Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Dobber Forums Mock Draft

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: 2015 Dobber Forums Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I think is team is gonna get a real good value pick if they get Konecny outside the top 12 or so. He had a "down"-ish year but he was always considered an outstanding prospect, drafted ahead of Marner and Strome in the OHL, and has been a captain at most levels. It reminds me of Lazar's situation in his draft year.
    there r gonna be tons of really good value picks this year. there are a lot of possible future all stars that won't go till the 2nd-3rd rounds, the draft is so incredibly deep. i just think that 1. there are better players available at 12 than konecny, and 2. crouse fits like butter on bread in dallas. he's just what they r missing. they've got tons of D prospects, they have super high skill players, they're just missing that big power forward who makes room for those skill players. could u imagine him on a line with benn and seguin. just think how much better benn and seguin will become when they have crouse clearing out space for them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    there r gonna be tons of really good value picks this year. there are a lot of possible future all stars that won't go till the 2nd-3rd rounds, the draft is so incredibly deep. i just think that 1. there are better players available at 12 than konecny, and 2. crouse fits like butter on bread in dallas. he's just what they r missing. they've got tons of D prospects, they have super high skill players, they're just missing that big power forward who makes room for those skill players. could u imagine him on a line with benn and seguin. just think how much better benn and seguin will become when they have crouse clearing out space for them.
    good points but I think at that spot they should just go with who they think is the BPA (and in that case it may be Crouse for them) and not what they currently need. Who knows what they will need in 2-3 years when that prospect is ready? Maybe Nichuskin becomes that power forward and suddenly they're looking for a #2C, skilled winger, or offensive d-man. I think you can draft for need when you're drafting at the top.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I truly wanted to take Pavel Zacha for the Stars at #12, but with him going a few picks earlier I had to change the plan. With Hanifin, Provorov, and Werenski already gone there the idea of adding to the defensive depth wasn't there either and I didn't see anyone worth the reach at #12. I really like Konecny and think that his down year was just that, a down year. He can bring solid value to the top 6 in Dallas and could allow Benn and Seguin to slide into their natural wing positions as they often do post faceoff.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Banned

just for the record, there are no current time limits as I'm sure we will get through the upcoming picks quickly

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by nosoffsn View Post
    I truly wanted to take Pavel Zacha for the Stars at #12, but with him going a few picks earlier I had to change the plan. With Hanifin, Provorov, and Werenski already gone there the idea of adding to the defensive depth wasn't there either and I didn't see anyone worth the reach at #12. I really like Konecny and think that his down year was just that, a down year. He can bring solid value to the top 6 in Dallas and could allow Benn and Seguin to slide into their natural wing positions as they often do post faceoff.
    i'm sure the stars would take zacha if he was available, even more so than crouse. they have a history of taking a chance with players with huge potential with question marks.

Banned

Now we're getting into the picks where I really don't know much about the players haha.

Cascade, you're up!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I can't believe the Kylington freefall.... It reminds me of Teravainen's or Forsberg's fall come draft day.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I can't believe the Kylington freefall.... It reminds me of Teravainen's or Forsberg's fall come draft day.
    But with Kylington, the "experts" are seeing his fall before the draft. It's been building (or slipping) before the draft. Didn't Teravainen and Forsberg slide AT the draft? People didn't quite see that one coming with those two. I can't remember if that's how it went with Teravainen or not but I do remember everyone being surprised that Forsberg slipped as far as he did. Kinda like Kapanen last year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

yeah I don't trust Kylington 100%. I considered him for Ottawa's pick and I think they could consider him because they probably might just want the player with the most pure offensive skill (him or Sprong) but he's just falling way too much. Looks like he just hasn't improved at all this year according to scouts. Some are saying he might not even be a first rounder. A team like Ottawa or Detroit or the later teams could afford to take him though.

if I'm trying to nab the next Karlsson, I want the guy who shoots up the rankings. Which is Joel Eriksson Ek at forward this year.

Banned

We're rolling along, nice picks people. I was looking at White but know nothing about him and his name seemed to boring

Dobber Sports Deity

yeah I don't trust Kylington 100%. I considered him for Ottawa's pick and I think they could consider him because they probably might just want the player with the most pure offensive skill (him or Sprong) but he's just falling way too much. Looks like he just hasn't improved at all this year according to scouts. Some are saying he might not even be a first rounder. A team like Ottawa or Detroit or the later teams could afford to take him though.

if I'm trying to nab the next Karlsson, I want the guy who shoots up the rankings. Which is Joel Eriksson Ek at forward this year.
    I won't be surprised if they call his name on draft day. That's who I have them taking in my mock draft in the other thread.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

With their 1st pick, 22th overall, Washington are proud to select from Portland in WHL Paul Bittner (LW)
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Icon

I was looking at White but know nothing about him and his name seemed to boring
    This is exactly why a team like Minnesota drafted him. He joins the likes of Ryan Suter, Ryan Carter, Justin Fontaine, Matt Dumba, Jared Spurgeon, Kurtis Gabriel, Brett Sutter, Alex Tuch on the "most boring team in hockey".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

guys lets not forget to pm the next person in line, i didnt get one or i'd have picked sooner.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    guys lets not forget to pm the next person in line, i didnt get one or i'd have picked sooner.
    Well?..we're waiting!!!!