Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Winter season rant:

-People who are mad at Starbucks for not having “Merry Christmas” written on it this yr. it’s never said that anyways.
    -“This is Canada! It’s Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays!” You can be Canadian and not be Christian. Mind blowing I know.
    -“Oh look, KFC has a Christmas tree up…better go tell them to take it down because it’s not something I celebrate”. I know it’s contradicting to what I said above. But the world is ‘give and take’. I don’t like the people who are upset that someone believes in something else try and normalize the world. “I’m upset because you believe in something I don’t believe in. Make it generic!” vs “I’m upset you want me to be generic because you don’t believe what I believe in”. Seems contradicting to me.
    -Just because I don’t want to bring in some crappy baked goods to work doesn’t make me a Christmas/Holiday hater. Means I like you enough to not risk you dying from my cooking.
    -“First snow fall. Better drive 10km/hr on the highway”.
    -“First snow fall. Better not brush the snow off my car, the wind will take it off when I drive.”
    -I was told I was being disrespectful for putting up Christmas lights prior to Remembrance day. No, I’m just busy from now till December. I’ll keep them off until Dec 1st, but I wanted to get them up before snowfall.
    -The Bay’s website with in-store quantity. I want a Grey London Fog Pea coat and they don’t have my size in store, and their website won’t say what store has it in stock.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I was told I was being disrespectful for putting up Christmas lights prior to Remembrance day. No, I’m just busy from now till December. I’ll keep them off until Dec 1st, but I wanted to get them up before snowfall.
    Where the hell did this come from? I see it all over Facebook and it feels to me like some people just have to control what others do. In what world does putting up Christmas lights...CHRISTMAS LIGHTS(!) get equated with disrespecting veterans? No one has been able to explain this to me when I challenge them WHY it is disrespectful. Is it because some people can only focus on ONE thing at a time (remember the dentist who killed a lion...legally, or that poor kid the media made a big deal about washing up on the shore, ignoring the hundreds of people who died in the previous month)? Complete B.S.

More things that IRK me today:

Why is everyone so angry on the roads and in the stores? It's getting worse.

Get off your damn phones when you are in public. Look up when you are walking or someone might drop a shoulder into your chest and put you on your butt.

Stop taking selfies and photos of riots, accident scenes, people getting beaten up and HELP PEOPLE who need it for Christ's sake.

Rude or unhappy people working in the customer service industy (waiters, clerks, etc.). If you don't like your job, find something better that more suits your disposition and then quit the job you so obviously hate.

Cyclists.

People who drive trucks/large vehicles who complain about gas prices.

Why isn't their a font for sarcasm?

Tournament of Champions on Jeopardy. The questions are harder and it makes me feel stupider (yes, I really said stupider).

Bullies.

Tall people who think they are tough because they are tall. Dealt with this one all my life. Yes, I probably have small man syndrome, but I don't take guff from a person who thinks he's tougher than someone simply because he is taller. Now, if they can bench press a car, I'll tread a little more carefully, but I've used my lack of height as an internal motivator, especially in sports.

People who spend 10 minutes cruising up and down a parking lot looking for a spot that is close to the door, when they could have just gone directly to the far end of the lot, parked and walked (bonus exercise) in half the time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

you guys are angry..........solid posts........now go take a soak.....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Tall people who think they are tough because they are tall. Dealt with this one all my life. Yes, I probably have small man syndrome, but I don't take guff from a person who thinks he's tougher than someone simply because he is taller. Now, if they can bench press a car, I'll tread a little more carefully, but I've used my lack of height as an internal motivator, especially in sports.
    People who want to fight me because i'm tall. This happens all the time when i'm at a bar. I was in a university bar because i had a friend at that university. I've been at the bar when i was in yr one (19yrs old), and all the way till i was 23. So i was 23, and this 19yr old punk deliberately bumps into me once to get me to try and start a fight, i don't and he does it harder knocking my drink out of my hand and says this thing like, "just cause your tall!". i don't like how everyone expects me to fight them in a bar lol.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    People who want to fight me because i'm tall. This happens all the time when i'm at a bar. I was in a university bar because i had a friend at that university. I've been at the bar when i was in yr one (19yrs old), and all the way till i was 23. So i was 23, and this 19yr old punk deliberately bumps into me once to get me to try and start a fight, i don't and he does it harder knocking my drink out of my hand and says this thing like, "just cause your tall!". i don't like how everyone expects me to fight them in a bar lol.
    Unfortunately, I've heard that stuff happens. That's shitty for someone to pull that crap. I guess they feel like they need to prove themselves and are clearly lacking something in their lives. I always like seeing the guy who is obviously looking for a fight, get knocked out by the guy he picked on.

For the record, I don't expect you to fight me in a bar, but hey, you know, what are YOU looking at punk...sorry, got carried away.

Dobber Sports Ace

Smokers who exhale a large puff of smoke in my face or in someone else's face when in a crowd. Is it illegal to spit in their face? Shouldn't be.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Unfortunately, I've heard that stuff happens. That's shitty for someone to pull that crap. I guess they feel like they need to prove themselves and are clearly lacking something in their lives. I always like seeing the guy who is obviously looking for a fight, get knocked out by the guy he picked on.

For the record, I don't expect you to fight me in a bar, but hey, you know, what are YOU looking at punk...sorry, got carried away.
    I usually just laugh at them and turn and continue dancing with the girl I’m usually with.

Only time where I’ve actually got into a scuffle the guy threw his drink in my general direction after trying to act tough and the glass hit my gf at the time. I just put him to the ground and my knee into the back of his neck until security came. I was able to stay by saying security didn’t do their job and wouldn’t defuse the situation on their own and because of their tardiness someone could have seriously been hurt (gf getting hit by a glass).

Hockey last night I got pulled into the oppositions goalie, and he hit me like 3 or 4 times in the face with his blocker (I wear a half visor) and I got a penalty for Goalie Interference. I asked the ref why the goalie didn’t get something, a blocker to the face hurts like hell and he should get something. He said, “you’re tall guy, can’t handle a blocker to the face?”. Arghh…just got to shake my head and laugh it off.

Dobber Sports Monster

Last time I went to the bar someone tried to fight me. It was one of my friends lol. I walked in and he smiled and shook my hand and said HEY MAN! 2 hours later at closing time I walked out and he was standing outside and said he was going to kick my ass. He was wasted of course. I was buzzed and just looked at him. I feel uneasy leaving the bar at closing time because of all the younger gentlemen want to get rowdy it seems like.

What really annoys the heck out of me is after a UFC event at the bar and everyone thinks theyre a UFC fighter. I remember GSP just beat someone (cant remember who off hand) and a guy outside the bar was looking at me and saying WHAT....WHAT...WHAT with his hands spread out. Just got out of there because he looked like he was ready to sucker me. Didnt even know who he was, was a lot bigger than me is all I know lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Great list Comish.

I agree about the Tournament of Champions. Hell, I don't even watch those anymore. And I don't play Jeopardy with my wife either. She's too fast. Plus, she's a history teacher so she knows a lot of stuff. If it were a written test it would be close but I can't match her speed. I had more fun when I was younger.

I tried DVRing some Jeopardy episodes and watching them first but it took her half an episode to realize what I did. I can't even win when cheating!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I tried DVRing some Jeopardy episodes and watching them first but it took her half an episode to realize what I did. I can't even win when cheating!
    hahah awesome, rep!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Sage

My wife sets the alarm clock 30 minutes before we have to get out of bed because she likes to ease her way into waking up. As soon I hear the alarm clock I am instantly up (I've never used a snooze alarm feature). Am I being unreasonable by saying that 30 minutes is excessive? I could go for 10 minutes.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

Yesterday I got home from work and I wanted to watch the Flyers/Kings game. Logged into GCL on my computer (scores turned off) and watched the first 5 minutes before deciding I would be more comfortable lying on my bed with the iPad. So I lie down and load up the GCL app, then see that it went to overtime just before I cover the score. That was close. I bring the iPad to my wife and ask her to turn off the scores. She checks, yup... no scores and hands it back. I grab it and go to start the game only to see the big headline "Flyers lose in shootout".

Dobber Sports Immortal

1. people who spoil things shows or movies.
    2. at a 4 way stop when the other driver clearly stops first.....yet still waives you ahead. People argue that it's nice of them....but it;s illogical. Half the time I'm not even looking.....why would I be

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    at a 4 way stop when the other driver clearly stops first.....yet still waives you ahead. People argue that it's nice of them....but it;s illogical. Half the time I'm not even looking.....why would I be
    I agree. I've always thought it was less them being nice and more of them not knowing how a 4 way stop works.

Oh, I want to add another thing to my irk list. People at work who always buy their lunch, then complain that they have no money. Really? I wonder why?

Administrator

People that always complain about how busy they are and come across like they think nobody else in the world has things to do.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust