Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is it possible Tampa bay would trade Stamkos

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Is it possible Tampa bay would trade Stamkos

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Jon Cooper is becoming one of the best coach in the league. I don't think Stamkos would leave his teammates and everything he's done in Tampa to start again just to play for a coach who might be just a little better than Babcock.
    based on salary, babcock is like 50x better than cooper.

based on that logic, clarkson is one of the best players in the world.

nevermind.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dbrzrk View Post
    This is a very good point, but the Babcock factor changes everything in my opinion.
    I don't see it. What has Babcock done with the Wings since 2009? They haven't made it out of the 2nd round. Babcock is not a miracle worker or Scotty Bowman - he is a very good coach who inherited a world class team and achieved with them. As the world class talent departed (Lidstrom) and aged (Datsyuk and Zetterberg) Babcock has been solid and consistent but far from spectacular. Forget about the Canadian Olympic teams - they were superpowers that any NHL head coach could have won gold with. I think Cooper is proving to be one of the better young coaches in the NHL, perhaps one of the better ones period.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I don't see it. What has Babcock done with the Wings since 2009? They haven't made it out of the 2nd round. Babcock is not a miracle worker or Scotty Bowman - he is a very good coach who inherited a world class team and achieved with them. As the world class talent departed (Lidstrom) and aged (Datsyuk and Zetterberg) Babcock has been solid and consistent but far from spectacular. Forget about the Canadian Olympic teams - they were superpowers that any NHL head coach could have won gold with. I think Cooper is proving to be one of the better young coaches in the NHL, perhaps one of the better ones period.
    By the same logic Bylsma should have done a lot better. To take guys like who were 80pt players and get them to play different roles entirely is what his coaching is about. After watching the Maple Leafs Redwings 24/7, it was obvious how dedicated and respected one coach was and the other wasn’t.

The difference between Babcock with the Leafs, and Cooper with the Lightning isn’t enough on coaches alone for him to move. But every NHL player has a ton of respect for Babcock, which is about 60% of the job title alone. Coach says jump, players should say how high.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post

detroit shouldnt have even made the playoffs this year, without babcock i see them finishing 9-11 in the east.

he also took tampa to 7, when most people thought it was one of the easiest to predict 1st round. montreal couldnt even do that. new york might not do that.

babcock did the best with what he had, better than most could have done. datsyuk and zetts often injured or not 100%, and a D group that is pretty subpar...i'm surprised they made the playoffs.

whether or not he is the best coach in the league is debatable. but he is still a damn good coach, and he still will be even when the leafs miss the playoffs the next few years.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This Toronto rebuild is gonna be quick. First Stamkos will go there, and then Tavares will join him the season after. Boom start planning the parades.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    This Toronto rebuild is gonna be quick. First Stamkos will go there, and then Tavares will join him the season after. Boom start planning the parades.
    Already got it covered. I saw Yonge st. blocked off to traffic this morning and blue/white ribbons going up.

I believe Stephen Harper is also in the process of instituting a new national holiday since we are now "Canada's Team".

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    By the same logic Bylsma should have done a lot better. To take guys like who were 80pt players and get them to play different roles entirely is what his coaching is about. After watching the Maple Leafs Redwings 24/7, it was obvious how dedicated and respected one coach was and the other wasn’t.

The difference between Babcock with the Leafs, and Cooper with the Lightning isn’t enough on coaches alone for him to move. But every NHL player has a ton of respect for Babcock, which is about 60% of the job title alone. Coach says jump, players should say how high.
    I'm sure many players have respect for Mike Babcock, I never said otherwise. But to automatically assume that elite, young players are suddenly looking to leave their situations for Toronto because of the "Babcock factor" is a bit extreme IMO. People purposely leave teams to play with guys like Gretzky and Lemieux, not a very good coach like Mike Babcock. I'm sure if a pending UFA is evaluating a team and situation, the coach plays a part, but he isn't some kind of magnificent draw unless the team itself gets SIGNIFICANTLY better.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Already got it covered. I saw Yonge st. blocked off to traffic this morning and blue/white ribbons going up.

I believe Stephen Harper is also in the process of instituting a new national holiday since we are now "Canada's Team".
    Question, were you a little damp when you woke up?? HaHaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..