Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [rumour] Avalanche looking at bringing Radulov back to NHL?

Banned

Default Re: [rumour] Avalanche looking at bringing Radulov back to NHL?

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    In all seriousness, Radulov is an excellent player and any team would be lucky to have him if they get him playing a more disciplined game; taking less penalties and focusing a little more on the defensive side of the game.

He was the best player in the KHL this year by far, no one else was even close. 71 points in 46 games is amazing. Adding 143 PIM is just weird. The rest of the team wasn't very good but Radulov managed to carry them to the finals. Radulov even managed to make Stephane Da Costa look good but it was all because of Radulov. Also, Radulov was twice as good as Kovalchuk in my opinion.

Skill-wise, Radulov would be an elite player in the NHL. He could score 80 points but he needs his own team, he needs to be the center of attention. It needs to be Radulov's team or otherwise he's not giving all he has. I'm not sure anyone in the NHL is willing to give Radulov the type of freedom he needs to be successful, and that's why I think he'll stay in Russia where he gets to do whatever he wants. He's very emotional, he will take stupid penalties when things are not going well, he will lash out to his own teammates when they make a mistake. But when things are going well, few players in the world are better than him.

Radulov is pretty much the definition of high risk / high reward. There's a good chance other players will learn bad habits from him and when Radulov is in a bad mood, it will affect his teammates as well. But on a good day, he can carry a team on his shoulders.
    From what I've heard Da Costa influenced him as well. He is perfect for the KHL and has always been a high skill playmaking centre. He has always been a star, just not in the NHL, so it's inaccurate to say Radulov managed to make him look good.

Dobber Sports Titan

Playmakers need their snipers, snipers need their playmakers. I’m just curious if he’d have the drive to up his conditioning to what the NHL players have. KHL is very different and 50games in the KHL could be really 40NHL games. So will he tire out halfway through the yr? More than likely if he’s not dedicated, and he hasn’t shown that really in the past.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Nobody can question Radulov's talent - he oozes skill. I remember the first time I ever saw Radulov play, I was in Quebec City for my Honeymoon in April, 2006. I went to a game at the old Nordiques barn (Le Colisee) and was blown away by this "Radulov guy." I think he had 2 goals and like 4 assists in a 7-3 victory and was named 1st star - I was in awe. He immediately became one of my favorite young players in all of hockey. When he entered the league as a Pred, he was one of my favorite players in the NHL. Needless to say I've become so disappointed in him since - not in his game but in his attitude and selfishness.

So, yes, another NHL team will give him a shot because he's a super player. And he can (and will) produce in the NHL is given another shot. When I look at Radulov, I see a world class talent with a piss poor attitude.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    From what I've heard Da Costa influenced him as well. He is perfect for the KHL and has always been a high skill playmaking centre. He has always been a star, just not in the NHL, so it's inaccurate to say Radulov managed to make him look good.
    It's true that the KHL is much better for Da Costa than the NHL but in no way was Da Costa a star player in the KHL. He was a good complementary player to Radulov, they had good chemistry. Often times Da Costa wasn't even playing center on that line, he was used as a Left Wing while Igor Grigorenko was playing between the two. Da Costa had 62 points but if he was playing without Radulov, I'm thinking he would have been around 40 points. Still good totals, around point per game. But not a star player by any means.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have to figure that unless the KHL utterly implodes, it will still be the same-old Radulov as long as he has a safety net.

And it could very likely be the same-old Radulov regardless.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Star

Do you think he will actually come back or use this as leverage to squeeze the KHL. Even though the KHL is not doing well, my understanding is that the star players will still make huge money regardless, so I just wonder if he wants the hassle of jumping leagues again. He doesn't seem the type that feels the need to prove anything to the NHL so I'm not sure what his motivation would be. Not sure if he has gone on record about ever returning or not. I'll have a look and post if I find anything.

Assuming he does come back, how would you rank him? Maybe second tier stars like Voracek, Nash, etc.? I am trying to decide if he is worth stashing in reserves for the year.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Assuming he does come back, how would you rank him? Maybe second tier stars like Voracek, Nash, etc.? I am trying to decide if he is worth stashing in reserves for the year.
    All depends on where he lands and what toys he has to play with. Let's take the Avs - say he ends up on a line with Landeskog and MacKinnon - I think he could be good for 66-73 points. I wouldn't expect Voracek (78-85) type of numbers from him - I don't see Radulov being a PPG player in the NHL.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Expert

Can someone care to explain me Radulov's contract situation? The Preds own his rights ? So if he should go to the Avs, they'd have to trade for him ?
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Can someone care to explain me Radulov's contract situation? The Preds own his rights ? So if he should go to the Avs, they'd have to trade for him ?
    No, hes a UFA. He finished his contract with NAS and has no further obligation. Last year of his 4 year deal in the KHL then free to sign wherever.

EDIT: what the hell, grabbed him off the wire. We have a lot of rebuilding teams and maybe he makes a nice trade piece. I also may just park him for the year if I am not in it. In a perfect world, he buys out of his last year and jumps ship, but most likely he will just use this as leverage to get another huge payday from the K. Barring total league collapse, I can't see them letting their top player just walk away without offering the moon.

Won't be the first time I have been burned by Rads, but you never know.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Icon

Any more word on Rads and Colorado (or any other team for that matter)? I grabbed him off the ww for nothing (dropped Comeau) but he's taking up a spot on my bench.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Any more word on Rads and Colorado (or any other team for that matter)? I grabbed him off the ww for nothing (dropped Comeau) but he's taking up a spot on my bench.
    He was never coming over this summer, it was always about next summer. He still has one more year left on his contract.

Dobber Sports Master

Radulov might try and come back?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Because he bailed on the Preds not once but TWICE. Because he's an arrogant, self-centered and rude person (hence the behavior and the "hurry the Russian players off the ice during the Canadian National Anthem" act with his KHL buddies). I know the man has every right to play hockey anywhere in the world, for any team willing to pay his salary, but it's my "opinion" that if you bail on a league twice, each time hurting the club who drafted you, that you shouldn't be rewarded by the same league ever again. I think he's a team cancer and doesn't care about his teammates or the crest on the jersey. That's just my personal take and it's not worth anything, I know. I just "personally" hope no team lures him back to the NHL. You wanted the KHL so bad that you left the NHL twice? Fine, stay there. Don't come running back now because there's problems over there. And his buddy Kovalchuk can stay there with him please. I just hope Kovy tries to squirm his way back and 29 of the NHL teams "permit him back" but my Flyers are the 1 team that says, "Nope. Sorry!"
    If Shero allows Kovalchuk to take up a contract, and he opts to place him on the "Reserve" list he is permitted under the CBA to come back to the NHL whenever. He doesn't have to wait at all. If you have some dead roster weight in dynasty leagues, I would add Radulov / Kovy in hopes they come back after 15-16 when the KHL starts having serious trouble honoring big money contracts, and we hearken back to the days where the Red Army team was selling off players to the NHL to cover expenses.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    He's a good player and I would like to see him in the NHL instead of in Russia. He could probably be a good fit too with the Avs 2 young centers.
    Frankly, if I had those two young centers, I wouldn't want to risk Radulov f-ing up my room.

But he would be a good fit in NJ, where they have nothing and he can be the focus of attention.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Frankly, if I had those two young centers, I wouldn't want to risk Radulov f-ing up my room.

But he would be a good fit in NJ, where they have nothing and he can be the focus of attention.
    Yeah, I could see Kovalchuk and Radulov on the Devils in 2016-17. Stranger things have happened.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin