even $25 (part of it going toward making it a premium league - depending on # of GMs $5-15)... something for a winner to be able to enjoy at the end of the year. Maybe just enough for the league champion/division winners to get their money back so they can play for free the following year.

My honest $0.02.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the idea of a small token like $25.00 for an entry fee. That way, it helps the champion to fund other pools they may not have had as much success with! Even without a token entry fee, it sounds like the premium option is the way to go with Fantrax.

In regards to a rule book, perhaps a few of us could develop a draft rule book for the rest of the league to comment on. Each person could develop a section of the rule book for review by the other folks developing the other sections (using email) prior to sending it out to the rest of the league. Using this approach, things would have to get going in early July at the latest.

We would also have to decide on a league name. Sounds like our summers just got more exciting!
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd be interested, I'm looking for a third league.

Run one league myself and I'm in another with a few fellow dobberites.

I'm a very active GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Believe it or not, I've never drafted a new keeper from scratch.
    I've adopted 2-3 teams in keeper leagues over the past years.
    (and to those looking to fill their leagues... NO!... I'm not looking to adopt another team.)

Anybody looking for a new league?
    I thought this could be a good thread for anybody interested.

General questions for those interested in a new league:

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? Fantrax
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Money
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 12 or more
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? H2H
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? 24+ Main Roster / 10+ Farm Roster
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Either or
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) I like playoffs
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) active summer for sure
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? any of the above

Any other key things?
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Money 30-200
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 16-24
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? H2H pref, Roto 2nd
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? 4 C 4LW 4 RW 6 D 2G 8B 15 minor 2 Ir
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Dynasty
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) sure but not important
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) yes
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? anytime, either
    Last edited by Vancityguy; June 30, 2015 at 10:26 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Interested

2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Open to either
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 16-20
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? H2H
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? 4 C 6W 4 D 2G 8B 10 minor 2 Ir
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Partial might be fun, all my leagues are full keeper
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) maybe
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) yes
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? Whatever works
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Genius

May be interested depending on schedule constraints. Only two important-ish caveats for me -

1-fantrax
    2- no NHL playoffs included. Regular season only.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd be in. Would love to interact with more people on the forums.

2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Would much prefer money league.
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 18-24
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? 20-22, farm roster around 14-18
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? either
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) Have never done playoff format so I say yes, something new.
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) Yes
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? Any probably August, slow draft would be my preference
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

1. Fantrax
    2. I'm in too many free leagues. money please 50ish would be good.
    3. If it's money more then 10, less then 24.
    4. H2H, not opposed to a system where D points are given a boost of sorts though to balance with fwds.
    5. 20-25 players on the pro team anyways. farm anywhere from 5-30.
    6. Partial keeper if money so a team isn't in the gutter for as long. who wants to pay to lose years in a row right ? maybe keep 12 or less + your farm.
    7. playoff would be kind of cool and new experience. but I am not going to lose sleep over it.
    8. love activity in the summer.
    9. would prefer fast draft seems like no one does that anymore.... and I'm game for any month to start.
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd be down to give an online Dobber community pool a go. All of my current pools are in-person - so this would be an interesting switch.

As for my preferences:

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? I'm open
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Again I'm open to either
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? I too would be game to try a "big" league (20-30 teams)
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? Strong preference towards weighted scoring
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? I enjoy mimicking the NHL in fantasy - so 4C/L/R 6D 2G with 3 bench and a large farm
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? I'm open
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) I'm open
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading? Not mandatory for everyone - but absolutely for those who want to be
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? August to fill the dog days

RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji