Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NHL's Best and Worst trade of 2014-2015

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: NHL's Best and Worst trade of 2014-2015

Best trade: The Jackets trading for Leopold after his daughter wrote a letter saying it would be nice to have her daddy home.

Runner-up: The Panthers getting Jagr for a second and third. Jagr had great chemistry with some of the young guys, and ended up re-signing with Florida.

Depending on how far back we're looking to (do trades last summer count as they impacted this season?), then the Flyers trading Hartnell for Umberger and a fourth was probably the worst.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Good trade for Pittsburgh? Of course not. Bad trade for Anaheim? Of course not. But he was their 5th defenseman in terms of minutes played. So he most certainly is a third pairing guy. And he was largely traded because of off-ice issues.
    Never heart about that before. All i know is that he was traded because of his poor decisions on the ice. The guy really gave me headaches watching the Pens, so although i didn't like the trade, i can see why Rutherford did it.

Just found an interesting article about the Pens. Here's what Rutherford think about the trade now:

“If I had a chance to make that trade today, as we speak, I wouldn't make it,” Rutherford told Trib Total Media on Wednesday.
    In trading Despres, Rutherford acknowledged, then and now, that he could come to regret the move. But he wanted a right-handed shot and experience for the postseason.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Best trade: The Jackets trading for Leopold after his daughter wrote a letter saying it would be nice to have her daddy home.

Runner-up: The Panthers getting Jagr for a second and third. Jagr had great chemistry with some of the young guys, and ended up re-signing with Florida.

Depending on how far back we're looking to (do trades last summer count as they impacted this season?), then the Flyers trading Hartnell for Umberger and a fourth was probably the worst.
    +1 newf. 3 excellent suggestions.

No defined timeline for trades to count - but considering the odour from the Hartnell deal still lingers for Philly, I think it should count! Great call.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nice thread, YL.
    I agree Dubnyk was the best trade (for the Wild). The Wild have a great system in place and many average goalies have had flashes of looking good there.
    I think the worst trade was the Timonen trade (for CHI). Unless they were paying for Kimmo's lockerroom presence... then they got absolutely nothing back in this deal.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Never heart about that before. All i know is that he was traded because of his poor decisions on the ice. The guy really gave me headaches watching the Pens, so although i didn't like the trade, i can see why Rutherford did it.

Just found an interesting article about the Pens. Here's what Rutherford think about the trade now:

“If I had a chance to make that trade today, as we speak, I wouldn't make it,” Rutherford told Trib Total Media on Wednesday.
    In trading Despres, Rutherford acknowledged, then and now, that he could come to regret the move. But he wanted a right-handed shot and experience for the postseason.
    Yea, the full quote isn't so much "I wish I didn't trade him", as much as it was "I wish I would have waited and shopped him more, I should have been able to get more". End of the day, does Pittsburgh get further with Despres instead of Lovejoy? Probably not. Does Anaheim get knocked out sooner with Lovejoy instead of Despres? It's really not likely. So the trade ultimately amounts to "inconsequential" for both sides.

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jagr deal worked out pretty well for Florida. The Panthers didn`t need more picks although I suppose one could arge more opportunities to grab players is a good thing, but the results JJ got out of Huberdeau et al is at least worth considering.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.