Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Injuries

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Tampa Bay Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    It is completely unacceptable for the last three games of the Final - the biggest showcase of the sport - to be 2-1, 2-1, 2-0. People call soccer boring, but that is even lower than the average soccer score - completely unacceptable. We need to change the equipment first and foremost.
    The evolution of the way the game is played and coached is completely unacceptable?

Sounds like someone is begging for the 80s to return.

I for one enjoy the current state of the game. If a hard-fought close game between talented teams doesn't whet your appetite enough, there are other offense-driven sports to watch. Basketball comes to mind. They score every 20 seconds - that ought to tide you over.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Stud

What's wrong with a low scoring final? If both goalies are playing well and making key saves, thats awesome. It's like a pitchers duel in baseball. I personally find it a treat to watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    What's wrong with a low scoring final? If both goalies are playing well and making key saves, thats awesome. It's like a pitchers duel in baseball. I personally find it a treat to watch.
    the problem is most of the time they aren't playing that well (stealing games) - the puck just hits them.

Hockey needs more scoring or it will never pick up steam in the regions they want it to.

I don't want a return to the 80's. But we need more goals, for sure.

Dobber Sports Star

Make the nets bigger, sure. Make the pads smaller, sure. Restrictions on player size? Very stupid. No beards and no tall people please, this is hockey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Make the nets bigger, sure. Make the pads smaller, sure. Restrictions on player size? Very stupid. No beards and no tall people please, this is hockey.
    i agree it is extreme - it is a last resort if they want to be ignorant about the equipment issue

but there are height restrictions all the time - no player will get to play in the NHL if they are 5'4, for example.

Dobber Sports Titan

How many penalties were called per game in this yrs playoffs vs the last few? I feel like in the Stanley cup this yr they took their whistles away, and for sure in the last game. Regular season game there were 2 easy pickoffs. 1 Coburn clearly interfered with the Hawks player (Saad I think) at the players bench. It was a break away saving penalty prolly, but wasn’t called. There was the “playing outside of the traps” not called a few times, there was too-many-men not called that could have been. Tampa shot it right at the bench and hit a players skate when changing, which by the book is a penalty. Just wasn’t called.

I know they don’t call a lot in the playoffs, but it would be interesting to see the trend the last few yrs
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Hold up guys, I think I see where Big Ev is going with this. We should divide the NHL into three distinct leagues. One for shorties under 5'9", the second for guys taller than that but shorter than 6'4", then a third league for the Amazons over 6'4". Consider this "mammoth" team:
    G: Bishop
    D: Chara, Myers
    F: B. Boyle, Bjugstad, J. Hayes
    That's a lotta beef...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

How is outlandish? Hockey has become a snoozefest because goalies - even the ones who aren't stars - are too good. The last three games of the Final were 2-1, 2-1, and 2-0. They have to do SOMETHING to increase goal scoring. They cannot continue with this downward trend of goals. They have to change SOMETHING in regards to the goalies. Most people agree with this but it seems the NHL doesn't care. Offense brings people to the games.

Same thing applies to Crawford here. Not just Bishop. They need to change something, and fast.

The only thing that would make sense is equipment restrictions. I would like to see that. Crawford looks ridiculous in his pads... they're gigantic.

But suggesting they set height restrictions is a joke. That's literally unconstitutional and illegal, so good luck getting support on that idea. NEXT!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    there was too-many-men not called that could have been. Tampa shot it right at the bench and hit a players skate when changing, which by the book is a penalty. Just wasn’t called.
    This is wrong. A skater needs to "play" the puck with a stick, skate or hands or a skater needs to check or make physical contact with an opposing player for it to be "too many men on the ice". If the puck hits him, it is not a violation of the rules. This is a common misconception.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is wrong. A skater needs to "play" the puck with a stick, skate or hands or a skater needs to check or make physical contact with an opposing player for it to be "too many men on the ice". If the puck hits him, it is not a violation of the rules. This is a common misconception.
    From the Live view I had I (and remembering 2 days ago) the player was stopping wasn’t he? Ref’s discretion on those if he “accidently on purpose” hit it while stopping or legit didn’t mean too.

If it didn’t hit him, then good job refs. But my point was they didn’t call penalties because it was the cup final, which bugs me. “Let the boys play” really grinds my gears if it’s hell breaking loose. I always wondered if they called penalties like they did in the regular season, how far would Washington go. Not just this yr, but the previous yrs when they were automatic on the PP.

Dobber Sports Guru

...but the way things are trending, what if a 7 foot humongous big goalie makes the NHL? He literally wouldn't have to move much.
    I've seen videos and read stories of teams that tried this sort of thing in practice*, with sumo wrestlers and what not. The problem is their lateral movement isn't great, so almost any side-to-side pass resulted in a goal. There's also the issue of whether a huge person like that could even pass a physical to play in the NHL.

*We talking about practice.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

If Bishop was 6'2 he wouldn't have played. When he is on his knees there are still few holes. NHL needs to decrease the size of equipment or place height restrictions on goalies.
    What height would be a fair restriction?

There are only 13 goalies listed as being 6'4 or taller in the NHL.
    9 listed at 6'3
    21 who are listed at 6'2

So even if the league wanted to say 6'2 or shorter then that puts 22 goalies out of a job. No way the NHLPA would ever agree to a restriction like this.

http://www.tsn.ca/mclennan-size-does...alies-1.119242

Dobber Sports Titan

Dobber Sports Ninja

lol, LOVE this!! Only allow goalies under 5'10"!! Bring back Darren Pang!!!!

Administrator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust