Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Sharp: the price is sky high.....

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Patrick Sharp: the price is sky high.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    If anyone can pull off a coup like that, it will be Mr. Bowman.
    I doubt that even Mr Bowman can pull that out of his hat for a 33 year old who had 16 goals and 43 points albeit in 68 games. Not even close.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Its just a starting point, the vultures will be circling, as they know the Hawks have to move someone. It will end up who flinches first, and who wants a 33 year old to lead them into the playoffs.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Veteran

The ask might not be as crazy as you think when you actually look at the pieces and stretch what might qualify. Toronto could say they got a first round pick and a top prospect for 2 months of Cody Franson.

Let's start by assuming in the new NHL draft lottery system, the first round pick will be lottery protected. I bet will be the new norm for off-season trades. Then we can say that every team has 5 top prospects and we are not talking about Nikolaj Ehlers or Sam Bennett. Now, the only missing piece is an NHL player on an entry level deal... the top six part is subjective.

Dobber Sports Monster

The highest starting point as possible will result in a decent meeting in the middle point. If you start negotiating small you end up with smaller return.
    My guess it will most likely be a team needing to get to the floor maybe...

Administrator

Maybe if someone can give the Blackhawks a taste of their own medicine and have them eat part of Sharp's contract they can get this sort of price. Sharp is a depreciating asset on an expensive deal. I'd rather give Matt Beleskey $5M annually and give up nothing else than give up all that for Sharp at the full price tag. The UFA options aren't endless of course but there are options out there.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Chicago reportedly wants a first round pick, top-tier prospect, and a top-six forward on an entry-level contract.
    How can they say that is the price? Sharp himself is only a top six forward. Why would you give a top six forward, a 1st round pick and a top prospect for a top six forward? Makes no sense to me.

Dobber Sports Deity

For a team that is hard against the cap (and other GM's know this) I dont see how they can legitimately start this high with their asking price and expect teams to call. They don't have much for negotiating power and are not in a position of strength here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Chances are good the Hawks won't be geting a package like this in return for Sharp.. But do guys expect the Hawks to say?? "We would like a bottom six forward and a 3rd round pick please"

He is a three time cup champ and can score goals.. He still has some wheels too.. So I can see a few teams lining up and giving the Hawks a few offers, that may surprise us all..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Chances are good the Hawks won't be geting a package like this in return for Sharp.. But do guys expect the Hawks to say?? "We would like a bottom six forward and a 3rd round pick please"
    I know this is not fantasy hockey, but if a gm in one of my leagues sends me an offer like this, i don't even start any trade talks, i just move on. I don't see a chance to ever find a deal that works for both sides. Starting high is a good strategy, but it can scare people if you ask for too much.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Will be interesting to see what they get for Sharp. With the cap situation I'd be extremely happy if the Hawks got a 1st and a B level prospect. Sharp still has lots left and I think his drop in scoring had more to do with usage than anything. He spent a good portion of the year on the 3rd line and at times I wondered if CHI was testing to see how the top 6 would do without Sharp.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'd rather give Matt Beleskey $5M annually and give up nothing else than give up all that for Sharp at the full price tag. The UFA options aren't endless of course but there are options out there.
    Beleskey at 5 M for 4 years? No thank you. You can confidently predict that Sharp will get you 50-60 pts for the next couple seasons. I'm not saying that about Beleskey.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    I know this is not fantasy hockey, but if a gm in one of my leagues sends me an offer like this, i don't even start any trade talks, i just move on. I don't see a chance to ever find a deal that works for both sides. Starting high is a good strategy, but it can scare people if you ask for too much.
    Yep. You've gotta be able to find a balance between asking high enough to be able to find a good deal, and asking too high such that you offend the other guy. It's like Art of War Sun Tzu sh_t.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    For a team that is hard against the cap (and other GM's know this) I dont see how they can legitimately start this high with their asking price and expect teams to call. They don't have much for negotiating power and are not in a position of strength here.
    The Hawks cap predicament will have very little to do with Sharp's return IMO. Teams are bidding against each other and the Hawks can take the best offer. Some people thought this of the Hawks last offseason when everyone knew they had to make a trade before the season started. The Hawks still pulled off a good deal when trading Leddy.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The Hawks cap predicament will have very little to do with Sharp's return IMO. Teams are bidding against each other and the Hawks can take the best offer. Some people thought this of the Hawks last offseason when everyone knew they had to make a trade before the season started. The Hawks still pulled off a good deal when trading Leddy.
    You really liked the Leddy deal for Chicago ?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    You really liked the Leddy deal for Chicago ?
    It was a good deal for both teams. Pokka along with Johns are Chicago highest dman prospects. It was perfect asset management for Chicago. We all knew what Leddy was. The Hawks chose Oduya over Leddy and it worked out. Leddy was never playing for Chicago past this year.