Thread: Anton Slepyshev wants to leave KHL to join Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Anton Slepyshev wants to leave KHL to join Edmonton Oilers

The Edmonton Oilers are going to have at least one first-overall selection in their lineup next season in Connor McDavid, but they could have another, as 2011 KHL first-overall pick Anton Slepyshev has told Salavat Yuleav Ufa GM’s Leonid Vaisfeld he wishes to play in North America next season.
    According to Igor Eronko of Sports.ru, Slepyshev informed Vaisfeld of his interest in playing for the Oilers in 2015-16. Vaisfeld said Salavat Yulaev, who lost in the first round of the KHL post-season, would like to keep Slepyshev for at least one more season and that the club has made him a contract offer.
    Slepyshev, who was selected in the third round, 88th overall, by the Oilers in 2013, is coming off of his first full professional season in the KHL after spending the past three seasons bouncing between the KHL and MHL, the Russian equivalent to the AHL. While it wasn’t an outstanding first season, Slepyshev did manage 10 goals and 25 points in 58 games and another two assists in five post-season games. Where Slepyshev did stand out, though, was in international competition.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Anton Slepyshev wants to leave KHL to join Edmonton Oilers

Selected 1st overall in the KHL draft has to make him somewhat appealing for poolsters, although, probably not for 2 or 3 years.

Dobber Sports Genius

Didn't he slip by a full season plus a couple rounds in his draft year because he was adamant about staying in Russia?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Didn't he slip by a full season plus a couple rounds in his draft year because he was adamant about staying in Russia?
    He was passed over in his first year of draft eligibility, yes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I remember being excited about him the first year he was draft eligible, but now not so much. He never really put up big points in the KHL and I was never that impressed watching him in international tournaments. Also with the Oilers depth where is the room to put him in the line up? I wonder if he would commit to AHL time. I think fantasy wise he would be worth monitoring

That is a lot of rumoured KHL players sure coming over! I guess the falling ruble has something to do with it.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Wizard

Slepyshev is pretty good defensively which is pretty rare for Russian wingers. I just don't see huge offensive upside in him. Could become a good 3rd liner or possibly even a 2nd liner playing a two-way role. A decent prospect but I'm not sure how long he's willing to play in the AHL before he goes back to Russia.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Official via Ryan Rishaug that Slepyshev has signed a three-year ELC with the Oilers.