Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drouin unhappy in Tampa Bay?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Drouin unhappy in Tampa Bay?

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, Teravainen played against men for a couple years over in Europe before coming over.. Drouin wasn't as lucky.. Drouin was still junior age this year so either had to play in the NHL or CHL.. Drouin won't be Alex Daigle, that's a brutal comparison.. Drouin is definitely a buy low right now in fantasy leagues!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

Drouin is going to be fine. People are making a bigger deal of this than it is. Drouin asking his coach for a chance to play is exactly what I want from him. Cooper also had the perfect response when he told JD that his time would come, and to be patient.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 4m4 minutes ago

Good chance Jonathan Drouin plays tonight.

Here's your chance kid.

Dobber Sports Deity

Its one thing to throw him in there, but if he's bound for the 4th line, don't expect much from him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Although it looks like the Lightning will be going with substantially the same lineup in Game 2 as they iced in Game 1 of the Cup finals, Jonathan Drouin may get a chance to play.
    Drouin is scheduled to take warmups prior to the start of the contest and a decision about his status will be made at that time. Jonathan Marchessault, Vladislav Namestnikov, and Mark Barberio will all continue being healthy scratches Saturday night.
    Source: Joe Smith Twitter
    sam., juin 06 2015 10:59
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Star

I don't know if he's unhappy, but I'm unhappy for him. He should be playing and getting valuable experience, not watching from up there.

Dobber Sports Expert

Drouin is playing tonight. I'm curios what he will show.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, he showed why the coach has little faith in him. Watching him in the first period, Drouin looked fantastic offensively, BUT after three or four moves, Toews stripped him of the puck and nearly sent a Hawk in for a breakaway. Then later in the first stanza, Drouin couldn't get the puck out of the defensive zone and it led directly to a great scoring chance for Chicago. Definitely high risk, hopefully high reward. Man, you sure can see flashes of what he is going to bring offensively - he's going to be a stud, but he has defensive warts that need to be addressed before the coach can employ him without worry.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

people need to stop acting like it's guaranteed he will be a stud because of his prospect/draft pedigree. Who knows what will happen but to say "he will be fine" and just leave it at that is not looking at this the right way. There are a lot of holes to his game like a Nikita Filatov.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    people need to stop acting like it's guaranteed he will be a stud because of his prospect/draft pedigree. Who knows what will happen but to say "he will be fine" and just leave it at that is not looking at this the right way. There are a lot of holes to his game like a Nikita Filatov.
    Big Ev does have a point here, only time will tell guys!! I'm still holding out hope as I feel Drouin is much more talented then Filatov ever was.. But we can't jump all over Big Ev right now for his opinion..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ultimately Drouin is logjammed, so there's no real pressure to give him quality ice-time at the moment.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Kinda like Lehner eh?

Dobber Sports Titan

I would love to see Drouin go end-to-end on a Tampa change and see him undress TT, and blow by Keith and snipe. Just a short side roof daddy snipe too.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Ultimately Drouin is logjammed, so there's no real pressure to give him quality ice-time at the moment.
    Shouldn't be a problem going forward. It's painful to watch Callahan collect a $6 mil salary and steal oxygen in that city.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    It's painful to watch Callahan collect a $6 mil salary and steal oxygen in that city.
    Are you disappointed in his play?

He has been awesome in the finals. Four points, a 60.68 CF%, 65.45 SCF%, 19 hits, 12 shots, +25 in on-ice shot differential.

Not sure what else could be asked of a guy with an "A" who regularly plays third line minutes with limited power-play time on the second unit.