Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Everyone's 'rush' for the newest thing

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Everyone's 'rush' for the newest thing

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    ...and the concern about finding their seat and having room for their bags is a mini anxiety for them...
    It's true!
    I actually know a couple people that have expressed this.

My 91-year old grandfather-in-law actually gets visibly nervous if I don't switch over to the right-most highway lane as soon as the first "Exit XX in 5miles" appears on the highway.
    Pengwin be like: Grandpa... I can pass another 50 cars in 4 miles AND still get over with lots of time. Relax.
    Grandpa be like: This doesn't seem like good driving.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Except for the fact that all the over head compartments are now full and you have to "check" your carry on bag. Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    3 words regarding the rush to board: overhead compartment space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Fail? Hasn't happened to me yet, dozens of times on a plane. Nice try though. In fact, I still haven't had to stuff my bag in any compartment further back than my seat - so I don't even have to push backwards to get at it when we land.
    Take a properly sized carry-on and your fine. The problem is people who seem to think the carry on compartment is where you put your clothes suitcase. Check your damn bag and bring a proper carry-on.

I'm with Dobber. I'm one of the last on the plane, I love to stay relaxed and in open space as long as possible. My carry-on is always either non-existent or fits at my feet quite nicely. For arguments sake, the absolute smartest way to load a plan is outside to inside. There is no possible more efficient method. It might be impractical for other reasons (family's want to board together and such), but in terms of straight efficiency, nothing comes close.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm in a rush to buy the new Batman game, because it will be awesome and I want to play it. There is nothing wrong with anticipating something enough to rush out and get it (or reserving a copy so you don't have to deal with the rush haha). But otherwise, rushing is silly. Like the people that rush to get out of concerts or hockey games, it is so much easier to sit back for 10-20 mins and wait
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Fail? Hasn't happened to me yet, dozens of times on a plane. Nice try though. In fact, I still haven't had to stuff my bag in any compartment further back than my seat - so I don't even have to push backwards to get at it when we land.

My way is still foolproof. Who's next?

- - - Updated - - -

I endorse this.

I turned down the opportunity to put this on newsstands because I won't endorse the creation of long lineups.
    It is a complete fail if you fly from a busy airport. What airport do you fly from mostly? Try flying out of Newark New Jersey.

Dobber Sports Ace

Now that the rush to respond to this post has subsided I want to say that I agree with Dobber on this one. Instead of rushing and waiting I feel like life is more enjoyable when I am relaxed and it even allows me to control my life as opposed to being a herded sheep.
    When I board a bus or subway I am more than happy to be the last person on. If I have to stand I am okay with that because it is more comfortable than being cramped in a seat and when I reach my destination I can be one of the first to exit and not be stuck behind a crowd.

Regarding overhead compartments, on my last flight the compartments were all full (I was seated near the front of the plane). I politely asked the flight attendant if I could store my carry-on in the first class overhead compartments. The attendant was so happy to be talked to politely instead of being approached with anger ( which she implied was common) that the answer was "yes, because you asked politely".

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Take a properly sized carry-on and your fine. The problem is people who seem to think the carry on compartment is where you put your clothes suitcase. Check your damn bag and bring a proper carry-on.

I'm with Dobber. I'm one of the last on the plane, I love to stay relaxed and in open space as long as possible. My carry-on is always either non-existent or fits at my feet quite nicely. For arguments sake, the absolute smartest way to load a plan is outside to inside. There is no possible more efficient method. It might be impractical for other reasons (family's want to board together and such), but in terms of straight efficiency, nothing comes close.
    congratulations! Do you fly often for business? Or just leisurely?

congratulations! Do you fly often for business? Or just leisurely?
    Both

Dobber Sports Stud

you fly for business but do not have a carry-on? Do you stay in a hotel when you travel? I fly for my business 65% of the year. Carry on luggage is a necessity.. Please tell me how you do it otherwise...

My carry-on is always either non-existent or fits at my feet quite nicely

Banned

Depends where you're going and how long you are there for. I just went to Toronto for three nights and I only brought a carry-on bag which fit everything.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Depends where you're going and how long you are there for. I just went to Toronto for three nights and I only brought a carry-on bag which fit everything.
    did you store the carry-on between your feet like rataylor22 is suggesting? Or did you put it in the overhead compartments?

you fly for business but do not have a carry-on? Do you stay in a hotel when you travel? I fly for my business 65% of the year. Carry on luggage is a necessity.. Please tell me how you do it otherwise...

My carry-on is always either non-existent or fits at my feet quite nicely

Wear a suit, easy to pack a couple shirts, socks, underwear in a small bag that fits at my feet. It's really easily actually. All hotel rooms have irons. I don't need 3 suits for a 2 day business trip. If I'm going for longer and need more clothes I *GASP* check a bag and have to wait an extra 5 minutes at the airport. OH THE HORROR OF THOSE 5 MINUTES THOUGH.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Wear a suit, easy to pack a couple shirts, socks, underwear in a small bag that fits at my feet. It's really easily actually. All hotel rooms have irons. I don't need 3 suits for a 2 day business trip. If I'm going for longer and need more clothes I *GASP* check a bag and have to wait an extra 5 minutes at the airport. OH THE HORROR OF THOSE 5 MINUTES THOUGH.
    Ok.. with all due respect, this sounds like it a person that travels once in a year. 5 minutes........ Hahahahah.... I guess if your traveling in remote places,,,sure it will be 5 minutes... hahahahahahahah

Dobber Sports Demi-God

(re: thread trainwreck... way to go Dobber...)

Ok.. with all due respect, this sounds like it a person that travels once in a year. 5 minutes........ Hahahahah.... I guess if your traveling in remote places,,,sure it will be 5 minutes... hahahahahahahah
    Toronto, New York, Chicago, only remote places.

Banned

did you store the carry-on between your feet like rataylor22 is suggesting? Or did you put it in the overhead compartments?
    overhead