Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lethonen on the block?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Lethonen on the block?

So, the news come from the Edmonton journal.....

Despite GM Jim Nill's assertions that Kari Lehtonen won't be moved there are still sources that say the Stars are shopping their number one goalie.
    The Edmonton Oilers are believed to be in the market for a netminder, so Lehtonen could be an option. According to rumors, the Oilers have also been linked to Robin Lehner and John Gibson, but David Staples of the Edmonton Journal believes the Oilers would be better off signing pending unrestricted free agent Karri Ramo.
    Source: Edmonton Journal
    mer., juin 10 2015 14:10
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Lethonen on the block?

so many goalies available. terrible summer to try and move one.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    so many goalies available. terrible summer to try and move one.
    Agree....and I'm not sure any names in the article would be an immediate upgrade for Lethonen...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Genius

Lethonen (an his entire salary) for a 6th round pick?

/Did I just type that with a straight face, wow!/
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Deity

Jim Nill has come out and said they are not shopping him.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2015...ight-now.html/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Jim Nill has come out and said they are not shopping him.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2015...ight-now.html/
    I hadn't heard he was being shopped and actually got the impression that he is quite popular in Dallas.
    There are lots of capable net minders available out there but I would be surprised if Lehtonen were truly one of them.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

I would have to say Lehtonen is in the same tier as Luongo. Not old, not young, not great, not bad. However, I would in no way see Lehtonen being shopped. If the right deal came along, well ya sure he can be traded (no man is untradeable) but 5 seasons in a row with starting over 75% (I think it’s closer to 78%) with pretty solid numbers even considering their d-core is…um….lacking(?). I personally think he’s safe, unless a “blow-my-socks-off” deal came along. And with no young upcoming goalie, Dallas would want a goalie back, and Scrivens isn’t one, they’d want some D, Oilers don’t have that.

If Lehtonen were to be traded, Oilers don’t have the things the Stars need.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

I can't see them shopping Lehtonen without an heir-apparent being ready and waiting. That heir-apparent isn't anywhere in the organization at this point.

Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense, unless the other party has a starting-caliber goaltender to send back in the deal.

RETIRED

Banned

a reputable poster on HFBoards says Dallas is the team who has been most aggressive in pursuing Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    a reputable poster on HFBoards says Dallas is the team who has been most aggressive in pursuing Robin Lehner
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were pursuing Lehner or Lack, particularly Lack (fingers-crossed!). But I can't see them moving Lehtonen unless they get Lack. And I can't see the 'Nucks taking Kari back in the deal.

I don't think Lehner is ready for the #1 yet, but he'd definitely be that heir-apparent that I referred to.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Deity

That doesn't mean they are looking to move Lehtonen. It could just mean they are looking to stabilize their back up position, much like they did last year when they traded for Enroth.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm not sure I'd be moving Lehtonen for Lehner. What's the point? Save a little $$$ maybe, but it's a step backward for a team on the rise. Dallas isn't all that bad- they make a few moves here and there and they are in very good position to make a deep run.

If Dallas had a Petr Mrazek type in the sytem to where they could turn to and move out the $$$ veteran then that's one thing, but with nothing really behind Lehtonen I can't see them moving him for unknown results. With Lehtonen they know what they will get and he's a pretty solid goaltender.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I'm not sure I'd be moving Lehtonen for Lehner. What's the point? Save a little $$$ maybe, but it's a step backward for a team on the rise. Dallas isn't all that bad- they make a few moves here and there and they are in very good position to make a deep run.

If Dallas had a Petr Mrazek type in the sytem to where they could turn to and move out the $$$ veteran then that's one thing, but with nothing really behind Lehtonen I can't see them moving him for unknown results. With Lehtonen they know what they will get and he's a pretty solid goaltender.
    if you wouldn't want them to get Lehner then it doesn't really make sense that you would want them to turn to a guy like Mrazek either. Unless you mean they wouldn't have a backup who they could turn to either which I would agree with.

As per Friedman, apparently, they want to ship Lehtonen and know they aren't going to get much.

Dobber Sports Monster

Who do you suggest will start for them if they move Lehtonen? They have SOME cap space available so I would think moving him to save $$ isn't really a pressing need.
    In fact they need Lehtonen IMO but furthermore, need to secure a backup goalie. Enroth is the only in-house option right now unless they view Campbell as being ready, which I don't think he is. They are in the market for a backup but do not believe in the market for both a starter to replace Lehtonen AND a backup.

if you wouldn't want them to get Lehner then it doesn't really make sense that you would want them to turn to a guy like Mrazek either. Unless you mean they wouldn't have a backup who they could turn to either which I would agree with.

As per Friedman, apparently, they want to ship Lehtonen and know they aren't going to get much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Who do you suggest will start for them if they move Lehtonen? They have SOME cap space available so I would think moving him to save $$ isn't really a pressing need.
    In fact they need Lehtonen IMO but furthermore, need to secure a backup goalie. Enroth is the only in-house option right now unless they view Campbell as being ready, which I don't think he is. They are in the market for a backup but do not believe in the market for both a starter to replace Lehtonen AND a backup.
    if they move Lehtonen they are obviously going to trade for another goalie to start