Thread: E3 Pre-order game sales

Dobber Sports Genius

Default E3 Pre-order game sales

Okay, so last year I didn't bother posting about this, because I didn't think anyone would care, but I was mistaken.

Every E3 at least a couple of retailers in Canada have a sale on pre-ordered games. Last year I pre-ordered 11 games, and I haven't had to pay the full MSRP on any new game since last summer.

This year Amazon has the best deal: Pre-order 2 games, get 20% off each, or pre-order 3 or more games and get 30% off. In Manitoba, for example, that's the difference between spending $63 after tax, versus $90 after tax (on a $79.99 game, which many games are now, thanks to our poor dollar). Here's the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=amb_link_...d_i=9291974011

Best Buy has a 20% off deal on pre-orders. Not nearly as good, but if you're all about the reward zone points (I'm not) it may be beneficial. Here's the Best Buy link:
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/E3.aspx?...mepage-hero-en

**The above deals last from now until the 18th!**

I'll be pre-ordering at least a half dozen games, probably more. There's no way I'm paying full price for new games at the current prices in Canada.

I wish I could have posted this sooner, but this is the best I could do. Hopefully I can help save at least one of you a few bucks!

Cheers, and game on!

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: E3 Pre-order game sales

Thanks for sharing it although it doesn't help me. I'm not from Canada and i don't pre-order any games. Never understood why i should do it. I want to know what i'm spending my money for and with all the unfinished games which are released nowadays and all the DLC which are cut out of the full game, i now buy my games one or even two years later. I spend half of the money and i get 50% more than people who bought it when it was released.

Don't want to spoil your party, have fun with the games and thanks for sharing a way to save money. Enjoy the games

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the heads up! I usually wait until a game goes on sale but I did want Battlefront on release so i bought that. Ive always wanted to try a lego game so i added Lego Avengers to the cart and it seemed less expensive than other Lego games. Finally I'd like to recommend Wolfenstein The Old Blood for people who like shooters and hate Nazis. It is already out on digital but I was able to preorder a physical copy for $25 less the 30% discount. Sweet deal.

You saved me forty bucks and i will probably sell the games back once Im done with them to recover even more

Dobber Sports Titan

While I’m trying desperately to finish my Road to the Show and retire in 1 freaking sport I start, I will have to be buying the PS4 soon. Last game I bought on release was the last CoD and I won’t be buying the CoD series again off the bat. However, I will prolly be buying the PS4 soon, solely for Battlefront and NHL16. So this is some pretty good news they offer this.

There’s literally no reason anymore to lineup in a store to get the game. Before it was because they’d sell out in the first day and you’d have to wait until the next shipment came in. Now they have so many copies you don’t need to buy the Pre-Order stuff. This is a good incentive to get them now. Well done Amazon and CascadeFilly for telling us.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    While I’m trying desperately to finish my Road to the Show and retire in 1 freaking sport I start, I will have to be buying the PS4 soon. Last game I bought on release was the last CoD and I won’t be buying the CoD series again off the bat. However, I will prolly be buying the PS4 soon, solely for Battlefront and NHL16. So this is some pretty good news they offer this.

There’s literally no reason anymore to lineup in a store to get the game. Before it was because they’d sell out in the first day and you’d have to wait until the next shipment came in. Now they have so many copies you don’t need to buy the Pre-Order stuff. This is a good incentive to get them now. Well done Amazon and CascadeFilly for telling us.
    I waited in line ONCE for a CoD product and will never do it again, terrible experience all around. I also feel that pre-oders, while convenient, are a very bad idea from a consumer standpoint. With guaranteed sales the game companies can and do end up producing rushed and glitchy games just to meet that deadline. With the AAA titles they likely presell enough to make their profit and are later reluctant to fix these bugs since they already got paid.
    In this case i put that aside because of the discount and I know that all my gaming buddies are going to be playing Battlefront as soon as the servers are heated up, so yes, I dont want to be left out in the cold. Hopefully it works.

Dobber Sports Genius

I should mention that you don't pay for any of these games until they ship, and you can cancel them if you want.

I'm also against pre-orders generally, but if I can get a significant discount on day one and have it delivered directly to my door, why not? Some games I know I'm going to want, and I have full confidence that they'll be great. I know I'm going to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront and Fallout 4, and Uncharted 4 is going to be incredible, for example.

As Audiopile mentioned, I almost always sell my games when I'm done with them. I just spent a couple months finishing Bloodborne and then sold it for $40. I sold The Order 1886 for $45 before that. On average, I can play through 3 or 4 games at my own pace for the price of one full-priced game, and I don't have to leave my house for any of it. Works for me!

Banned

thanks for this. Not sure about pre-ordering Fallout since I hated Fallout 3 but we shall see!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

dont think i will preorder either especially with EA games.

but i will be buying:

my ps4 is going to be collecting dust for a while, i dont even have it plugged in right now. no good titles out for it right now but will be getting:

FF7 remake
    FFIV
    NHL 16 (will wait to see if others claim it's as bad as 15)
    Street figher V, will need to buy a ps4 fightstick too
    Kingdom Hearts 3

and possibly:

FIFA 16
    God of War

but yea, **** preorders. not supporting a game so that devs can put a half ass job once they reach their quota and sell an unfinished product. id gladly spend full price and pay more money for a complete game. **** EA.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well I’m not saying opening up pre-orders 1yr in advanced, but most games are pretty much finished now, and if you buy it opening day vs pre-ordering it now you’ll be getting the same “dry-run” of products.

I bet NHL16 is already made ready to ship to stores. But I’m sure you can pre-order games today that come out on Tuesday 23rd.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    dont think i will preorder either especially with EA games.

but i will be buying:

my ps4 is going to be collecting dust for a while, i dont even have it plugged in right now. no good titles out for it right now but will be getting:

FF7 remake
    FFIV
    NHL 16 (will wait to see if others claim it's as bad as 15)
    Street figher V, will need to buy a ps4 fightstick too
    Kingdom Hearts 3

and possibly:

FIFA 16
    God of War

but yea, **** preorders. not supporting a game so that devs can put a half ass job once they reach their quota and sell an unfinished product. id gladly spend full price and pay more money for a complete game. **** EA.
    Well, to be fair. NHL15 had a huge improvement in gameplay. The rest was absolute crap though. From what I read, EA spent a couple of weeks with "pro NHL players" and have fixed a lot of issues within the game. NHL16 looks much improved from what I have seen so far.

I did pre-order 3 games because of this thread. I might decide to cancel them.

I bought NHL16, Metal Gear Solid V (huge MSG fan), and of course FFVII.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Well I’m not saying opening up pre-orders 1yr in advanced, but most games are pretty much finished now
    Most games are not even finished when they start selling them.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Have NHL and Fallout on my preorder. Cant decide on a 3rd game, would be a lot easier if more had actual release dates. Not big on the idea of preordering a game that could take another year or more to release. Thanks for posting this CascadeFilly

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm a Nintendo guy, so getting Xenoblade Chronicles X (huge fan) at a discount is nice. Considering it is already out in Japan (just waiting on the American translation) and getting strong reviews means it's pretty safe compared to other options on the gaming market these days.

Was going to get the Fire Emblem game, but with having 2 versions for Japan and the 1 option on Amazon, need to know more details before I am comfortable with that...

Was going to get Yoshi's Woolly World (for my youngest brother, as a present at this rate) and then Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (because that series is always fun) anyways, so might as well do 30% off...

Generally I wouldn't do pre-orders though, but Nintendo are pretty good at giving a ton of info (the first one released in Japan, 2nd one sounded close to finished, 3rd one in the starting stages though...), and seem to me to be less likely to shaft it ala EA or others.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)