Thread: Jacob Silfverberg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jacob Silfverberg

Sens fans must be rolling in their graves as Silfverberg now has 11 points in 9 playoff games. What do you think, is this just a random hot streak or is he on the verge of a major breakout next season?
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

I...am your father.

Default Re: Jacob Silfverberg

I think he's steadily on the rise. Over-producing right now, but he's still getting better with experience. Injuries put him about a half-season behind on his progress. Needs to be healthy next year to clear 50
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

I have steadfastly stuck with him the last three seasons on my keeper waiting for him to produce. The former MVP of the Swedish Elite League is starting to show his stuff. I too think he can break 50 points next season if he stays healthy.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Banned

Just a streak. Second third line tweener. But yeah he can break 50 possibly

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm a big believer in Silf, but something to keep in mind is that he is not getting power play time. Unless that changes, temper your expectations.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Star

It will be interesting to see if he can continue next season what he's doing in these playoffs. 50+ points would be a good step forward.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't see it as a sign for a "major" breakout as inquired about in the op. He's a player who's real life value is probably better than fantasy as alluded to above. The ducks have a lot of guys who can float in between lines 2-3 so luck/offensive opportunity will be a factor. I think 50 will be a great season for him and anything above would be gravy. I'd probably draft him as 45-50 pt player.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkys_Choice View Post
    Sens fans must be rolling in their graves as Silfverberg now has 11 points in 9 playoff games. What do you think, is this just a random hot streak or is he on the verge of a major breakout next season?
    I don't think 'rolling in their graves' is really the right term. We knew that we were giving up in Silfverberg a top 6 player with much offensive upside. I saw him in a couple of prospect development camps and he was by far the most offensively gifted player on the ice. But in order to get something, you have to give something, right?
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Icon

You have to spend money to make money...but ya I see where you are headed.

When the trade happened I was pretty happy...but then it was easy to see that he needs playmakers to be the guy he was in Ana. It's developing right now and hopefully it's enough to get him back in stride with what was expected when they traded for him.

Anyway back to the op...I think we are seeing silfverberg riding a hot streak right now..but I also think that he and Kesler have found their thing together so I wouldn't rule out a 50pnt season...for both of them
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

Riding a hot streak, but also getting the advantages of playing on the same team and different lines of Perry and Getzy. He has had the best matchups any 2nd player could ask for. He’s on an experienced team and was against inexperienced teams in the playoffs. This is nothing more than a good player on a very solid team against some very inexperienced teams.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    I don't think 'rolling in their graves' is really the right term. We knew that we were giving up in Silfverberg a top 6 player with much offensive upside. I saw him in a couple of prospect development camps and he was by far the most offensively gifted player on the ice. But in order to get something, you have to give something, right?
    his upside really is not that high. He probably tops out near what we're seeing right now. His upside was goal scoring but he has not been able to get his shot off in the NHL due to lack of time and space. His value is in being an all-around secondary scorer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    silfverberg
    noesen
    10th overall (nick ritchie)

for

ryan

and then you factor in the ducks side will make like half what ryan does...
    and the Sens don't need any of those pieces nor do they need the cap space. It's a win-win for both teams.

once you're overflowing with prospects you gotta package some and trade them to get the upgrade.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'd say 50-60.. I don't care if the Sens miss him or not..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

I covered him (and Yakupov) in this week's Cage Match - it's the lead column on the main site as I'm typing this.