Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will someone (finally) field an Offer sheet (for Dougie Hamilton)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Will someone (finally) field an Offer sheet (for Dougie Hamilton)

Quote Originally Posted by BradyJets View Post
    That seems about right, Axe. I'd find it hard to fathom that someone would offer sheet Hamilton for more than the 6.728m/yr...possible, but they'd have to REALLY want him to lose a second 1st rounder.
    are there any contending teams that own all their picks next year and have cap space? someone has to have the balls to give hamilton a 6M offer.

Dobber Sports Master

CBJ have a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd this year and they will have just over $6m in cap space. Seems unlikely as that would not leave them any breathing room.
    The Flames have the picks and the cap space, but do they want to give up those picks? Unlikely. Maybe though.
    The Hurricanes have all their picks, but are quite unlikely to let them go.

I think that a player like Hamilton would get an offer sheet if everyone had picks and space, but that is not the case. I think the Flames are the most likely candidate. After the upcoming draft, you could have a few more contenders.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    CBJ have a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd this year and they will have just over $6m in cap space. Seems unlikely as that would not leave them any breathing room.
    The Flames have the picks and the cap space, but do they want to give up those picks? Unlikely. Maybe though.

I think that a player like Hamilton would get an offer sheet if everyone had picks and space, but that is not the case. I think the Flames are the most likely candidate. After the upcoming draft, you could have a few more contenders.
    Do you really think Brian Burke would offer up an offer sheet? After the Oilers-Ducks fiasco, I highly doubt it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Do you really think Brian Burke would offer up an offer sheet? After the Oilers-Ducks fiasco, I highly doubt it.
    +1

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If I'm a GM seriously contemplating throwing an offer sheet at Hamilton or someone else, I'm very wary of what the ramifications would be, other than having to part with draft picks. I get the feeling that utilizing an offer sheet isn't something that's done lightly in part due to the reputation a GM can acquire by using this measure. Of course it's fair game and completely legal, but I think taking this approach can "alienate" a GM somewhat concerning future trades. I bet Poile wasn't thrilled with Holmgren when the latter issued the offer sheet to Weber and we obviously all remember the feud between Burke and Lowe.

An offer sheet can certainly be a source of entertainment and double-edged sword. I think the Blackhawks would see one for Saad before the Bruins get one for Hamilton, but still, for cap-strapped teams it'll be interesting to see what happens this summer.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    BAHAHAHA!! Forgot about all that. hahaha good memories.

Dobber Sports Legend

Sea Bass would flat-out remove Chiarelli from this earth if he sheeted Dougie.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Sea Bass would flat-out remove Chiarelli from this earth if he sheeted Dougie.
    Hahaha! Oh man!

"Umm, oh...it was a terrible mistake sir...please oh believe me, I would never do anything to offend a man of your size"

"Kick his ass, Seabass!"

Classic stuff right there.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post

i am pretty sure an offer sheet wouldn't use 2015 picks. if it was 2015 picks then technically that player is still under contract in the 2015 season. so if a team were to offer sheet hamilton, he would be an RFA for the start of the 2015-2016 season, so you would have to give up your 2016 picks as compensation.

i could be wrong but thats how ive been interpreting it.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i am pretty sure an offer sheet wouldn't use 2015 picks. if it was 2015 picks then technically that player is still under contract in the 2015 season. so if a team were to offer sheet hamilton, he would be an RFA for the start of the 2015-2016 season, so you would have to give up your 2016 picks as compensation.

i could be wrong but thats how ive been interpreting it.
    This is definitely correct. There is no way a team could offer a new contract to someone that currently has a contract with another team. Any offer sheets would happen after July 1st so the picks involved will not be for 2015.

Dobber Sports Genius

Here comes Pete Chiarelli....

Dougie Hamilton is an intriguing candidate for an offer sheet.
    The restricted free agent hasn't started contract negotiations with the Bruins yet and it's believed that former Bruins GM and current GM of the Edmonton Oilers Peter Chiarelli has discussed the possibility of an offer sheet internally. Boston would probably match any offer, but the team is right up against the cap so the threat is there.
    Source: ESPN.com
    mer., juin 10 2015 18:27
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

There would be a player fire sale before Hamilton ever leaves Boston.

Sure an offersheet is a possibility to just screw with the Bruins cap problems, but to actually think the B's will take the picks and part with their next defensive superstar is absurd.

This isn't Dustin Penner we are talking about.

Plus Charaelli doesn't have the balls to do it!
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Plus Charaelli doesn't have the balls to do it!
    you would be surprised to see how far a fired employee would go to screw their previous employer, especially if it is totally legal lol.

oilers have nothing to lose, they could go 6M, even 6.5-7 for 5 years and it would probably still be worth it. bruins will almost guarenteed match it, and then have to part with someone like lucic.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    you would be surprised to see how far a fired employee would go to screw their previous employer, especially if it is totally legal lol.

oilers have nothing to lose, they could go 6M, even 6.5-7 for 5 years and it would probably still be worth it. bruins will almost guarenteed match it, and then have to part with someone like lucic.
    Exactly. Time will tell, but I won't hold my stale Oiler breath.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket