Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Av's listening to offers on O'Reilly

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Av's listening to offers on O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Oreily is the exact type of player every team needs to win a championship. Easily going to be worth his money in my opinion. He's the Patrice Bergeron of the west. I would give him 7 mill for the max amount of years if that's what it takes
    .....as far as top western centers go ROR is a long way down my list....

Toews, Getz, Kopitar, Monohan, Couture, Spezza all much better imo
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    .....as far as top western centers go ROR is a long way down my list....

Toews, Getz, Kopitar, Monohan, Couture, Spezza all much better imo
    Thats because those guys are all pretty much 1C's (with the exception of Spezza).

ROR is not a 1C and shouldn't be paid like one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

He also plays wing a lot of the time. He definitely can be a #1 centre and a guy like Spezza isn't even remotely close in terms of value to a team. He's so underrated, i.e. the Bergeron of the west. It's been proven you don't need a huge scorer to be your top center anymore.

Dobber Sports Stud

Oh my fault I thought you were saying he was a top western center with the Bergeron reference.....I see what you were saying now....just an underrated great two way center that's strong on the dot and never takes a stupid penalty....I agree by that comparison...

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

And you are spot on with salary BigEv.....the AVS know this too....I mean the Blues gave Statsny 7 mil just last year.....ROR can get the same so either pay him or deal him for something before you are left empty handed

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    And you are spot on with salary BigEv.....the AVS know this too....I mean the Blues gave Statsny 7 mil just last year.....ROR can get the same so either pay him or deal him for something before you are left empty handed
    And how well did the Avs do after Stastny left? The Avs aren't the same team after he left and they proved that this past season.

I doubt we would be saying that if ROR leaves.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And how well did the Avs do after Stastny left? The Avs aren't the same team after he left and they proved that this past season.

I doubt we would be saying that if ROR leaves.
    Are you thinking that Stastny is a more valuable player than ROR? I'd strongly disagree with that sentiment.

7M is a lot, but like others have said, if you're going to overpay someone (and really, it wouldn't be much of an overpayment), it might as well be for a player of ROR's calibre, and for what he brings to the table. From my viewings, ROR is a very effective player.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Are you thinking that Stastny is a more valuable player than ROR? I'd strongly disagree with that sentiment.

7M is a lot, but like others have said, if you're going to overpay someone (and really, it wouldn't be much of an overpayment), it might as well be for a player of ROR's calibre, and for what he brings to the table. From my viewings, ROR is a very effective player.
    You can disagree but the proof was in the pudding this past year. One of the main reasons the Avs stuggled this year was because they were missing Stastny and it's not just me who see's this. This is not just my opinion.

If ROR was really that important to the team, he would have been able to step up his game and take on the responsibility that Stastny left behind (along with MacKinnon and Duchene). ROR actually went backwards this past year (like many Avs did this past year). If you don't think Stastny had a big part of that decline, you are not watching enough Avalanche games.

I just don't think he is nearly as important as people seem to think he is, nor is he worth the money he thinks HE is worth.

Dobber Sports Expert

60 pt guy right now. Give him a shot on a #1 line with some talent and see what happens

Dobber Sports Genius

You can disagree but the proof was in the pudding this past year. One of the main reasons the Avs stuggled this year was because they were missing Stastny and it's not just me who see's this. This is not just my opinion.

If ROR was really that important to the team, he would have been able to step up his game and take on the responsibility that Stastny left behind (along with MacKinnon and Duchene). ROR actually went backwards this past year (like many Avs did this past year). If you don't think Stastny had a big part of that decline, you are not watching enough Avalanche games.

I just don't think he is nearly as important as people seem to think he is, nor is he worth the money he thinks HE is worth.
    Everyone saw Colorado's collapse coming from a mile away, and it wasn't because of Stastny's departure.

Dobber Sports Stud

These are the best posts in my view.....I love it when there are opposing views......nothing's more boring then a post were everyone just goes....^^^^^

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Expert

Over to you Axe

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think it matter much what I have to say. The Avalanche are a disappointing, mediocre team and Ryan O'Reilly is worth $7M+ because he's awesome.

I know what I believe and others feel the way they do. I am not going to beat my head against wall trying to change their minds.

Dobber Sports Genius

The Avalanche are a disappointing, mediocre team and Ryan O'Reilly is worth $7M+ because he's awesome.
    Come on, you're better than that.

In the interest of no one putting words in my mouth, I think the Avs are a young team with wavering effort levels, poor defense, and some exciting young talent. I get to see them a fair bit in the Central. I see ROR as a young, strong, versatile two-way forward, who I'd wager is worth around 6M in today's NHL, but if a team paid him 7M, there are worse ways to "waste" that 1M. Just my opinion. I know nothing of the guy's character or anything like that. I just like what I see when I watch him play.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    I know nothing of the guy's character or anything like that.
    So let's see what his father says about him

This is not about money and never has been. As you know you don’t build team based on dollars. If you did then the people with the most expensive players would be our champion . You build a team on its character. Ryan is not a superstar based on skill but character. I know this for a fact the players he was yesterday will not be the player he was tomorrow he will continue to grow learn and thrive .The world values it less and less, yet everyone is looking for those players that eat sleep and drink the game and are unselfish plus compete because they are intrinsically motivated for excellence. This is another trait humankind is slowly losing!
    I know it's his own son and i can't expect him to be reasonable, but it's seems like O'Reilly is the savior of the universe. Now we know why he gets so much money, you need one out of 30 to buy all this.