Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rick Nash to be traded?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rick Nash to be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Nash had 7 points in the Rangers last 4 playoff games....just saying.

I would be very surprised if the Rangers moved him. The cap is an issue I guess, but overall he's been great in New York...he's had two of his best seasons since joining the team.
    Didn’t he get 4 points in 1 game tho?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Nash would be a monster with Getzlaf and Perry. Then again, I could score 11 goals a year with Getzlaf banking pucks off my shins.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Then again, I could score 11 goals a year with Getzlaf banking pucks off my shins.
    isn't that perrys job. lol.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Nash would be a monster with Getzlaf and Perry. Then again, I could score 11 goals a year with Getzlaf banking pucks off my shins.
    The ducks cap space is a peach. I think they would be front runners if anything materialized here. I think if he was insulated by other big names who also carry big expectations, he'd be fine. Even in the playoffs. I'd try to keep Getz/Perry on line one and try Nash with Kesler on the line two at the beginning though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Backstrom, Ovi, Nash. WOW.
    There aren't enough shots to go around between those two... and Nash would be the one who takes a back seat obviously.

Personally, I think Nash in Florida would be a great fit. He would probably make them a playoff team.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    isn't that perrys job. lol.
    Haha, touche! Perry has enough skill to get the 11 bank jobs and another 30 by his own accord. I'm stuck with the 11 gifts.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm leaning towards Nash staying in NY and them moving a Dman to clear cap space. Mack/Girardi/Staal/Yandle is a pretty pricey top 4. Throw in Boyle and Klein and they have a lot of cash tied up on the back end. Easier to move a dman to make space and pick up a rental at the deadline if they feel they need more depth than to try and match Nash's goals up front by committee imo.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Stud

Highly doubtful Nash gets traded after he scored a career high number of goals. NY needs offense in a big way and the Nashster provides that.

Its mostly the local newspapers trying to sell copies which print stories about trading the leading goal scorer. The hotter rumor is that Slats is thinking about retiring as GM and handing the job to Gorton.

I think the only way Rick Nash is traded is if another team simply blows them away with an offer.

While the cap situation is potentially troublesome it can be solved by letting Martin Saint Louis leave, finding a way to move Dan Boyle somehow and probably not buying too much of Stepan`s UFA window. The back end of the bottom six forwards will be filled from the AHL.

McD, Girardi and Staal are not going anywhere. Yandle`s salary is being somewhat paid by Arizona but NY will have to decide how much money they want to commit to him as he is a free agent at the end of next season. Klein plays the right side which is a need for the club going forward too.

The no brainer decision is to pry Dan Boyle out of the lineup. As a guy 35+ with a NMC its going to be a challenge to find a dance partner. Maybe somewhere he wants to go, in a perfect world NY packages him with an incentive and hopes to get Ottawa to take the hometown boy, but why in gods name would they want him ? Don`t see Tampa wanting him either, but where else would he want to go ? Maybe they can get him a job at the NHL offices and he chooses retirement ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.